Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wheel Center Mod...

I admire the customization. I'm not a big fan of the stock VehiCROSS logo, so it's not surprising that I'm not overwhelmed with a logo based on that logo. Once you explain it, I like it more, but I still prefer the manly bold VX that has become synonymous with this site. As your the only one using this, I think of it as a personal logo for your personal VX, which is cool.

While sometimes members can be more honest than you would like, I always like input as it generally spawns more ideas. When it is said and done, your's is the only opinion that matters.
    '01 Kaiser SC'ed VX #0867

I never liked the side pillar badging. Kinda dated looking. When I did a complete debadge I still wanted something emblematic and industrial looking that would have some design longevity. I came up with a stylized VX and used a stacked version on the wheel caps and an in-line version on the grille.

The wheel caps are aluminum with metallic silver paint with clear coat to match the Borbets. The VX is gray vinyl. I've had these on for over 4 years and they look as good as new.

The VX emblem on the grille is fabricated out of .25" aluminum with a brushed look and clear coat.

Both these design approachs seem readable and understandable.

Additional note: Originally I wanted to achieve some mystery and stealth by removing all the ISUSU emblems. I have always been constantly asked "What is it?" and I would tell them it's an Isuzu and they say, "Oh yeah, really." But I've noticed a change in their response for awhile now, they frequently look quzzled and say they have not heard of Isuzu. Since Isuzu no longer has a presence in the US the name is becoming more unknown so maybe it's time to put the Isuzu logo back on the grille.

Navi

Nice work, that's what I mean. There's the bold group VX, and then some have created their own. I think that's great. I kind of wanted to use the group VX to be cut out of thick steel, and then just let it rust like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by navistar View Post
    The wheel caps are aluminum with metallic silver paint with clear coat to match the Borbets. The VX is gray vinyl. I've had these on for over 4 years and they look as good as new.
    A little off topic, but what caliper/pad/rotor combo did you use? I'll be looking to upgrade the brake hardware when it's time, so since you have Borbets too (although 16 vs. 18) I figure you might know what fits. Whatever you've got looks super slick behind those Borbets. Can't tell if you painted the stock caliper gloss black or got something new though...

I soaked one cap in go-gone for a few days, didn't do anything, BUT I didn't think of a HEAT GUN! I got one! GREAT IDEA! Will report back!

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    A little off topic, but what caliper/pad/rotor combo did you use? I'll be looking to upgrade the brake hardware when it's time, so since you have Borbets too (although 16 vs. 18) I figure you might know what fits. Whatever you've got looks super slick behind those Borbets. Can't tell if you painted the stock caliper gloss black or got something new though...
    These are R1 Concept rotors. They are Super slick and I do get comments on them. This is a pic of my back up set. The pads are ceramic. The calipers are original but may end up painted red later this fall.

The fronts are available at:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_3215wt_1167

The rears are available at:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_3215wt_1167

Navi

So do you find that these increase stopping power? I hear conflicting reports on whether slotted/cross-drilled rotors make a difference. And what are the OEM pads? Semi-metallic?

I don't know if I can make a fair comparison because within just a few weeks of owning the VX I replaced the OEM rotors with these R1 Concept rotors and the ceramic pads that came with them. At the same time I also installed braided steel brake lines from Independent4X. I have oversized tires so heavy breaking is different for me than someone with a different tire/rotor/brake pad/brake line configuration. I've heard that the OEM pads actually work best with drilled and slotted rotors. I really don't know. Some here on the Forum should chime in.

I've got some extra weight up front now too, my rims and oversized tires probably add 50 lbs. or so + the 150 lb. skid plates, so I imagine if anything I'm heavier than you. Just trying to figure all this out well in advance so I'm not trying to make a decision with her up on the lift for a state inspection or something.

L-Dub has those rotors as well I believe, and he has those 35's on his.