Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GTS covers

GTS covers

Well,today i received my sets of GTS covers,but front & rear;Very good looking items,i had my thoughts about fitting but yes,they fit perfectly.

Each set were around $ 48.00 + shipping.all for $ 102.00

My next task is the 6" black strip i already bought at a local shop,thereafter the moonroof which i'll probably wait 'till winter's over.

I'll post some pics as soon the freezing tempetures give us a break.
    Dakar was just the begining.

Gussie2000
    I have had the GTS complete set on My VX for Just over a Year My Advice is for the Headlight Covers! Find some thin felt to place between the hood and the light cover I just used the felt from some Velcro Stick it to the Underside of the hood if not the lightcovers will vibrate when you drive and rub the paint off the hood and scratch the light covers.. it did this on my Buddy's VX so I did not want to take a Chance even though mine looked nice and snug!!!! (you cant even see the felt unless the hood is open and actually matches the felt for the hood stops)

Quote Originally Posted by sloop View Post
    Gussie2000
    I have had the GTS complete set on My VX for Just over a Year My Advice is for the Headlight Covers! Find some thin felt to place between the hood and the light cover I just used the felt from some Velcro Stick it to the Underside of the hood if not the lightcovers will vibrate when you drive and rub the paint off the hood and scratch the light covers.. it did this on my Buddy's VX so I did not want to take a Chance even though mine looked nice and snug!!!! (you cant even see the felt unless the hood is open and actually matches the felt for the hood stops)
    Oh,ok SLOOP thanks for the tip;I'll be on that particular issue this weekend.

Have a good one !

I second that! Mine rubbed and scratched the headlight pretty badly. It's repairable, but the fix is way worth the effort. Also, I ran into a problem with the plastic of the cover thinning and cracking about 2inches below the top headlight hook. It was just worn down for some reason... may want to reinforce there too.
    SilverBullet75
    Formerly: '01 Ebony VXSTLTH
    Now: '08 Saab 9-7x Aero 6.0L

GTS Covers

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    Well,today i received my sets of GTS covers,but front & rear;Very good looking items,i had my thoughts about fitting but yes,they fit perfectly.

Each set were around $ 48.00 + shipping.all for $ 102.00

My next task is the 6" black strip i already bought at a local shop,thereafter the moonroof which i'll probably wait 'till winter's over.

I'll post some pics as soon the freezing tempetures give us a break.
    Forgive my ignorance but what do these covers look like and where are they sold? Do they protect the finish on the original VX plastic headlights? Like a shield?

I got mine from Summitracing.com.
    They are purely cosmetic...
    They can either be a smoked/blackout cover, or a "carbon fiber-ish" looking cover. They are terrible at night, but look great during the day (IMO). I had them on my (former) Silver 99 and now on my Black 01.

**99VC, this is your VX**

Yes it is , before you striped off the goodies , hopefully when you sell me your 01 everything will stay on it. Hold on to it for a while so I can get back on my feet before you sell..

Lost Tail Light Cover

For thoes that use the car wash make sure you check that your back covers are still on i lost mine,but i went back they had it but it was rought up a bit.

Oh no !

I use a car wash where i became a member;7 washes & get one free full service

The manufacturer now includes a SUPER strong velcro-ish fastener for the rear lenses. Once you put them on... they're ON. I use auto car washes all the time. Actually, when I went to transfer the covers from the Silver VX to the black one, I actually removed/transferred the whole tail light assemblies because I couldn't get the covers OFF!... so, Jim (99VC), you have tail lights from the '01! See... I upgraded you, a little.

I knew there was something special about my VX..................

Gussie, where did you order yours from? I ordered from wpsracing.com back in OCTOBER and they are not in yet! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    Gussie, where did you order yours from? I ordered from wpsracing.com back in OCTOBER and they are not in yet! Thanks.
    I ordered them at SUMMITRACING.COM. TLF ( 1800-517-1035 )

Here is the parts # GT0196S (Head lights) GT4196 (Tail lights)

$ 47 each set + shipping.

If the order is back ordered (which i strongly believes it would be) they'll not charge your credit/debit card 'till the covers are on the way to their shipping center or ready to being shipped by UPS or fedex w/tracking #.

Packaging were perfectly done,intructions are included & excelent customer service.

Highly recommended !
    Last edited by Gussie2000 : 01/12/2009 at 07:05 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    I ordered them at SUMMITRACING.COM. TLF ( 1800-517-1035 )

Here is the parts # GT0196S (Head lights) GT4196 (Tail lights)

$ 47 each set + shipping.

If the order is back ordered (which i strongly believes it would be) they'll not charge your credit/debit card 'till the covers are on the way to their shipping center or ready to being shipped by UPS or fedex w/tracking #.

Packaging were perfectly done,intructions are included & excelent customer service.

Highly recommended !
    Ok so how long did you have to wait? When did you place your order? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    Ok so how long did you have to wait? When did you place your order? Thanks
    I placed the order on december the 13th,delivery were on the 6th of this month.