Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
Portal Camping http://www.portalrvresort.com/w/index_3.htm

If you camp at the Portal, let's stay together as a group. Today, I called to get a group site at the Portal. I got hold of a new employee who didn't know how to set up reservations. Tomorrow I should get a call confirming everything.

I'm going to reserve group tent site "C". from May 10th - May 16th for Group ZuZu. It's the best site over there. The camping is great and really lush with grass and trees. There is water on site with showers and facilities only 30 yards away. The bathrooms are always super clean and the showers are as hot as you like.

This is the part I really like. For the last four years, it was only $8 a night. Hopefully, prices haven't gone up. You will only pay for the days you stay at the Portal. Some people stay at indivdual site. I think those are $16 a night. IMO the camping is not as nice and everything else is the same except you spend twice the money.

So if you are camping, see you at the Portal in Group "C". If you are doing the motel, the Red Rock is the way to go. Either place will have a lot of VXs.

Peace.
Tom
Hey guys, I just talked to Portal and they said you were actually checking out on the 17th, so that works perfect for me...I will join you at "C". The only thing is I need to park near my tent to run a cord from my Trooper battery to my tent to power my CPAP at night, so I may need to fight for a particular parking spot in the corner, and a tent spot near the parking. But I don't think it will be a problem.

Keith "Air Amigo" and his son may join us too, not sure yet.

It is still $8/person/night for the group site, unless you are under 12 in which case it is $0 . Individual tent site are $21 for the first two people, $8 for additional people up to 4 total.