Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Moab ZooZu XII

Is anyone gonna bring their bikes? I am, I can't go that long without riding.

Moab zuzu

Oh guys,i'm jelause.

I wish i were living down south right now

With all you VX'ers showing your enthusiasm by meeting at moab.

Have fun all of you !
    Dakar was just the begining.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Is anyone gonna bring their bikes? I am, I can't go that long without riding.
    Are you bringing a road or mountain bike (you are talking the pedal type?)
    I plan on getting to Moab Sunday night and will be renting a Mt. Bike from Poison Spider bikes for a ride day on Monday. It might be cheaper to rent the bike there than to spend the extra $$ on gas if you carry the bike on a roof rack. It would be nice to have a few others join me. I have tons of bike fitness but not a lot of off road skills.
    I will also be doing a few runs during the week and possibly hitting the local pool for a few laps if any one is interested.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Are you bringing a road or mountain bike (you are talking the pedal type?)
    I plan on getting to Moab Sunday night and will be renting a Mt. Bike from Poison Spider bikes for a ride day on Monday. It might be cheaper to rent the bike there than to spend the extra $$ on gas if you carry the bike on a roof rack. It would be nice to have a few others join me. I have tons of bike fitness but not a lot of off road skills.
    I will also be doing a few runs during the week and possibly hitting the local pool for a few laps if any one is interested.
    I will be bringing my bike because it is the new superfly single speed(ONLY 100 in my size), I race mountain. It would be cool to ride with you a bit. I could help you with those bike handling skills. I also got word that the World Championships may be on similar terrain in 2010 when I plan to attend.

Man, you should swing down my way...lots of elite athletes make Tucson there spring headquarters for training! Roadies, mountain bikers, runners and us swim/bike/run freaks!

Question Newbie Moab question.

I may be able to break free for Moab but my VX is stock with rancho 9000Xl shocks and 265/7016 tires. Can I wheel off-road where you guys go with no issues??
    Larry S.
    99 Astral Silver VX (176k)
    91 Porsche 928 S4 (73k)

Here's my example of bone stock suspension (Save for tires)

Depends on how bad you want to go and how you drive when you get there
    Scott / moncha.com

Nice Moncha,
    Like most, I just want to have a good time and not thrash my equipment. I need to to keep her mobile cuz she is my ride back to San Diego if I am able to go!!

Me too, safety is utmost importance

There are plenty of lower rated trails to check out. But just like anything else...$*&! can happen! With a good spotter we have gotten pretty much everyone through without any major problems in the past.

Just a little info. There is a new Management Plan in Moab and there have been some changes to our trails. Seems like we loose and never get anything back. A few years ago we lost Onion Creek and now among others we have lost the ability to drive over Gemini Bridges so those that were there, savor the memory. You can still walk across but no longer drive across. I am now glad I took everyone there.
    So the plan is this. VX run (as usual I won’t tell until the day of) on Tuesday May 12th with dinner at the Adams place (Pack Creek Campground) after the run and is also the meeting place in the morning. We will leave the camp at 9:00 am for the run. I am not requesting any beer this year, as way too much was provided last. This will be a pot luck dinner as last year. Larry’s pineapple bratwurst, were to die for. Linda and I will provide hamburgers and buns.
    Just a reminder that the unofficial Isuzu event starts on Wednesday May 12th and goes though Saturday. I have no idea where headquarters are for the Isuzu event are but I am sure those at Portal RV will be in the know as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by lasturbo View Post
    I may be able to break free for Moab but my VX is stock with rancho 9000Xl shocks and 265/7016 tires. Can I wheel off-road where you guys go with no issues??

I would say that half or more of the trails here and the major obsticles on them can be avoided. Your stock VX will perform just fine on many trails, but there will be an ocassional scrape heard from time to time. Between Todd and I and others, we will highlight the trails that come easy, moderate, or hard. I have been out here for awhile now and the hardest trail I have done with my VX (no lockers, just lifted and bigger tires) has been Strike Ravine. There are some obvious trails that I just won't touch though, Pritchet Canyon, Moab Rim, and some more of course.

If anyone would like info on the trails out here in more detail, just send me a note.

Quote Originally Posted by crager34 View Post
    I would say that half or more of the trails here and the major obsicles on them can be avoided. Your stock VX will perform just fine on many trails, but there will be an ocassional scrape heard from time to time. Between Todd and I and others, we will highlight the trails that come easy, moderate, or hard. I have been out here for awhile now and the hardest trail I have done with my VX (no lockers, just lifted and bigger tires) has been Strike Ravine. There are some obvious trails that I just won't touch though, Pritchet Canyon, Moab Rim, and some more of course.

If anyone would like info on the trails out here in more detail, just send me a note.
    What was so hard about Strike? Last time I did it was for winter convention about 3 years ago. Even with the mud snow and ice it didn’t seem too bad. Many years ago the “Big Ugly” was difficult but it much easier now.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Adams View Post
    What was so hard about Strike? Last time I did it was for winter convention about 3 years ago. Even with the mud snow and ice it didn’t seem too bad. Many years ago the “Big Ugly” was difficult but it much easier now.
    Well.... I am just saying it was the hardest one I have done so far and the obsticles couldn't be avoided. Not sure what the trail looked like 3 years ago, but this year..... it was tough. I am usually not to worried about breaking anything, but this one (only two sections) had me thinking about it. You know how these things are Todd... they are subjective.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    [QUOTE=Todd Adams;142574] Larry’s pineapple bratwurst, were to die for. Linda and I will provide hamburgers and buns.
    [QUOTE]

So, by that statement, may I assume it would be safe to bring more in May?...

If John & Wayne (known meat masters) are still in business in May...