Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: sliders...

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5

sliders...

ouch, just called richard from stric9 to look into some sliders....
    he's asking around $500 plus shipping...(around 600 bones total)

i remember when i looked into them after moab last year they were around $250-350....

is there someone else out there besides stric9 to get some sliders from?? or is my memory not that good???

im just thinking that i could probably make a Kenny's style skid plate for around this price....

i did some research, and im not sure if he surfs around here much anymore...(i feel bad because i cant remember his name)(i think its keith, screen name is locomigo) but the guy with the amigo who lives in parker, co mentioned talking to ORI in broomfield...does anyone from colorado or anyone else have experience with them??
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    There's always rocky road, (what Zeus has) but wether they'd be done before Moab is anybody's guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    There's always rocky road, (what Zeus has) but wether they'd be done before Moab is anybody's guess...
    maybe it was rocky road who was the more reasonable one....

are they not a reliable shop or what?? why do you say who knows??? (i dont have any experience with it...)

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post

are they not a reliable shop or what?? why do you say who knows??? (i dont have any experience with it...)
    I think the general consensus is that they are SSSSSLLLLLLOOOOOWWWWW.

Bart

I've noticed from past posts, that their turn around time on OME springs can be weeks or months, as they carry no inventory...maybe their turn around on fab work is quicker?...

PM Justin for his opinion, I think he had concerns over length & finish.

u guys dont think they could come up with a set in 3 months??? thats beyond slow.... thats just bad business

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    I've noticed from past posts, that their turn around time on OME springs can be weeks or months, as they carry no inventory...maybe their turn around on fab work is quicker?...

PM Justin for his opinion, I think he had concerns over length & finish.
    sweet..will do...thanks...

Here Ya go...

http://www.rocky-road.com/vxrockrail.html

Thumbs up

Rocky Road's Supersliders... Cece & I have them on ours, and have to say they are the best. They look great (tuck up right along the cladding), offer great protection, and are rounded to slide on rocks better than normal rails. Rocky Road offers the regular rockrails too, but the added protection (and looks) of the Supersliders was worth the extra $$$ to me. I can't remember how long it took to get them, but I think it was about 3 weeks.
    I was told that installing them would be an easy job, but my mechanic had a tough time. I'm sure that someone here that put them on can give you a better idea of the difficulties. The instructions that came with them were a joke. 1) Install one slider 2) Install the other slider 3) Enjoy!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

I ordered mine last week, and he told me they will be shipped on tuesday or so. So less than 2 weeks turn around. I hope they rock, I got my transfer case skid plate from Isuzu parts, I hope that's enough. I cant wait!!!!!!!!!! MOAB or bust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

ya, i called him today and he quoted me 2-3 weeks buildtime....

looks like rockyroad it is....
    im really not sure what the purpose of another bar next to the slider does??? have you ever actually made contact with the second (round) bar gill???

or does the majority of the abuse happen on the square one???

I have the stric9, but yes I have touched the round one on mine. Stric9's are weld on, RockyRoad is bolt on. Weld on was really easy, the bolt on I heard was a royal pain, especially the drilling of holes. Course, you might just be able to weld them anyways. I know Stric9's were expensive, but they are a top notch product.
    Ryan Christiansen

Trooper Skid Plates, OME 912's, Stric9 Sliders, Load Warrior with extension, Apline sub in rear door, Apline front speakers, Alpine head unit, Definity Dakota MT 285/75 R16, Aussie Lockers Front and Rear, 4.77 gears and Warn Manual Hubs.http://picasaweb.google.com/RyanVehiX

Richard had mentioned to me that he was going to raise the price. He had not raised them since he made his first pair about 4 years ago...steel prices have gone up a lot since then around here.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

... have you ever actually made contact with the second (round) bar gill???
    I have not yet slid into a rock big enough to have needed the top bar's safety factor (I try to avoid them), but I am glad it is there.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ99VX View Post
    Stric9's are weld on, RockyRoad is bolt on. Weld on was really easy, the bolt on I heard was a royal pain, especially the drilling of holes. Course, you might just be able to weld them anyways.
    I have heard that you NEVER want to weld into the VehiCROSS frame, because it may weaken and crack. I remember Biju commenting on how his sliders were welded on and he had no issues... "but I haven't been in an accident".

I have used the outer bar to slide around rocks on tight turns.
    The Stric9 sliders have a large plate and gussets that spread the tension over a greater area.
    I would think drilling through the frame would weaken it more unless sleeves were welded into the holes to prevent crushing of the frame under hard contact.
    Just a thought!

PS...I don't have no fancy degree in engineering or metalology so take what I say as just my 2 cents