Thread: A VX has been cast in an indie film

A VX has been cast in an indie film

I've been watching this project since last year. It was supposed to be out by now, but the release has now been set for 2011. A couple current projects will fund Garden. That's actually a RHD VX seen in the poster and not the one that'll be used in the film. A LHD '99 Astral Silver VX is cast in the starring role. I hope this film can get done. I'll make a small donation when this is definitely set to go. Maybe others here can chip in also. Even small donations mean a lot to indie film makers. Sometimes a certain donation level will get your name in the credits.

Here's the teaser trailer for Garden-
    http://video.aol.com/video-detail/moonlight-pictures-garden-teaser-trailer/4272203488

The same trailer on YouTube-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3kDAzcyr1E

Mark Griffin
    Last edited by deermagnet : 01/30/2009 at 12:09 PM

I'm in! The trailer has piqued my interest. A donation could be in order and if they let us attend some of the filming we could get a BUNCH of VX's in the movie (hey, it's worth a try).
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Interesting....

Bart

Cool, it looks like it has some good energy behind it.
    Last edited by kodiak : 01/30/2009 at 11:26 AM
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Oddly, their website doesn't seem to say anything about the film. http://www.moonlightpictures.org/homepage/

Still, I'm interested in the Casting Call. I've always wanted to do voice-over work. That might be fun!

Yeah, they just got the website back up after a complete makeover. They did have the Garden project on the old site, but it's been delayed now, so we'll have to wait for updated news after the current projects get outta the way. I believe Garden is their dream project.

It was originally going to be a series. They did some filming last year and liked what they saw so much that it was turned into a two hour feature film script.

Mark Griffin
    Last edited by deermagnet : 01/30/2009 at 03:16 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmm...........I dunno guys. I've been hearing a lot of good talk about The Rise of the Vehicross..............That's where I'm taking my money.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

lol..wow that from last year...Im in the movie .It should be fun.. I play the one of the bad guys..yes a good friend of mine has me in it .....hes a old friend director..and my vx will be in it .and thats one of my rifles hes got on the poster.the one in the poster is one he got from on line his name is Deven Watson.....its on hold for now ..i was in the aninated one called super nova.. i played 2 voice parts in it..he lives down the street..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

That's cool!! Congrats, can I have your autograph.

Quote Originally Posted by don moore View Post
    lol..wow that from last year...Im in the movie .It should be fun.. I play the one of the bad guys..yes a good friend of mine has me in it .....hes a old friend director..and my vx will be in it .and thats one of my rifles hes got on the poster.the one in the poster is one he got from on line his name is Deven Watson.....its on hold for now ..i was in the aninated one called super nova.. i played 2 voice parts in it..he lives down the street..

Arhg, they need to lose that poor CG.

I worked on some Indie films back in my Hollywood Attempt days as a set builder and a CG artist and rule 1 was always "no CG unless there is a solid budget for it".

My buddy John who I knew since high school stuck with it and managed to carve his way through the Hollywood Shuffle and finally pumped an award winning Indie film. His last film was done EXTREMELY well, so maybe I should push him to put my VX in his next one, hahaha.

Defaced - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFbB7UZIOwE

Interview (after 1st 30secs) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsvfI6Jwb3A
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT