Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Workmeistr's in Virginia

Workmeistr's in Virginia

I arrived in Norfolk last night for a couple of months stay.
    The VX performed flawlessly during its two-pronged cross-continental trip.

Everything went well with the move from California to Nebraska; everything except for my poor Range Rover which we had shipped. The transporters speared the roof rack, possibly trying to load it on the lower lever of the trailer inspite of my repeated warnings about the 73" height. Long story, but I'm looking at about $4K worth of damages as the roof rack tried to "peel" the roof off of the truck when it was hit. I'll surely be in civil litigation to recover that loss.

I'm looking forward to meeting some VA VXers while I'm here. I'm also looking to get my new Alpine PDX-5 amplifier and Kenwood 9004 graphic equalizer installed while I'm here so I 'thump' back to Nebraska in March.
    Bren Workman
    Gretna, NE
    (C) 402-312-1992

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by workmeistr View Post
    I arrived in Norfolk last night for a couple of months stay.
    The VX performed flawlessly during its two-pronged cross-continental trip.

Everything went well with the move from California to Nebraska; everything except for my poor Range Rover which we had shipped. The transporters speared the roof rack, possibly trying to load it on the lower lever of the trailer inspite of my repeated warnings about the 73" height. Long story, but I'm looking at about $4K worth of damages as the roof rack tried to "peel" the roof off of the truck when it was hit. I'll surely be in civil litigation to recover that loss.

I'm looking forward to meeting some VA VXers while I'm here. I'm also looking to get my new Alpine PDX-5 amplifier and Kenwood 9004 graphic equalizer installed while I'm here so I 'thump' back to Nebraska in March.
    That sucks about the Rover...

At least you picked the right vehicle to ride the "troglodyte express"...who knows what they would have done to your VX.

Welcome to the "heartland"... (when you finally get to "corn country")

welcome to VA. We'd enjoy a mini meet. let's shoot for a Saturday in VA Beach sometime soon or Williamsburg would be nice too.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Hey, Tom,
    Sounds good. I need to feel out the work load for this class, but sooner is likely better. Either location is good with me. The beach sounds fun, but Williamsburg is likely closer to/easier for, you?

Ldub, thanks for the welcome. Both me and my wife are from Hastings, NE, originally, so we're happy to be back in God's country. I live right next to a cornfield in Gretna. It just doesn't get any better. I had about a week and a half to set up the house for the fam before I took off, so, other than the Rover, all is well.

wht_dvl is down the road from me in Waterloo, NE, and I got a few more emails from other Nebraska VX'ers that I pinged a while back that want to do some sort of meet. I'll probably find a easy-to-moderate, non-body-damaging, offroading site from one of the local 4x4 clubs. Yes, even in the Nebraska flatlands there has to be some kind of trails...right?

Tom, I look forward to meeting you and Bren. I'll p'm vt_maverick this link and we'll start a VA meet thread. Take care, Bren.

I'm definitely up for a mini-meet. Not sure if there are any good trails in the Hampton Roads area, but if you guys feel like taking a spin down to the OBX I know of some fun places to drive the beach. Not as extreme as the rock-crawling I see going on in Moab, but the scenery is beautiful and it's one of the few places in the world you can get stranded in the sand alongside actual shipwrecks.

Time will be my enemy though, I've got a little girl on the way in late February so the sooner the better, otherwise it might have to be several months out.

OBX sounds great but it's quite a haul for a short meet. Keep me posted on when/where.

Tom

You're one up on me, Tom...I have no idea what 'OBX' is...

Welcome to VA! I'm in Va Beach.... we should meet up sometime.

Plans for Inauguration Day?

OBX is short for The Outer Banks in North Carolina.

No plans for the 20th other than projects around the house. Fort Belvoir is closed so I won't be coming to work.

Tom

Weather looks good for Monday... maybe we could meet up in Williamsburg to ease tom4bren's drive? Otherwise I prefer to stay in the Hampton Roads area since that's where I know the most restaurants, bars, etc. Might even be able to get us on the AF base for some quality group shots by the flightline and water.

I could do Hampton or Williamsburg on Monday. Keep posting details.

So Bren, you are no longer in Cali permenantly?

Bart

I'm good with Monday, Tom. I'll let the location be your call as I'm just the transient. Whatever is more convenient for you and still gets me back at a relatively decent time to get good shut eye before droning through a full 8-hour classroom instruction day Tuesday. I guess I'll see inauguration events on the nightly news.

Bart, I have official moved/Permanent Change of Station (PCS). No more Cali for me. It sucks I wasn't able to link up with the Reno'ites before I left, though. Finishing my thesis by the end of my tenure in Marina 'pert near killed a mental rock like myself.

vt_maverick Weather looks good for Monday... maybe we could meet up in Williamsburg to ease tom4bren's drive? Otherwise I prefer to stay in the Hampton Roads area since that's where I know the most restaurants, bars, etc. Might even be able to get us on the AF base for some quality group shots by the flightline and water.
    Let's do Hampton on Monday, then. Does that work for you Tom? Ashley has the itinerary/events. I'll bring chips? Is it still supposed to be regionally cold on Monday?