Thread: 1st Time Buyer Needs Advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    WISDOM,

I have never bough a used car since I was like 18.

Thanks for the input. The VX is a 2003 @ 50,000 miles. I ran a CarFax report and it has two previous owners, I'd be #3. The report was clean and the story I got from the seller matches purchase locations, milage etc that are on the report... just as he said.

I just thought from your expereince you could indicate what leaks to look out for etc.... I am planning to fly in to the sellers town and run it by an Isuzu mechanic for a quick inspection before trading cash and keys.

Just don't want it to blow up 4,00 miles after I buy it when it could have been avoided by simply looking at something I never thought about....

Thanks, Keith

PS: Thanks for the advice EVERYONE on the posting etiqite.. You will also notice me spelling is not too great.

WOW more Oregon VXs..hehe..looking like a NortWest meet soon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Quote Originally Posted by KeithVXlvr View Post
    WISDOM,

Thanks for the input. The VX is a 2003 .

2003 Is this Possible ?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    PS: Thanks for the advice EVERYONE on the posting etiqite.. You will also notice me spelling is not too great.
    Bad spelling we can handle...

WISDOM,

I have never bough a used car since I was like 18.

Thanks for the input. The VX is a 2003 @ 50,000 miles. I ran a CarFax report and it has two previous owners, I'd be #3. The report was clean and the story I got from the seller matches purchase locations, milage etc that are on the report... just as he said.

I just thought from your expereince you could indicate what leaks to look out for etc.... I am planning to fly in to the sellers town and run it by an Isuzu mechanic for a quick inspection before trading cash and keys.

Just don't want it to blow up 4,00 miles after I buy it when it could have been avoided by simply looking at something I never thought about....

Thanks, Keith

I think bringing by the dealership is a good idea. I wasn't trying to be rude about asking how many cars you have purchased, it just that some people have no idea about what to lookup for when buying a used car period. So I was just trying to get a frame of reference. We are a pretty friendly group here and will alwayhs try to help as much as we can. I know living where i do buying used car can be pretty risky due to the weather conditions and the amount of salt they put on the roads. We all hope it works out for you. It is always good to have new blood around to keep up the enthusiasm.:bwgr: