Thread: Things I have done tot he VX, so far....

Things I have done tot he VX, so far....

Here are a few things i have done with my opinions as to how hard they were or their overall turn out, so people can have more opinions.

1) Pioneer headunit: its the 4000 series, sounds great! bought on ebay for about $100, and was a JOKE to install! tear down of dash is easy as cake, all screws are visible and things went in smooth. I installed the bin for the cd changer that i removed as well and it looks clean, hope to have pics soon.
    2) Kenwood speakers: they make all the difference, after 10 years all my speakers were blown, so these just make it sounds sweet. Front door speakers are a joke, took like 20 minutes. Definetely easy to tear down the doors, and super easy to put back. The rear speakers just tok time because i was scared to keep bending the interior plastic to be able to reach the speaker screws, but it was not that difficult. took about 1.5 hours.
    3) Magnet bra: looks soooooo sweet! and took about an hour to install, lets just say i am hard to satisfy and always wanted to a little better till i got it perfect.
    4) 18 w malibu bulbs: took 5 minutes and made a big difference considaring that the person who owned the car just unplged the connectors because the bulbs were burnt out, so now i have driving lights! YEAH!
    5) PCV & Grommet change: advanced auto had what i needed and bought extra just for the future, and it took about 5 minutes, it was an easy change, i dont know what i am suppose to be expecting out of it but it seemed that alot of people recoomended it so i will take your advise.
    6) Dome light: i got tthat 24 bulb LED dome light, worked great and really lights up the whole car, i love it alot.

i do have a new bumper reinforce ment to install, but that will be going on when i have to time to tear the cladding off the car... going to paint it black, but i want to do a perfect job, i have found these spray on rhino liners but i dont know what i will use yet for paint or liner.

I am definetely going to change the fuel filter, get my oil and other fluids changed. plus i need to lube up my suspension, it is squeaking like a chew toy!

Future ideas:
    Safari bar & braquets
    Off Road lights
    rear and front black out light covers
    painting grill

just thought i would share my journey thus far..

Braden

Oh well it seems that your list of must-do is about to be completed though.

The covers can be purchased at summitracing.com.They can be backordered,but they are at all online shops you can quote in.

I had my covers intalled today & WOW ! the VX looks so damn f.... sweet

I also bought two hood 9 x 4.5" vents that i added at both sides of the hood insert.i'll add some pics tomorrow evening so you can look at it .

I replaced the OEM nozzles with brand-new chrome nozzles w/ blue LED lights that only comes on when i turn on the low-beam head lights,goes off when i switch to hight beam.

My next add is the black strip i already bought that would go from the front nose all the way to the rear door at the center-right side of the truck.

keep doing the good job !
    Dakar was just the begining.