Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Moab ZooZu XII

Quote Originally Posted by nfntruth79 View Post
    Whats the weather usually like, I was planning pants with the zip off legs, best of both worlds, and I imagine jackets at night?
    Last year it was really chilly for me. I was totally unprepared. The first day was in like the low 60's. However the year before was in the 90's. Zip-off's are a good idea. Jackets/Sweaters. Prepare for 60-90's-ish during the day... you never know...
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Thats good to know, I just made my reservations at Portal .

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

I'd prefer not to tear up my VX. Are other Isuzu's welcome in the group? I will have a fully build Amigo that I can bring???

It's called the 'ZuZoo because all Isuzu's are welcome. I would still suggest that you bring the VX out for some wheelin' because you will NOT tear it up. The VX only run is usually pretty mild, and even on tough trails it's all in how you drive and the line you pick (or the line your spotter picks). I baby my VX and have been out to Moab three years in a row without a scratch to show for it (guess I better knock on wood). You won't regret finding out what the VX is really capable of.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    It's called the 'ZuZoo because all Isuzu's are welcome. I would still suggest that you bring the VX out for some wheelin' because you will NOT tear it up. The VX only run is usually pretty mild, and even on tough trails it's all in how you drive and the line you pick (or the line your spotter picks). I baby my VX and have been out to Moab three years in a row without a scratch to show for it (guess I better knock on wood). You won't regret finding out what the VX is really capable of.
    X2 This will be 5 years in a row for me.No scratches (knock on wood also)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    X2 This will be 5 years in a row for me.No scratches (knock on wood also)
    X3 - If you don't bring your VX and you see that huge VX line up, you will kick yourself for not being part of it. There is nothing cooler than VXes in front of you as far as the eye can see, and VXes behind you as far as the eye can see. :bgwg:

Bart

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    so i was talking to my buddy the other day who has an older jeep and he has never wheeled before but he would like to get into it....

does anyone have a problem with him tagging along as long as we stay in the back???
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    so i was talking to my buddy the other day who has an older jeep and he has never wheeled before but he would like to get into it....

does anyone have a problem with him tagging along as long as we stay in the back???
    All Welcome All Welcome

You guys are killin me, I can't wait to see all the Vxs, I am in site number 27 at Portal.

Zu Zu Group Camping "C"

Portal Camping http://www.portalrvresort.com/w/index_3.htm

If you camp at the Portal, let's stay together as a group. Today, I called to get a group site at the Portal. I got hold of a new employee who didn't know how to set up reservations. Tomorrow I should get a call confirming everything.

I'm going to reserve group tent site "C". from May 10th - May 16th for Group ZuZu. It's the best site over there. The camping is great and really lush with grass and trees. There is water on site with showers and facilities only 30 yards away. The bathrooms are always super clean and the showers are as hot as you like.

This is the part I really like. For the last four years, it was only $8 a night. Hopefully, prices haven't gone up. You will only pay for the days you stay at the Portal. Some people stay at indivdual site. I think those are $16 a night. IMO the camping is not as nice and everything else is the same except you spend twice the money.

So if you are camping, see you at the Portal in Group "C". If you are doing the motel, the Red Rock is the way to go. Either place will have a lot of VXs.

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Tom,
    Count me in on that, I have two tents, a big two room, and another smaller for my friend. I will write Portal and let them know I want to be in the group. I don't care about the price difference, but I did tell them I wanted to be grouped with the Zuzu folks. See ya there...I really cant wait, I have been on sea duty for over 9 yrs(Navy), this will be our first trip without kids or other family, and I am obsessed with my Vx, but you all know that already. (I think my wife is trying to come between me and my Vx, she doesn't get it, but she is a good sport and I love her for it)

What airport would be closest. No saying i could come but worth checking the airfairs if someone needs a co-driver
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    Portal Camping http://www.portalrvresort.com/w/index_3.htm

I'm going to reserve group tent site "C". from May 10th - May 16th for Group ZuZu. It's the best site over there. The camping is great and really lush with grass and trees. There is water on site with showers and facilities only 30 yards away. The bathrooms are always super clean and the showers are as hot as you like.

So if you are camping, see you at the Portal in Group "C". If you are doing the motel, the Red Rock is the way to go. Either place will have a lot of VXs.

Peace.
    Tom
    Yeah I agree with Tom. Last year I reserved Group "D" and it wasnt bad but the "C" spot looked pretty nice. I only got a seperate one because the Dates didnt fit the Reno crews time frame and they told me that you couldnt split A, B and C anymore that I had to take the whole area. It was a mess but the place is nice the showers and bathrooms are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by crotchrocket View Post
    What airport would be closest. No saying i could come but worth checking the airfairs if someone needs a co-driver
    Salt Lake City is the best airport to come in to. There is a regonal airport in Moab and also Grand Junction Colorado which is not too far. Salt Lake is about 250 miles from Moab.
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    Yeah I agree with Tom. Last year I reserved Group "D" and it wasnt bad but the "C" spot looked pretty nice. I only got a seperate one because the Dates didnt fit the Reno crews time frame and they told me that you couldnt split A, B and C anymore that I had to take the whole area. It was a mess but the place is nice the showers and bathrooms are nice.
    This is where we will be at. No cabins but tent and rv sites.
    http://www.packcreekcampground.com/