Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GTS covers

Hmmm. Just say NO!!!!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet75 View Post
    I got mine from Summitracing.com.
    They are purely cosmetic...
    They can either be a smoked/blackout cover, or a "carbon fiber-ish" looking cover.
    Just a FYI... the headlight covers are also available in "clear", for those who want added protection, + the benefit of being able to see at night...

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    Hmmm. Just say NO!!!!
    Just want to protect my headlights from all of the fading and rock chips and such I have never been a fan of them either, but in this case they are functional and might save me some money in the long run if I can get the current lens to last the life of the VX

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    Just want to protect my headlights from all of the fading and rock chips and such I have never been a fan of them either, but in this case they are functional and might save me some money in the long run if I can get the current lens to last the life of the VX
    Oh yes you can !

Clear/transparent covers are available
    Dakar was just the begining.

Rock chips can be greatly reduced by not following other vehicles too close, and allowing a "cushion" of space so that flying rocks will hit the ground in front of you before reaching your vehicle. Most hard-shell lens covers tend to distort/deminish light output of the headlights; thereby, degrading night-time visibility.

There is also a protective "film" available that can be custom-cut and applied to headlights/foglights; along with other cool stuff for motor vehicle enthusiasts, check out: www.griotsgarage.com

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    Rock chips can be greatly reduced by not following other vehicles too close, and allowing a "cushion" of space so that flying rocks will hit the ground in front of you before reaching your vehicle. Most hard-shell lens covers tend to distort/deminish light output of the headlights; thereby, degrading night-time visibility.

There is also a protective "film" available that can be custom-cut and applied to headlights/foglights; along with other cool stuff for motor vehicle enthusiasts, check out: www.griotsgarage.com
    You can be right about following cars to close,but if the night time is the big issue here then i'll have HID installed to compensate the lack of light beam.

Here few guys did it & looks very good though to the point that police don't even bother to pull drivers for that any more

With headlights on, looking at the VX from the outside, the light level looks good/adequate... While driving, you can almost see more by turning off the headlights and using your round parking lights. The HID idea will probably work. Turning on the high beams helps too, but goes right into on coming drivers' eyes.

As to the "style" of the covers... to each his own.

I personally really like a vehicle with black paint and headlights/taillights blacked out. Some do, some don't. I've been photoshopping some ideas for modding the VX headlights for a while now. These GTS covers are a good start. (By the way, removing the GTS label from the covers helps to de-pimp it.)
    I hope to have a permanent solution soon.
    The main point is... enjoy your own style and function creativity!
    SilverBullet75
    Formerly: '01 Ebony VXSTLTH
    Now: '08 Saab 9-7x Aero 6.0L

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet75 View Post
    With headlights on, looking at the VX from the outside, the light level looks good/adequate... While driving, you can almost see more by turning off the headlights and using your round parking lights. The HID idea will probably work. Turning on the high beams helps too, but goes right into on coming drivers' eyes.

As to the "style" of the covers... to each his own.

I personally really like a vehicle with black paint and headlights/taillights blacked out. Some do, some don't. I've been photoshopping some ideas for modding the VX headlights for a while now. These GTS covers are a good start. (By the way, removing the GTS label from the covers helps to de-pimp it.)
    I hope to have a permanent solution soon.
    The main point is... enjoy your own style and function creativity!
    You know,a bit before i placed my order i had in mind a nice idea about those covers.The GTS white letters didn't came on my covers,so i checked ebay.com & saw someone selling polished-aluminium vehicross logos & my thoughts were how those logos can look at the bottom side of the covers

I bought those same logos for the door's panels,i think eric (elsport) also got them.