Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: CB Radio?

Thumbs up

Nice job Kat!

BTW does anyone know where Tonka (the dude on the top of the second page) got his antenna? I'd like to mount my cb antenna exactly like Tonka did.
    Peace.
    Tom
    Last edited by tomdietrying : 04/04/2010 at 08:10 AM
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

I've used the Midland 75-822 handheld for some years.
    Just plug it into your power outlet (lighter socket) and you're good to go! Or with the included accessories, you can add some NiCad or AA's and go for a walk about with it or if you’re stuck and with poor reception, you can hike to the nearest hill for better reception to get help or flag down a mate. You can also add an external antenna too!
    Sorry, I don’t think it supports a PA, but you might want to check the spec’s at the attached url, just in case, just that I’ve never needed a PA.
    http://www.midlandradio.com/CB-Radio.WYQ/75-822

Question

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post

BTW does anyone know where Tonka (the dude on the top of the second page) got his antenna? I'd like to mount my cb antenna exactly like Tonka did.
    Just bringing this back up because Moab is here in 5 weeks and I'd like to get this done project done. Thanks!
    Peace.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    Just bringing this back up because Moab is here in 5 weeks and I'd like to get this done project done. Thanks!
    Peace.
    Tom
    Tom, maybe it's just me but I couldn't find anything referring to "Tonka", and my thread is all on one page....
    Maybe include the link? Since I was just looking for all this stuff I may have seen the antenna you're talking about and can tell you where to get it.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

VX-KAT--- Nice install, Sue. The only thing I would change is to re-mount (re-rivet) the "Mike-Holder Clip" to the UPPER flat portion of the fuzzy hole (not the bottom portion as you currently have it).

In this way, it would help raise up the coiled mike-cord from brushing your leg as you entry/exit the VX; and most importantly, it would keep the Microphone itself from "blocking" the air-conditioner vent. In addition, the Microphone would totally hide the fuzzy hole when placed on the upper-mounted mike-clip thereby making for a more clean installation appearance.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Tom, maybe it's just me but I couldn't find anything referring to "Tonka", and my thread is all on one page....
    Maybe include the link? Since I was just looking for all this stuff I may have seen the antenna you're talking about and can tell you where to get it.
    My bad.........it was actually Sprey who was talking about mounting a CB on the back of his cladding. He posted a picture of Tonka's VX with the CB antenna.

He posted on this thread, first one on the second page.

Peace.
    Tom

Oh, I see it now.....

Firestik and many other places sell that mount. Jolly Roger used that mount as well and has some pics of the install.
    http://vehicross.info/forums/showpos...4&postcount=35

http://www.firestik.com/CatalogFrame.htm

https://cbradiosplus.com/shop/pc/vie...idproduct=1072

http://www.walcottcb.com/firestik-mk...kit-p-578.html

I also bought a Firestik antenna, as did Jolly Roger. Their antennas are great.
    Last edited by VX KAT : 04/04/2010 at 06:06 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks Kat!
    Peace.
    Tom

I ran a Wilson Flex4 on my Rodeo with a Midland radio from radioshack. It worked great and even with the "mountains" in between me and a friend parked at homedepot, I could talk to him for a good 5 miles before it started breaking up and after 6 miles I couldn't talk to him anymore. I thought it worked great for my trail communication, and was cheap too lol. All my SWR's were just under 1.5. Your install looks good, I mounted mine in the "map" pocket at the bottom of the dash, I also had a marine PA speaker under the hood hooked up to it, now that was fun sitting in the parking lot at work talking to my coworkers when they didn't know where it was coming from haha

I used a generic mirror mount and mounted it to my spare tire carrier

I'm probably going to use the same setup on the VX, just need to figure out where to mount the antenna. I'm not a big fan of the front mounted ones but they work good. I like that mount Tonka used, anyone know where he got it?
    Last edited by RamAirZ : 04/13/2010 at 01:32 PM

Is the antenna mount that tonka used attached just to the cladding ?

Looks like the bolts would end up pretty close to the door seal .

I like the overall look of the install , I'm just curious as to how the install was executed.

If it is attached just to the cladding it would have needed a ground ran to it unless he used a NGP antenna like for boats or what not. I wanna know where the mount came from lol. It looks to me that it is just off to the left of the seal