Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 1st Time Buyer Needs Advice

Quote Originally Posted by KeithVXlvr View Post
    WISDOM,

I have never bough a used car since I was like 18.

Thanks for the input. The VX is a 2003 @ 50,000 miles. I ran a CarFax report and it has two previous owners, I'd be #3. The report was clean and the story I got from the seller matches purchase locations, milage etc that are on the report... just as he said.

I just thought from your expereince you could indicate what leaks to look out for etc.... I am planning to fly in to the sellers town and run it by an Isuzu mechanic for a quick inspection before trading cash and keys.

Just don't want it to blow up 4,00 miles after I buy it when it could have been avoided by simply looking at something I never thought about....

Thanks, Keith

PS: Thanks for the advice EVERYONE on the posting etiqite.. You will also notice me spelling is not too great.

I think bringing by the dealership is a good idea. I wasn't trying to be rude about asking how many cars you have purchased, it just that some people have no idea about what to lookup for when buying a used car period. So I was just trying to get a frame of reference. We are a pretty friendly group here and will alwayhs try to help as much as we can. I know living where i do buying used car can be pretty risky due to the weather conditions and the amount of salt they put on the roads. We all hope it works out for you. It is always good to have new blood around to keep up the enthusiasm.:bwgr:

Quote Originally Posted by tjh View Post
    ...I'm trying at the moment to purchase a green dragon...

Quote Originally Posted by tjh View Post
    ....After that I'll be waiting for the shipping company to drop it off at my door...
    I used DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) last year, and had a painless experience. Even had GPS on the shipping truck so I could track the progress of the Dragon. Shipped from New Jersey to California for $1,500.

Best of luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

MSHardeman,

Thanks for the reply. It is a 2001, not a 2003.. bad typing.

Attention tkh

Hey tkh,

The green dragaon you are trying to buy, where is it located.

I may know the owner!!

Waiting on paper work ???

Hey tkh,

The green dragaon you are trying to buy, where is it located.

I may know the owner!!

Waiting on paper work ???
    Kansas . It's on auto trader . I forgot what state the car fax records Showed it had been serviced in .

Paper Work ? Is there not paper work involved to purchase a car ?

O.K. smart guy, you are observant aren't you. I suppose there is paper work involved. I thought you may be waiting on a loan, title transfer or something along those lines.

If it is from Kansas, I sure as heck don't know the owner.

Good luck with the rig.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    O.K. smart guy, you are observant aren't you. I suppose there is paper work involved. I thought you may be waiting on a loan, title transfer or something along those lines.

Good luck with the rig.
    take it easy guys.... we try to stay friendly around here
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Good luck with the rig.
    Dude, I gotta say, you're really making quite a first impression around here...

Whoops ! It was my intent to sound Like a smart*** , Sorry. I should have written that I didn't understand what exactly you where questioning . So no, not waiting on a loan . I have the cash was just waiting on the papers for title / terms of sale and so on .

I also would like to thank all you guys for being so helpful and polite . I'm on another forum for one of my other cars and the people on that forum are down right rude .Although they have helped me out with some issues /problems . So there not all rude just mostly rude .

The community here is just that a community . That's my judgment from what threads I've read through . I would like to apologise to any one whom I may have upset , it was certainly not intentional, ... Also ,I was trying not to thread jack although , It seems I have felled miserably at that.

Sorry, everybody. As I said, I am going to fly to inspect and pick up the VX. I was in need of input / advice ASAP. I have no expreince with Isuzu.

I have never been on a community posting 'board' and didn't even know if I was posting correctly... not in terms of community rules but, in terms of will anybody ever see this 'caus I do not know what I am doing.

I got lots of feedback on how I am doing it wrong, 'jacking threads" etc... , but ony 2 members (wisdon and mshardeman) actually responded with advice. All others simply scolded me like an 11 year old.

the vx isn't all that different from any other vehicle.. check all the hoses.. check for leaks and low fluid levels especially oil.. if the oil level is lower than 1/3 the way up the dipstick... just walk away.. check the windows for proper operation.. other than that dont settle.. there are enough vxs for sale to be a little picky

"but ony 2 members (wisdon and mshardeman) actually responded with advice."

Actually I posted hyperlinks to 2 recent threads on the very subject you were looking for - I just can't remember which of your posts I did it in. If I find it, I'll let you know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

etlsport,

Thank you !!!

That is exactly what I am looking for.

When you say 1/3 the way up the dipstick... do you mean the whole dipstick itself or the standard 1 qt full ~ low mark?? (Meaning if it 2/3 of a quart low - even though it is still in the "safe" zone, I should walk away??

Thanks again for the helpful feedback. I sure appreciate it.

Thanks, Tom4bren...

I fear I have become an outcast already.

You might want to ignore me or feel the wrath of the community.

Fear not Kevin - keep your nose clean for a week or two and all will be forgiven. Make an extra donation to the site & we'll forgive you today

Wanna feel better about your situation? Below is a thread about the previous owner of my Proton - he really got ripped.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ghlight=offset

I never forgave certain members about what they had to say about my P&J but I did get over it