Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Moab ZooZu XII

Bon Fire

nfntruth79,
    That a good idea. The Portal has fire pits arounds. It would be nice to have a little gathering at night. Bring it if you have the space.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    nfntruth79,
    That a good idea. The Portal has fire pits arounds. It would be nice to have a little gathering at night. Bring it if you have the space.
    +1
    That'd be a lot better than buying it at the grocery store...
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Crager lives in Moab...maybe he could start a firewood stash?

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It would look like it was getting ready to get burned at the stake..a PUV witch so to speak. Would be a cool theme for a monster truck, put vinyl flames coming off the bottom, good photo op, anyway
    :bwgr: :bgwp:
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Very nice, the heretic PUV getting what it deserves, apparently, dunking in the river didn't work. (very clever...)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

The Portal sells firewood bundles at the shop near the entrance as well. I think last year they were around $7.00 for a modest bundle(maybe an 18" cube?). I think there were other places to buy wood in Moab as well, but don't quote me on that.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Quote Originally Posted by nfntruth79 View Post
    I am in at site C, they revoked my request for a site with electricity if I am tent camping, even if I agreed to pay the same cost as a camper. I just wanted an outlet to run a fan, laptop etc...Outlet is way cheaper than batteries.
    There are outlets in the pavilion, right next to the group camping area...guessing they'd frown on running a cord to your tent, but in the evenings you can run your laptop there. Others have done it...

98 days and counting!!!!

nfntruth79

You can pick up a power inverter real cheap nowadays. I'd send you one of mine but you could buy one for about the same price as shipping.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

I have inverters in both my trucks, and a battery buddy in the expy to prevent dead batteries. I can't run a fan all night in the tent off the truck, I am trying to find a solar powered fan, that way it charges during the day and can run at night. Its the noise I want, not the airflow. I have some nice battery operated fans, but batteries are expensive. Rechargeable D batteries?

How about a portable radio tuned off-station (white noise). Probably uses less juice than a fan. Besides, if it gets down into the 40s (might or might not) you might not want a fan going even if it points away from you...

FWIW I run my CPAP all night off my truck battery, no problems starting in the morning.

Because I am a bit OCD, and can't wait till May, here is what I already have to bring as far at the Vx goes:
    Brand new set of extra tie rod ends (free from my mech), full size spare, and fix-a-flat, set of mecatech cv boots, Titan 3ton exhaust jack, come along, 30ft snatch rope and multiple shackles, camera and charger, I copied off of Jolly Roger and stripped out spare area, put in 5gal jerry can in mount, 10lb CO2 bottle with regulator and 15ft hose, I can fill about 44 33" tires on one fill up or run small pneumatic tools. This should be perfect for airing down and subsequently back up after trail riding. I brought emergency hose patch kit, duct tape, RTV, clear silicone, full tool set, lots of straps, 50 feet of climbing rope, first aid kit, handheld GPS with extra batteries, hose clamps, mighty putty, in case we have to tow a semi..., WD40, inverter, extra sunglasses(can't see without em, retinas burned out by fishing in Guam and being out to sea in fluorescent lights for the last 10 years).
    Still need to get handheld radios and maybe a CB. I have the Taurus drink holder, but its useless, I would rather have the CB there. The under seat idea sounds cool too, not sure yet. I got a full size ammo can that will fit behind the spare on the roof for most of the small stuff. Waterproof, shock proof, and looks cool. The chemicals and CO2 will be inside.
    You can imagine the camping stuff I am bringing...my wife thinks I am nuts.
    Anyone recommend anything else?

Sun screen/Sun glasses.
    Peace.
    Tom

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    alright, i know someone make a great list last year and thats what i based mine off of....anyone know where to find it??
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Thumbs up

Kenny wrote up a nice list, and I found it. We've been using it for the last two years. The problem is it will not allow me to CUT and PASTE the list.

If you look at the Moab ZuZoo XI 2008 thread, Kenny wrote it on 4/21/2008.
    If that's too much trouble, hopefully Kenny will see this and repost the thread.

Peace.
    Tom

p.s.
    This list is so precise Kenny reminds you to get a Mother's Day Card because you will be on the road and miss the special day.