Thread: 2009 Moab ZooZu XII

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crager34 View Post
    I would say that half or more of the trails here and the major obsicles on them can be avoided. Your stock VX will perform just fine on many trails, but there will be an ocassional scrape heard from time to time. Between Todd and I and others, we will highlight the trails that come easy, moderate, or hard. I have been out here for awhile now and the hardest trail I have done with my VX (no lockers, just lifted and bigger tires) has been Strike Ravine. There are some obvious trails that I just won't touch though, Pritchet Canyon, Moab Rim, and some more of course.

If anyone would like info on the trails out here in more detail, just send me a note.
    What was so hard about Strike? Last time I did it was for winter convention about 3 years ago. Even with the mud snow and ice it didn’t seem too bad. Many years ago the “Big Ugly” was difficult but it much easier now.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Adams View Post
    What was so hard about Strike? Last time I did it was for winter convention about 3 years ago. Even with the mud snow and ice it didn’t seem too bad. Many years ago the “Big Ugly” was difficult but it much easier now.
    Well.... I am just saying it was the hardest one I have done so far and the obsticles couldn't be avoided. Not sure what the trail looked like 3 years ago, but this year..... it was tough. I am usually not to worried about breaking anything, but this one (only two sections) had me thinking about it. You know how these things are Todd... they are subjective.