Thread: playing in the snow =)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Those were great! I'm soooo jealous as I've been waiting for like 5 yrs for enough snow to fall so I could go play in the snow! I lived in Dallas until late '07 and only got to do that once in the 11 yrs I was there. Found a Lowe's parking lot that had light poles far enough apart...just had a blast in my BMW X5 with big fat tires...can you say no traction? LOL :bgwp:.....can ONLY imagine how fun it will be when I finally get to do that in my new VX.

We had big snow flurries all day yesterday and I was hopin'! But no such luck, it was around 34 degrees....no accumulation, dang.....We're at 5300 feet....we're supposed to have more snow up here in these mountains! I'm runnin' out of winter!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    ya, its a blast....we did it two nights in a row... about 3 hours each night...

actually the second night, as soon as we got there a cop pulled up and we were all thinkin, aw crap here we go....

cop-you guys rally racing?

us- no we are practicing safe winter driving techniques

cop-oh, ok, well i dont give a ****, i was doing it earlier in loveland (nearby city) with my car and my buddies....

us- sweet, well if you want a run through go ahead

cop- no that would definately get me in a lot of trouble, but just so you know im not planning on coming back, but if i get a call then im going to have to break it up...

us- alright, well thanks, and have a safe night

(the cop took off sliding sideways out of the lot)

.....he actually ended up coming back about 3-4 hours later and telling us that he got a call and its time to go home....but it was fun to watch him slide all over the lot
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    cop-oh, ok, well i dont give a ****, i was doing it earlier in loveland (nearby city) with my car and my buddies....
    Dude, that is so cool. I firmly believe that that you need to get the car sideways to become an effective winter driver. When you're sideways in real life, you're going to forget everything you've been told and everything you've read... but you'll remember the motions... and THAT is what's going to keep you alive.

I've been in Colorado my whole life and I've never had a serious accident -- no injuries, no rollovers, no insurance claims. I think a lot of that has to do with the experience gained from skidding around parking lots and fishtailing down roads.

If you see that cop again, you've got to buy him a donut or something. That's really cool that he was actually looking out for you guys instead of just being a dick. That said, it sounds like you guys did the right thing, too. The cones helped.

Been like that here for the last 2 days. Some snow with lots of ice. This morning was pretty crazy.

I have been driving the WRX though. A world of fun in snow. The VX is staying OUT of the snow nowadays. Fact is, they lay down excessive salt here and I want none of it anywhere near the VX undercarriage. Let it eat the WRX.... there are a million of those out there.

Oh ya, Paul.... them turns look like fat whales! Ebrake it. FAR more fun in snow cutting those cone turns. You're safe doing it in the snow with the. Trust me, if anyone was gonna lose it, it would have been me, and I have yet to do so.
    Last edited by WormGod : 01/28/2009 at 08:23 AM
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

http://www.utah4x4club.com/index.php...e=post&id=5214
    This is from our 'ZUTAH run on the first. 7th anual 1st run of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Adams View Post
    http://www.utah4x4club.com/index.php...e=post&id=5214
    This is from our 'ZUTAH run on the first. 7th anual 1st run of the year.
    ah, wouldnt let me access because im not a member...

hey guys, i know its been a while since i've visited this thread, but i wanted to share some more videos of the VX in the snow, along with the STI and GTI.
    check em out

http://youtu.be/iya_UgjIV2o
    http://youtu.be/E2U75eL2ti8
    http://youtu.be/Fpbr5k1zy_c

Quote Originally Posted by mdwyer View Post
    Dude, that is so cool. I firmly believe that that you need to get the car sideways to become an effective winter driver. When you're sideways in real life, you're going to forget everything you've been told and everything you've read... but you'll remember the motions... and THAT is what's going to keep you alive.

I've been in Colorado my whole life and I've never had a serious accident -- no injuries, no rollovers, no insurance claims. I think a lot of that has to do with the experience gained from skidding around parking lots and fishtailing down roads.

If you see that cop again, you've got to buy him a donut or something. That's really cool that he was actually looking out for you guys instead of just being a dick. That said, it sounds like you guys did the right thing, too. The cones helped.
    thats my theory, and ive always driven in colorado...the more practice you have without control, the better your reactions are gonna be when it happens by accident....

plus its REALLY fun to have the guy with the STI ask me if i think he is keeping up with me