Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Moab ZooZu XII

Swede,
    I'm staying at the Portal again this year. I'll probably get there on Monday the 11th of May and stay until Friday or Saturday.

As far as reservations, I don't think anyone has done it yet.

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    I would do some scrounging around in salvage yards to find some Trooper skid plates...my theory is: ya can't have too much protection "down there"...
    Search "skid plates" for what model years work. Also, check out Kenny's sweet rock sliders & belly pan...

My first zoo, I was all stock, except for the same size tires as you, & trooper skids...no problems.
    Thanks gang for the input. I have been wheeling with Land Rovers since 1987 (as I work for the dealer) but did not want to get over my head with the VX as I am not sure of her capabilities yet and not into beatin' up my toys. Dependent on time off from work, my bro and law and I are trying to make the TREK to Moab and workin' with JoFotoz on gettin us all out there in one shot. More to come and hopin to meet and join you all!!:bwgr:
    Larry S.
    99 Astral Silver VX (176k)
    91 Porsche 928 S4 (73k)

Add one more to the list!!!!!!! My wife gave me the go ahead to go to MOAB this year...only one catch, she wants to go too. So we are gonna trailer the Vx, stop in dayton, OH, then KC, MO then all the way to Salt Lake City, then up to MOAB. We are gonna rough it out at Portal. I have some work to do, scour the junk yard for trooper skid plates, build my rock sliders, new rancho shocks and install my new rotors. That should just about do it. Check out the CV joints maybe, and flip the ball joints.
    I can barely contain myself, actually getting a chub right now.
    I figure about 1000 dollars in gas to get there and back, and another 1000 dollars for play money. Is there a fee at the park itself? Do I need to make reservations anywhere other than Portal? Do I need to sign up for the ZuZu event?
    It will be me, my wife and a friend of mine originally from salt lake area. I will get there on the 10th or early 11th. See you all there!!!! I hope you guys drink beer

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nfntruth79 View Post
    Add one more to the list!!!!!!! My wife gave me the go ahead to go to MOAB this year...only one catch, she wants to go too. So we are gonna trailer the Vx, stop in dayton, OH, then KC, MO then all the way to Salt Lake City, then up to MOAB. We are gonna rough it out at Portal. I have some work to do, scour the junk yard for trooper skid plates, build my rock sliders, new rancho shocks and install my new rotors. That should just about do it. Check out the CV joints maybe, and flip the ball joints.
    I can barely contain myself, actually getting a chub right now.
    I figure about 1000 dollars in gas to get there and back, and another 1000 dollars for play money. Is there a fee at the park itself? Do I need to make reservations anywhere other than Portal? Do I need to sign up for the ZuZu event?
    It will be me, my wife and a friend of mine originally from salt lake area. I will get there on the 10th or early 11th. See you all there!!!! I hope you guys drink beer

SWEET !!!........

Not only beer, but whatever else we can get our hands on...

Only a couple of the trails require a nominal fee.

I'll let those with better memories than mine chime in with the rest of the details.

actually getting a chub right now.
    Wow! Now that is HARD-CORE.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Wow! Now that is HARD-CORE.

Bart
    Maybe I can get stripes like yours before then...

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    the portal i something like $6 a night.... im sure tom can chime in with exact prices, as i know he stays there every year....

and todd could chime in with more info on any park fee's...

and does anyone know whether or not its a formal event this year where we need to register and all that business???
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    the portal i something like $6 a night....
    I dont remember what I paid at the Portal. I setup for one group site last year and it wasnt very much. Pretty sure around 12 a night for me and my wife. I had such a blast I didnt think about the costs other than having enough to get home.

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    and does anyone know whether or not its a formal event this year where we need to register and all that business???
    I didnt think it was formal anymore because of insurance or something like that.

I don't know if the convoy will be best, I am stopping at my parents house, and then my inlaws, to drop off our kids. But from KC on would be awesome, unless others want to take it slow the first few days....anyone coming from the Low country area or OH, IN, IL, MO area?

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Um... Sorry, I must have been typing in digital ebonics or something, I meant to say we should convoy from Salt Lake City to Moab!
    Ahhhh, SLC, didn't make the connection (Bob and Tom Mr. Obvious)
    I am down with the short convoy, I will coordinate when it gets closer. Thanks!! Are you crashin at Portal?

I don't know if the convoy will be best, I am stopping at my parents house, and then my inlaws, to drop off our kids. But from KC on would be awesome, unless others want to take it slow the first few days....anyone coming from the Low country area or OH, IN, IL, MO area?
    We are coming from Chicago, but we go through NE... Glad to see another VXer on the list for Moab though.
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    there will be a convoy from colorado to moab too, if you would like to join

i was gonna bring bentley this year but i dont wanna deal with the hassel of a rottweiler in a campground...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by VXIRONwoMAN View Post
    We are coming from Chicago, but we go through NE... Glad to see another VXer on the list for Moab though.
    Yup! As May gets closer, we make plans to meet up with anyone that is coming our way from the East. Heading out on the Saturday before Moab, we take I80 (rather than I70) because it saves time & gas. Drop down into Denver on Sunday, do our best to hook up with as many VXers along the way, and finish the trip into Moab on Monday with as big a convoy as possible. Great fun!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnalVX View Post
    Yup! As May gets closer, we make plans to meet up with anyone that is coming our way from the East. Heading out on the Saturday before Moab, we take I80 (rather than I70) because it saves time & gas. Drop down into Denver on Sunday, do our best to hook up with as many VXers along the way, and finish the trip into Moab on Monday with as big a convoy as possible. Great fun!
    Hey Gil, if you are heading out Saturday we could probably hook up again if you want. Since I got my windshield fixed I can actually hear people on the CB now at highway speed...