Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Moab ZooZu XII

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    And some videos to help motivate everyone to join in...
    See you in May
    And more
    Great Video pick! A+!!!
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

wow! these pictures and videos have my already wanting to turn my time off request in to work! looks like a great time! i need to get some new tires for my baby here in the near future. i want to get something that looks a bit beefy, but will still be functional for daily driving. and of course, something that can handle snow and sand!

you guys have some great vx's!

Be forewarned....Moab is addictive!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Be forewarned....Moab is addictive!
    i can tell! videos...pics....posts...etc! i'm already addicted to this forum!

VXGirlie,
    The best tire that you described is the Nitto 285/60/18.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

'01 Ebony Black VX, 0801; '01 Kaiser Silver VX, 1002

I agree with Tom....

I've got 285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers on mine. They have excellant traction in snow and heavy rain (you'll run out of visibility before you lose grip). On dry pavement, they grip well and aren't very noisy. Plus, when you do corner "enthusiastically" enough, they make the same sound as the tires on the Batmobile in "The Dark Knight"! (I realize that last item may only be interesting to me.... )

Randy

5 or 6 years ago i was in moab driving my 97 trooper,and me and the wife went up to the sunset restarant and the parking lot was FULL of vehicross's
    thats when it started for me........now i own #1865, we will be there!!!

Welcome, To the obsession! Moab is Vehicross Mecca.

Quote Originally Posted by primvx View Post
    5 or 6 years ago i was in moab driving my 97 trooper,and me and the wife went up to the sunset restarant and the parking lot was FULL of vehicross's
    thats when it started for me........now i own #1865, we will be there!!!
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Arrow

BUMP !just cuz...

LDub...I think you should seek a job position in gorilla marketing! It would be right up your alley!

However at this pace I predict record amounts of VX's in Moab for '09. Surely, no one will want to miss out on this!

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Isn't 2009 the 10th Anniversary of VX's being sold in the USA...

...sounds like a GREAT excuse for a HUGE party.

Not that I've ever needed excuses....

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

New To VX Info

Where can i go to get all the info I need for Moab, I think my VX will be ready by then. Its a 19 hour drive from where I'm from, Just need to know, plac es to stay things to bring VX wise. Thanks

Ashley, seems the places to stay are 1. if you want to camp...Portal camp ground (anything from tent to class1 motor homes) 2. if you hotel it...the Red Rock Hotel.
    As far as what to bring? That will be differant depending on who you ask and where you plan to stay. Search through some of the old Moab Zuzoo posts and you will find a lot of info. If you have any specific questions throw them out here and we will answer away! Hope to see you in May!

Dang, looks like I'm about 6 months too late to start thinking about Moab...

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyG View Post
    Where can i go to get all the info I need for Moab, I think my VX will be ready by then. Its a 19 hour drive from where I'm from, Just need to know, plac es to stay things to bring VX wise. Thanks
    Ashley it is about 21 hours for me, but I have been there 7 times, it is THAT much fun. And I don't even have a VX. :bwgr: (Technically it is an all Isuzu event, but I think VXs were at least 80% of the crowd in 08. Not that there's anything wrong with that! )

There likely will be some opportunities to convoy. There are a couple of VXs in Chicago that you could hook up with in, say, Iowa City, or Lincoln, or at least Denver if you didn't want to miss out on that beautiful Kansas countryside (Nebraska is SO much more interesting ). And I am usually coming down to Des Moine from Minneapolis myself. I have convoyed from there westward with some of the Chicago crowd in the past.

This, of course, assumes I still have a job and can afford the trip but that pretty much goes without saying for anybody.

T'would be nice if gas prices stay this low for May 09...compared to near $4/gallon this year.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    Dang, looks like I'm about 6 months too late to start thinking about Moab...

Ashley it is about 21 hours for me, but I have been there 7 times, it is THAT much fun. And I don't even have a VX. :bwgr: (Technically it is an all Isuzu event, but I think VXs were at least 80% of the crowd in 08. Not that there's anything wrong with that! )

There likely will be some opportunities to convoy. There are a couple of VXs in Chicago that you could hook up with in, say, Iowa City, or Lincoln, or at least Denver if you didn't want to miss out on that beautiful Kansas countryside (Nebraska is SO much more interesting ). And I am usually coming down to Des Moine from Minneapolis myself. I have convoyed from there westward with some of the Chicago crowd in the past.

This, of course, assumes I still have a job and can afford the trip but that pretty much goes without saying for anybody.

T'would be nice if gas prices stay this low for May 09...compared to near $4/gallon this year.
    Your Trooper is a square VX with more headroom...
    I think your Troop, & Jims, are both considered "honorary VX's" anyway.
    Swede is right on the $...It's a long haul, but MORE than worth it. Kenny comes all the way from Winnepeg...Manitoba...Canada, & it's a proven fact, that only grave illness will keep him from going...

Here are a few threads that will "put the hook in ya"...
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ght=Moab+Zuzoo
    Use the search function using "Moab Zuzoo" for more interesting reading...