Thread: Leaving the fold...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    I just listed it on AutoTrader.com for $10k. We'll see what kind of bites I get with that bait.

I've always had the impression that cars sold on eBay don't bring in good prices, and a quick review of completed VX auctions confirmed that - out of maybe 20 VX auctions, only about 4 actually closed, and none of those fetched more than $6k. All the others got no bids or failed to meet reserve.

I'm sorry to be leaving the VX brotherhood. You guys know that I have enjoyed my VX immensely, and have enjoyed this forum even more (1100+ posts attest to that!).

Well i was hoping to meet you some time around spring time,i drive often to stamford to visit one of my sis,actually i'm right now at her house having a good time.

Sorry to see your VX go,it's hard though.

But the reasons you had to take this decision got to be important & off course matters more.

Just stick around & login one in a while to say HI & let's know what is your next ride.

Best regards !
    Dakar was just the begining.

Good luck with the sale! Jack the price up another grand (or two, personally I think its worth even more!) to cover a round trip ticket to Moab and you can ride shotgun with one of us for one last VX shindig!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

VehiGAZ...We joined this great forum about the same time and I have always taken your VX advice to heart. Good Luck...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Yes, sorry to see the VX move-out of your stables. My only advice is if you have an "out-of-town" buyer who wants to have it shipped to them, then please utilize ESCROW.COM to help facilitate the money transaction. I bought my VX from a seller on eBay, and had it shipped to me by D.A.S., and used ESCROW.COM as the conduit to handle the money transfer. Everything worked great. When you get a moment on your computer, check out the details of D.A.S. and ESCROW.COM. Remember, the "buyer" normally pays for any escrow fee's and vehicle shipping (not the seller), but it's a safe way to go if you get an "out-of-town" buyer and protects both parties involved.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Just a thought....

Take off the S/charger "et al"...and sell it to one of the Rusky VX clan....or others that WANT a s/charger...(LIKE ME!!!)

Premium price...I gaaaauranteeeee ya!

Then..sell yours as a stock good everyday runner....thats been well looked after.

Ya may just get MORE bang fer yer buck at the end o'the day.

jo
    Last edited by JoFotoz : 01/24/2009 at 07:24 PM
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Riff - Thanks for the tips on selling and escrow! If it gets to that point, I will use those services.

JoFo - Great idea on selling the S/C separately, but I can't do it. I dumped the old intake and parts a few months ago. It was sitting in a giganto box in the basement blocking our storage shelves for a year and a half, and I was finally convinced that I wouldn't need it, so off to the transfer station it went. I am kinda hoping there's a wealthy Russian VX fan out there who is still spending money! But it sounds liek a real pain for those guys to import a car like this.

Gussie - Who knows... in this economy I might still be holding the keys in the spring! (ugh... I shouldn't even joke!).