Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Moab ZooZu XII

BUTTERS!!! You're really coming???!!! YAAAY! That's AWESOME!
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

uber excite madness!

I'm gonna be there, yes!

Can't wait to see the fam again!! Going to be doing some mountain biking while there... up for peeps that might want to join me, or looking for an invite from those who might also be doing the same! Just going to play it by ear...

Where most staying?

-beeej.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Bill that's great! Can't wait to see ya! We'll be at the Red Rock http://www.red-rocklodge.com/
    Scott / moncha.com

Thumbs up

Beej,
    Glad you're going to be there!

I would say half are camping at the Portal Camping and the other half at the Red Rock Inn.

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Biju Biju Biju...excellent!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by biju View Post
    I'm gonna be there, yes!

Can't wait to see the fam again!! Going to be doing some mountain biking while there... up for peeps that might want to join me, or looking for an invite from those who might also be doing the same! Just going to play it by ear...

Where most staying?

-beeej.
    Far end of "THE ROCK" is Dub, Jim, JO & Scott central...

You need "shotgun" on any given day, I'm sure there will be plenty of volunteers...

VERY surprised & VERY glad you decided to come out of seclusion for the "Famgath" in May...

It'll be good to see you...Willju...

For those who haven't had the pleasure...this pic, of the most scurvey bucaneer to sail the "cinnamon", is worth a thousand words...Arrrrrrrrr

Bij,
    What day you arriving? I am doing some mt biking on Monday and am looking for some company! I will be at the Portal in the group site with the rest of the "camper" guys...rufin' it!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

I love it when Dub shows off his mad photochop skills.

It'll be good to have the swarthy bucaneer back.

Beeg, are you sure you'll be able to resist the pull to come back into fam?
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    I love it when Dub shows off his mad photochop skills.

It'll be good to have the swarthy bucaneer back.

Beeg, are you sure you'll be able to resist the pull to come back into fam?
    LOL...that be "MAD windows paint" skillz my friend...

You know I'm too cheap to own photoshop...

And probably not smart enough to run it niether...

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    the BEEEEEEEJ!!!!!

excited to see ya bro...you joining the convoy?
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by biju View Post
    I'm gonna be there, yes!

Where most staying?

-beeej.
    :homer:
    stayin' at the Greenwell Best Western. a block from the Rock on Main St.

uthaman.

Todd,
    Any clue's for us about the VX run...getting psyched!

Okay... so long time since I posted anything anywhere. Been a crazy couple years.

So anyway, it is with mixed emotions I report that I was able to fanagle a way to moab this year for visiting with a lot of yall. Unfortunately, Loco is still down, she will not be making the trip.
    Needs a tranny replacement and a new axle shaft (will do both while I am in there).

But I lost my job 3/2, Tia lost hers 3/31. I picked up a contract position that could turn perm, could end at any time, I just don’t know. She is still looking and we are hopeful that things shake free soon. I am a project engineer/manager in electronics/electrical discipline (specializing in audio/visual, with experience in DC power, and telecommunications). She is in the finance/accounting world, with audit, AP, corporate training, Oracle, systems conversions, and management experience.

Cant make the trip and fix the Amigo. We desperately need a change of scenery so we thought that the trip and visiting with old friends would be worth making the trip. We will head out on Thursday 5/14 after work/school, and arrive late 11p-12a is the window I am targeting. Don’t think we will hit the road until 5ish. We will return on Monday 5/18.

So looking forward to seeing everyone and chillaxin. So, we will be lookin for open seats for Tia, Kyren (15), and myself. Would like to ride along on some trails, and if not, we will chill around town or hit the parks and hike. Either way we will be havin a break from the job boards and stresses of everyday life.

Shoot me a msg and let me know if you would be willing to share a seat in your rig. We don’t all have to be in the same rig, but would like to stick together on the same trail.
    I can offer my spotting expertise (far from the best, but fairly decent) , trail knowledge ( I have done a LOT of those trails and know them well, including some off the beaten path off shoots), and comedic relief. 8)

Like I say, I have no clue who will and wont be there this year, as I have been away for quite some time. We decided to do a road trip to Oregon last year, 4235 miles. Will bring laptop and drive to show pics. It was an awesome time. Regardless, we will have a good time.

So that’s my $5 post. I have been saving pennies for a long time.
    Keith

Well, one less thing to worry about. The day before I went to Uwharrie, my VX overheated. It continued to do so the whole trip, I was running the defrost on high to keep temp below 225. Today I replaced the fan clutch, now it sounds like a semi!!!! I love it, temp, not a degree over 178, just like it should be, but boy is the VX loud now. I think my clutch has been bad for some time. Can't wait to see everyone, still lookin into the hats, but I dont think it will be before then.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Keith, great to hear from you! I'm very sad to hear the news about you and Tia job market sucks right now. My Bro-in-law is now living with us due to the same circumstance. I'll keep my ear and eyes open. Glad you are coming to Moab, we'll have a blast!. I know there will be some extra seats.