Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Zombie Revolution, are you ready?

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    he cant..."every us citizen has the right to form a well regimented militia and the right to bare arms...."

we have very very very lengthy discussions about this in my criminal justice and judicial law classes...i mean like 4 month discussions...

granted i bought 100 12ga rounds just incase something else crazy happens (like a zombie war, or he decides that he can change the us constitution)(no one would support him doing this....it can and should be ammended but cannot be changed)
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Don't kid yourself, they can just circumvent it easily enough. Without getting into a 4 month discussion, let's say they just decide to limit how much ammo you can possess. Or what types of arms you can own. Just look at the old "assault weapons" ban. If you actually read that, you will find a lot of the things constituting an assault weapon are pretty trivial. Or look at when our good friend Hillary got legislation passed to prohibit the sale of surplus brass and ammo cans to the public. They can pretty much make it so expensive to shoot a gun, that you could own one, but never be able to get proficient with it. Check the price climb of ammo, especially surplus ammo in the last two years. Sorry for the rant, it just seems people are willing to cling to the popular "rights" while more subtle ones are eroded around us.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

oh im aware that they like to bend the rules, as anyone does in any game...

i know that if they removed the right to buy guys, im still gonna own the ones i do...and i know you own your guns...so why are you worried about them taking away that right???

the ammo...ya, i guess they could just raise the prices to the point where its impossible to keep proficient with them...however, you seem to be pretty saavy with metal stuff...how hard would it be to make casts for bullets (it sounds crazy but thats what they did way back when)??? gunpowder is pretty easy to come by now isnt it?? how hard is it to make some bullets from the shells your currently own??

just saying, americans are very very strong willed..and they dont like things being taken away from them....we are greedy...if they piss us off enough them we are going to find a way to make things work in our favor...

In short, bullets=easy. Powder=a little harder, but still not bad. Shells=PITA. They are a deep die process that is hard to duplicate in just about any shop aside from a factory. Specialized equipment. And lets not forget primers, ever tried to make those? Doesn't look easy to me. I currently have enough reloading presses, surplus ammo, and reloading supplies to weather whatever is thrown out, so I'm not worried. I worry more about my fellow man and this ultra-liberal douchebaggery that seems to have him convinced that banning things and revoking rights and freedoms impled or otherwise is a good idea. Oh yeah, and sorry for the thread jack. I just rope the government leadership into the zombie category, so:

ya, i dont agree with someone trying to remove one of our fundamental rights..i think its complete arrogance to even try...

however i do endorse obama's positive mindset, and i think that his passion and devotion will hopefully stay strong and get us threw what it needs to...

that, and a great cabinet

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    ya, i dont agree with someone trying to remove one of our fundamental rights..i think its complete arrogance to even try...

however i do endorse obama's positive mindset, and i think that his passion and devotion will hopefully stay strong and get us threw what it needs to...

Since this thread has gone a bit off course already... (remember Zombies?)

Let me first say, I have no love for either party, D or R...I'm more of a libertarian (legalize everything that's fun, & tax it... )

But this is a quote I just can't get outta my head...

“My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
    I hope you’ll join with me as we try to change it.”
    -- Barack Obama

If I'm mis-quoting former senator Obama, I'm SURE someone will let me know...

ya, dont get me wrong, im not trying to be an expert in any terms either way or anything having to do with politics...

im just putting my 2 cents in...

well all i gotta say is gimme those rock bumpers front and rear, sliders and skid plates....just in case something happens, i can run over anything on the road

or just drive my dads secondary truck....
    he has an early 90's something chevy military truck- ton and a half with a county plow (the big v-shaped ones)....big diesel motor.....

ya, would like to see someone stop that thing...

I'm more of a libertarian (legalize everything that's fun, & tax it... )
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    X2
    I would have to say I agree as well, if whatever you do doesn't hurt me, then go for it, you wanna snort cocain and kill yourself, so be it, who am I to tell you not to, I feel the same way about helmets and seat belts, if you don't want to wear them, then feel free to thin out the herd and help natural selection along. With the exception of minors, but once your 18, you shouldn't need the state to tell you how to be safe, zombies don't need anyone to tell them how to eat brains...(this way its still on topic)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Its easy to be positive and happy go lucky when you have no idea what you are doing and have never had to work for anything in your life...after all, "Ignorance is bliss".

I would say a great cabinet is not comprised of people selected to make sure that you fill every social quota there is just because, but rather the people who would perform the duties the best, but like all politicians, he has favors that he has to return and expectations to meet.

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotsauce View Post

Thats one of mine. One of many.

John C
    I like that post - it gave me the chills!!

Nevertheless, as a real-live (but not especially creepy) "bio/chemical/genetic researcher" I am sad to tell you that the zombies we are working on these days are immune to most common bullet metals, so all of these self-protection measures of yours are useless! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HAH!!!!

I am sad to tell you that the zombies we are working on these days are immune to most common bullet metals, so all of these self-protection measures of yours are useless! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HAH!!!!
    It's OK, cause I know the Zombies' secret. If you bite them first, they turn into humans

Quote Originally Posted by nfntruth79 View Post
    I would have to say I agree as well, if whatever you do doesn't hurt me, then go for it, you wanna snort cocain and kill yourself, so be it, who am I to tell you not to, I feel the same way about helmets and seat belts, if you don't want to wear them, then feel free to thin out the herd and help natural selection along. With the exception of minors, but once your 18, you shouldn't need the state to tell you how to be safe, zombies don't need anyone to tell them how to eat brains...(this way its still on topic)
    yup, snorting coke doesnt hurt you....until the idiot decides to drive, then it does hurt you (or your family)...then all of a sudden you become against it. people dont think things would bother them until someone in their family/friends dies from someone being stupid. then everyone is up in arms. so maybe instead of letting all the idiots get what they want. lets keep them trying to get it...

yup, snorting coke doesnt hurt you....until the idiot decides to drive, then it does hurt you (or your family)...then all of a sudden you become against it. people dont think things would bother them until someone in their family/friends dies from someone being stupid. then everyone is up in arms. so maybe instead of letting all the idiots get what they want. lets keep them trying to get it...
    Really? Yet alcohol is legal? Which is far cheaper than coke ever would be, even if legalized.
    The real solution would be stiffer rules, I put a DUI up there with murder, make stiffer rules with no loop holes, which SC just put into law. The judge cannot reduce a DUI, and based on BAC, the minimum punishments ALL involve jail time and fines. I am ok with that. Prisoners have no rights...period. Put them to work, there are a lot of ****ty jobs being performed by non-tax paying illegal immigrants that Americans won't do because they pay less than unemployment/welfare. Give those jobs to prisoners, they are getting paid after all, free room and board, education, medical care and so on. They owe a DEBT to society, make them pay. Zombie food perhaps? (relates to subject of thread...again.)
    Hell, more marines died in fiscal year 2008 in motorcycle accidents, every single one on a crotch rocket, than died over in the Gulf in 2008. Its a fact, look it up, yet we still keep motorcycles legal for military members? So danger to others has nothing to do with things being illegal or not. It's government control, legalize prostitution, drugs, whatever and tax the piss out of it. I believe the term is "Sin tax".

Back to subject-I am trying to figure out a good place to mount my fire extinguisher, I am thinking behind the drivers window in that little mini-window, but I am worried about heat from the sun, maybe a shroud of some type?
    Last edited by Marlin : 02/17/2009 at 07:13 PM Reason: Add on

i completely agree...anyone who is driving and drinking, deserves ANYTHING they get...i think they belong in jail, for a long long time, working their arse off for the good of the community, maybe it will teach them something....

with the fire extinguisher, you could go ricer and put it on the a-pillar (i think thats what its called) next to the windshield, or built a tube for it to slide into somewhere, that would be kinda cool....similar to how jet-ski's have a tube in the back of them with fire extinguishers in them...