Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Moab ZooZu XII

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Adams View Post
    Larry’s pineapple bratwurst, were to die for. Linda and I will provide hamburgers and buns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    So, by that statement, may I assume it would be safe to bring more in May?...

If John & Wayne (known meat masters) are still in business in May...
    Damn!! I wanted to mess with Ldub... now I can't because he makes food that makes ya want to commit suicide...
    We sit together, my VX and I, until only the VX remains.
    --Iamironman

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by iamironman View Post
    Damn!! I wanted to mess with Ldub... now I can't because he makes food that makes ya want to commit suicide...
    No worries...it's only mildly dangerous if you eat some...

It's more of an addiction that kills you over time, rather than being a "sudden death"...

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Adams View Post
    Just a little info. There is a new Management Plan in Moab and there have been some changes to our trails. Seems like we loose and never get anything back. A few years ago we lost Onion Creek and now among others we have lost the ability to drive over Gemini Bridges so those that were there, savor the memory. You can still walk across but no longer drive across. I am now glad I took everyone there.
    Thanks Todd! I got to go over twice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    Thanks Todd! I got to go over twice
    ...X 2...

I like to add a thank you to Todd too! Both drives over Gemini Bridges were awsome. Sorry to hear that we won't be able to do that again.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Man, you should swing down my way...lots of elite athletes make Tucson there spring headquarters for training! Roadies, mountain bikers, runners and us swim/bike/run freaks!
    Man, if I could ever get the chance I would love to make it down there. I could learn few things from you triathletes, you guys only know two speeds, stog and go. Not quite as much strategy just pure fitness. Lol

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    I like to add a thank you to Todd too! Both drives over Gemini Bridges were awsome. Sorry to hear that we won't be able to do that again.
    Peace.
    Tom
    x2
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Wow, I am really glad we went last year. The last VXes to ever cross Gemini Bridges!

Thanks again for that, Todd.

And now, I must bow out of this thread once again before I get to depressed.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by lasturbo View Post
    Nice Moncha,
    Like most, I just want to have a good time and not thrash my equipment. I need to to keep her mobile cuz she is my ride back to San Diego if I am able to go!!
    this is just an example of what a stock VX CAN do....

pretty much every trail we go on will have bypass that is the easier way around...

and i guarantee that your trail leader wont take you on anything you cant do...

we have AMAZING trail leaders and spotters in this group...they make sure they take care of everyone...

for example: i let my girlfriend drive my VX for about 3/4 of a run last year (thats how much i trust our trail leaders)

Quote Originally Posted by lasturbo View Post
    I may be able to break free for Moab but my VX is stock with rancho 9000Xl shocks and 265/7016 tires. Can I wheel off-road where you guys go with no issues??
    I would do some scrounging around in salvage yards to find some Trooper skid plates...my theory is: ya can't have too much protection "down there"...
    Search "skid plates" for what model years work. Also, check out Kenny's sweet rock sliders & belly pan...

My first zoo, I was all stock, except for the same size tires as you, & trooper skids...no problems.

My VX was bone stock with no skid plates for my first ZuZoo (I did have 285/60 R18 Nitto's on though) and didn't really have any problems. I've been stock height for the past couple of ZuZoo's, but I did put one of the Trooper skid plates on just to make sure. I have have hit the plate once or twice, but I tend to drive like a little old lady going to church when I'm offroading. It's all about the lines you pick and just taking it easy to make sure that you don't really bang into something.

The plates are fairly easy to come by and are even easier to put on. If you are going to make it out to Moab and don't have the time to install it yourself, bring the plate on out and we'll have a little wrench time at the Red Rock the night before the first run to get you taken care of.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

I agree with both Dubster and Markster. The first time I went to Moab I was basically stock, with 245 R70/16 BFG A/Ts. I did Elephant Hill with everyone on Tuesday with no problems. I did scrape underneath probably 3 or 4 times, but no body damage or anything. True, it would have been better for me to have some sort of underbelly protection, but seriously, like Mark said, its all about picking the right lines. Having a good spotter also helps a lot. I did not go on any of the harder runs back in 2007, but in 2008 I can back ready. I think could still use some skid plates though.

Bart

Who is camping at Portal? Are you going to have a group site, and what days? I will arrive Sunday before, leave Sunday after.

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    My VX was bone stock with no skid plates for my first ZuZoo (I did have 285/60 R18 Nitto's on though) and didn't really have any problems. I've been stock height for the past couple of ZuZoo's, but I did put one of the Trooper skid plates on just to make sure. I have have hit the plate once or twice, but I tend to drive like a little old lady going to church when I'm offroading. It's all about the lines you pick and just taking it easy to make sure that you don't really bang into something.

The plates are fairly easy to come by and are even easier to put on. If you are going to make it out to Moab and don't have the time to install it yourself, bring the plate on out and we'll have a little wrench time at the Red Rock the night before the first run to get you taken care of.
    my first year...i was completely stock and i didnt bang anything up too bad at all...

i even had completely bald tires and i was still ok...

Heh, yeah you don't necessarily need a lot of tread for Moab...which is why I'm going to run my worn old tires to Moab this year, rather than burning up the new ones waiting in the basement on the 2500 miles of highway driving there and back.