Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Moab ZooZu XII

I am in at site C, they revoked my request for a site with electricity if I am tent camping, even if I agreed to pay the same cost as a camper. I just wanted an outlet to run a fan, laptop etc...Outlet is way cheaper than batteries.
    See ya'll there, I hope they have Sierra Nevada out there...hmmmmm, my favorite.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

During the day you will be on the trail...no need for a fan, it cools off nice for sleeping at night. The laptop can be plugged in at the ramada. A lot of us usually hang out there in the evenings with our 'puters.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nfntruth79 View Post
    I am in at site C, they revoked my request for a site with electricity if I am tent camping, even if I agreed to pay the same cost as a camper. I just wanted an outlet to run a fan, laptop etc...Outlet is way cheaper than batteries.
    See ya'll there, I hope they have Sierra Nevada out there...hmmmmm, my favorite.
    It's a good idea to bring your own hooch to Moab, as there is only one municipal liquid store & their prices are a bit steep IMO.
    Many times, the convoy will stop at the Liquor Barn to "provision up", before crossing into Utah.
    IIRC, there are only a few "full strength" beers served in bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    During the day you will be on the trail...no need for a fan, it cools off nice for sleeping at night. The laptop can be plugged in at the ramada. A lot of us usually hang out there in the evenings with our 'puters.
    I hate to think that this year I am going to be the one at work and home going.... WHERE ARE THE PICS!!!!!.... I CANT WAIT ANYMORE!!! .... PIIIIIIICCCCSSSS!!!!!

Im already Bald so no worries about pulling out hair.

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    I hate to think that this year I am going to be the one at work and home going.... WHERE ARE THE PICS!!!!!.... I CANT WAIT ANYMORE!!! .... PIIIIIIICCCCSSSS!!!!!

Im already Bald so no worries about pulling out hair.
    Awww MAN...you sure? That sucks...

So is the Missus still coming without you as previously stated?...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Awww MAN...you sure? That sucks...

So is the Missus still coming without you as previously stated?...
    Yea, we are not gonna make this one. Its really our own fault, being apart of slavery as it was put in another thread. We could possibly scrimp and save enough but we hae so many other things to pay for.

She probly wont be there unless she has a rich boyfriend with a VX that shes not telling me about.

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    Back to crotchrockets question; I'm sure that Salt Lake would be the biggest airport to get into from London, but if it is cheaper to fly into Grand Junction the CoZuvoy could pick you up on our way to Moab (we pass through Grand Junction). AND, I could use a co-pilot!

Thats very kind!! I'll see what i can do
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

I would think you could be picked up in Denver more easily (one less connection for you to fly there, I mean). And then you'd get to see the Rocky Mountains on the way to Moab. Guess that's up to you guys.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    I would think you could be picked up in Denver more easily (one less connection for you to fly there, I mean). And then you'd get to see the Rocky Mountains on the way to Moab. Guess that's up to you guys.
    thats true, denver is a great place to come in because its a huge airport and bigswede is right, you could see the rockies ...
    i will have some room for luggage but probably not too much room for an extra person, im sure someone else has an extra seat but not room for luggage.....i have the basket on the roof now so i will be packing all of my stuff up there, so i will have a completely open rear end of my VX
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Cool

Crotchrocket, we will make it work no matter what we have to do... Cece volunteered to take the roof for you. Bungee her to the spare tire up top... it's totally secure. See you in Denver... hmmmmm???
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Heck, you could ride with me, but I assume you'd rather ride in a VX...

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    Heck, you could ride with me, but I assume you'd rather ride in a VX...
    LOL...diggin' the new sig Swede...

I will have someone with me that needs a ride too, he won't be picky whether its a Vx or not, just so long as he gets to go
    I added my name to the list at site C at Portal, we will have two tents with us and two vehicles.

bonfire

Something we do here pretty much every fri or sat night is have a bonfire. Would it be worth while to bring wood from missouri when I stop there during my trip. My Father-in-law has a couple hundred acres out there so it would be free, not seasoned, but for a bonfire, who cares. Is wood gonna be that expensive out in the middle of BFE? I could probably fit quite a bit on the trailer around the Vx. It would look like it was getting ready to get burned at the stake..a PUV witch so to speak. Would be a cool theme for a monster truck, put vinyl flames coming off the bottom, good photo op, anyway, would there be enough people interested at Portal? I am not a big fan of going somewhere else to drink, in my line of work, you get a DUI, your career is over (military). For some reason, I doubt a cab is cost effective in Moab

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    ya i dont think they have cabs in moab....darren do you know??

in tradition most of the drinking goes on at the red rock because those guys tend to get a better nights rest than us (also we start trails at 7-8am)

i dunno if the portal has a spot where a bonfire would be possible... most of it is grass and little roads...maybe bigswede can chime in on that, he's more familiar with the portal than me....

ps- im starting to get all excited for moab now...cant wait to see the fam and try out some new gear (hopefully ill have it by then)