Thread: Dang, I drove the wrong car to Austin.

Dang, I drove the wrong car to Austin.

Hey Austinites,

We are almost here for good, this time! I sold my Seattle house (if all goes well, it closes next month), so I drove out to Austin in my 350Z Roadster to go house-hunting. I'll leave the Z-car here in Texas and fly back to Seattle next week to pack up and get ready for the big move.

Next month (fingers crossed!), I'll drive the VX out here, taking the long route, with my trusty dog and a plug-in cooler. That's all I need. Oh, and my iPhone. And my Sirius Radio. And maybe a sleeping bag. And some Peanut M&Ms. That's all I need. Oh, and my noise-canceling earbuds for the iPhone, so I can listen to recorded books along the way. And my thermal mug, for coffee. And maybe my memory-foam pillow. And some sunscreen. Also probably my laptop. And my Nikon D3, with plenty of memory cards.

That's all I need. I'm gonna rough it.

So, yes, I'm looking forward to driving ALL 2500 MILES AGAIN in a month. It really will be a fun road trip, with Shimi along for the ride. Yosemite, Joshua Tree, Death Valley, White Sands, Roswell...I can't wait.

And as a bonus, Austin is a really exciting place to me moving to. It's growing fast, but I think there's still room for one more VX.
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

Excellent!! another TX VX Welcome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Cool, you can join all those Texian for the Moab trip!

You can stay awake listening to recorded books? I would be nodding off in no time!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Any chance of a detour through Reno on the way down? It'd be cool to see if we could get a little meet up going.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Eric, maybe stop by Olympia too, would love to see you again and one last time - John
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

i just moved to TX, i'm in corpus christi, maybe we all can have a big-O-Texas meet some time soon.

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

Quote Originally Posted by CoastieCosta567 View Post
    i just moved to TX, i'm in corpus christi, maybe we all can have a big-O-Texas meet some time soon...in MOAB

Fixed it for you!

You guys rock. I love this VX family!

Eric

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Fixed it for you!
    x2....
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Eric, seriously - If you need a place to crash on your way down, we have 2 spare comfy beds and plenty of room and beer.

Only one dog now? I thought you had two???

Anyway, if you are stopping by Yosemite, that should put you straight through Reno, so you better!!!

Bart