Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Moab ZooZu XII

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    Kenny wrote up a nice list, and I found it. We've been using it for the last two years. The problem is it will not allow me to CUT and PASTE the list.

If you look at the Moab ZuZoo XI 2008 thread, Kenny wrote it on 4/21/2008.
    If that's too much trouble, hopefully Kenny will see this and repost the thread.

Peace.
    Tom

p.s.
    This list is so precise Kenny reminds you to get a Mother's Day Card because you will be on the road and miss the special day.
    yup, it was kenny....that was a killer list...
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    Kenny wrote up a nice list, and I found it. We've been using it for the last two years. The problem is it will not allow me to CUT and PASTE the list.

If you look at the Moab ZuZoo XI 2008 thread, Kenny wrote it on 4/21/2008.
    If that's too much trouble, hopefully Kenny will see this and repost the thread.

Peace.
    Tom

p.s.
    This list is so precise Kenny reminds you to get a Mother's Day Card because you will be on the road and miss the special day.
    Here's a list from Father Moncha...

Here's a list of items from the Official 'ZuZoo.org Tech Inspection List. These are items they will be checking for:

Quote:
    Mandatory Items
    Securely Fastened Seatbelts for All Occupants
    Drinking Water
    Battery Securely Fastened (no bungies)
    Jack Capable of Lifting Vehicle
    Full Size Spare Tire & Tools to Remove Tire (VX's spare suffices)
    Safe Tow Points
    CB Radio
    Factory Metal Roof and/or Rollbar/Rollcage
    Functional Emergency Brake
    Functional Four-Wheel Drive

Recommended Equipment:
    First Aid Kit
    Tow Strap – Loop Ends, NO Hooks
    Fire Extinguisher
    Flashlight
    Trash Bag

Here's a reprint of a great post Tone on aprevious event:

Quote:
    Moab Supplies List

Mandatory:
    No alcohol / drugs on the trail
    2 or 3” x30’ tow strap w/ loops (20K lbs rated or higher)
    2 5/8” shackles for strap
    CB radio with external antenna
    Ice chest with sufficient water for all day – trail runs usually last 5-8hrs
    Food – lunch breaks usually half way through and snacks as needed
    Working seatbelts for you and all cargo that might shift
    Sunscreeen
    Layered clothing – it is usually chilly when starting out in the morning and hot by mid day
    Closed toe shoes or sandals with good traction

Strongly suggested:
    Transfer case skid plate – Isuzu p/n PN 8-97049-784-0 Cost ~$80
    Bolts (2) 8-97104-788-0 Cost $01.68 Ea
    FRS Radio for in-town communication with other VXes – Cell phones work for the most part in Moab but the radios are easier.

Recommended:
    8-20PSI Trailhead Tire Deflators $59 http://www.oasisoffroad.com/
    12v High output compressor or compressed air cylinder system
    Sway bar disconnects
    Full sized spare

Previous year’s preparation suggestions:
    http://www.4x4wire.com/isuzu/trails/moabzu5/
    http://www.4x4wire.com/isuzu/trails/moabprep/

Good article on being/using a spotter on the trail:
    http://www.4x4wire.com/trail/technique/spotting99/

Trail Etiquette
    ALWAYS One of the most common and most commonly broken rules on any trail ride is to always keep the vehicle that is behind you in your rear view mirror. In this way, the group will always be together -- if the person behind you slows down, you should slow down, and this will cause a chain reaction to the whole group. This is especially important at trail intersections. If you lose sight of the vehicle in front of you, let the driver know to slow down -- another great reason to have a CB. This in turn will work its way up to the trail leader and no one will get lost. Do not follow too closely either, especially while going downhill. When you make it up over an obstacle, you need to wait for the next vehicle in line to make it, so if a strap is needed you can assist. If those below you can't see over the top of an obstacle, let them know when it's clear at the top.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    yup, it was kenny....that was a killer list...
    Here's the KLIQ (Kenny list in question), I stole it from the original post & uploaded it into my gallery...hope you don't mind Kenny...

That's a pretty good list, pretty close to what I had already, and I am definitely skipping the air compressor. Too expensive, I got my 10lb CO2 setup for about 200 shipped,and I can inflate about 40-50 tires with one bottle. I just need to figure out where to mount it. I am thinkin floorboard behind driver's seat. That way the hose can reach out both doors to access all tires without taking the whole bottle out.
    I am waiting on sway bar bushings, but other than that, I think I am good to go. Skid plates would be nice, but I am waiting to see how RiffRaff's deal pans out. No junk Troopers in the yards around here...booooooo.
    Well, its warming up here, about 60 or so, I think I will rhino line some of my panels today. Should keep me busy for a few hours.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by nfntruth79 View Post
    That's a pretty good list, pretty close to what I had already, and I am definitely skipping the air compressor. Too expensive, I got my 10lb CO2 setup for about 200 shipped,and I can inflate about 40-50 tires with one bottle. I just need to figure out where to mount it. I am thinkin floorboard behind driver's seat. That way the hose can reach out both doors to access all tires without taking the whole bottle out.
    I am waiting on sway bar bushings, but other than that, I think I am good to go. Skid plates would be nice, but I am waiting to see how RiffRaff's deal pans out. No junk Troopers in the yards around here...booooooo.
    Well, its warming up here, about 60 or so, I think I will rhino line some of my panels today. Should keep me busy for a few hours.
    how are you planning on rhino lining?? just out of curiousity...
    taking it to a shop? or doing it yourself??

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    how are you planning on rhino lining?? just out of curiousity...
    taking it to a shop? or doing it yourself??
    I was just gonna do the DIY kit. Figured a few bottles of rubbing alcohol to make sure I get all the residual chemicals off the cladding and then roll on the liner. I have access to another VX in the area, I am trying to buy it, but I can get pieces if I screw something up that bad. It took me about 3 hours to get the damned bolts off the rear tow points so I could install the hitch. Had to buy new cutting wheels for my angle cutter...not a good project, so I didn't start the liner. Also took care of most of the rust that was under the rear bottom cladding, painted my CO2 bottle with black enamel, then decided to go play in the mud, 15 minutes of mudding=1hour of cleanup, most of that being my driveway.

Playing in mud sounds and looks super fun,but the clean-up is not worth it to me(lazy and you need to really get it ALL off)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

2009 Moab ZooZu XII

Make sure to RSVP

2009 Moab ZooZu XII

Since I Jacked up and moved the original thread to the wrong place. We'll need to RSVP again. Its good as things probably changed since the thread was started.

Quote Originally Posted by nfntruth79 View Post
    I was just gonna do the DIY kit. Figured a few bottles of rubbing alcohol to make sure I get all the residual chemicals off the cladding and then roll on the liner. I have access to another VX in the area, I am trying to buy it, but I can get pieces if I screw something up that bad. It took me about 3 hours to get the damned bolts off the rear tow points so I could install the hitch. Had to buy new cutting wheels for my angle cutter...not a good project, so I didn't start the liner. Also took care of most of the rust that was under the rear bottom cladding, painted my CO2 bottle with black enamel, then decided to go play in the mud, 15 minutes of mudding=1hour of cleanup, most of that being my driveway.
    nice, im curoius to see how it comes out...i would love to do all of my cladding...i tried the DIY spray on stuff with no luck...looks like crap and peeled in places....i didnt exactly clean it very well though...

Quote Originally Posted by Moncha View Post
    Make sure to RSVP
    Since I Jacked up and moved the original thread to the wrong place. We'll need to RSVP again. Its good as things probably changed since the thread was started.
    Ah, I was wondering what had happened to that! I have re added myself. Thanks for fixing it!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Scott,

I see that you and Laura are heading to ZuZoo. That is excellent news. Can't wait to see you guys again.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    Scott,

I see that you and Laura are heading to ZuZoo. That is excellent news. Can't wait to meet you guys.
    Me too!!!.........

(Mark, sorry I changed your quote to fit my reality... )
    Last edited by Ldub : 02/13/2009 at 09:04 AM

Dub,

No problem with changing reality. Actually I think it would be fun to vacation in Ldubland for a little while.

You haven't met Scott, Laura or Moncha yet?

It's going to be a great ZuZoo reunion indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    Dub,

No problem with changing reality. Actually I think it would be fun to vacation in Ldubland for a little while.

You haven't met Scott, Laura or Moncha yet?

It's going to be a great ZuZoo reunion indeed.
    Nope, never had the pleasure of meeting the Boss Man & Mrs. Moncha in person, though I feel like I've known them for years...

Hangin' out in Larryland is considered rough duty by some...