Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Zombie Revolution, are you ready?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Anyone who wishes to play the "junkie game"...

Please realize who you are responding to, if you have the time to research his posts, he rarely has anything positive to say about the VX, Windows OS, the country in which he still chooses to live...well, you get the idea, the poor guy is just plain disgruntled...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=11252

You have my sympathy...
    Last edited by Ldub : 02/20/2009 at 04:51 AM

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    Remember to always take credit when it is earned good or bad.

First, I thank the military for doing an outstanding job.

Second, I don't agree with Iraq at all. We distroyed that country in the name of what? There is still half the population of the U.S. that believe 911 and Iraq are one and the same. How did we come to that conclusion? How do we send 160,000 fighting men to Iraq and 30,000 to Afganistan? Didn't the guy who was responsible for 911 have his base in Afganistan? How did we take our eye off the real problem? BTW - What ever happened to that guy? Did we ever get him?

Please don't question my love of country because I differ with you on this one.

"Have you spat on any Vietnam vets lately?"--------I think that would be Mr. Cheany. How many differments did he get not to fight in that war? Was it five?

Peace.
    Tom
    x2 Tom.....
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Oh junkie, thank you for proving my point for me. You make an excellent representation for the "Average American". Your share of the stimulus package is on its way to you in the form of a check, so be waiting by the mailbox, like all of the other unemployed Obama supporters.

As far as Iraq, I went there before most of this started for the second time, picture the wild west, no laws, no order, just he who has the biggest gun wins. That was Iraq. No schools, infrastructure didn't exist, oil funded their army, so no need for anything else. Wholesale slaughter of innocent people at the whims of Hussein.
    Now, they have schools, plumbing, roads, hospitals and so on. It almost looks like a normal country. Thanks to us. You see that the Iraqis want us to leave, well its partially true. Two types want us out, those with money, so they can take control again, and those that are terrorist supporting bastards, which unfortunately are often the same.
    What you don't see is the hundreds of thousands of normal people like us who have essentially been enslaved their entire lives. That is why we stay...and I am not ignorant, oil and a strategic military position in the middle of the hottest political spot in the world helps too

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by nfntruth79 View Post
    Oh junkie, thank you for proving my point for me. You make an excellent representation for the "Average American". Your share of the stimulus package is on its way to you in the form of a check, so be waiting by the mailbox, like all of the other unemployed Obama supporters.

As far as Iraq, I went there before most of this started for the second time, picture the wild west, no laws, no order, just he who has the biggest gun wins. That was Iraq. No schools, infrastructure didn't exist, oil funded their army, so no need for anything else. Wholesale slaughter of innocent people at the whims of Hussein.
    Now, they have schools, plumbing, roads, hospitals and so on. It almost looks like a normal country. Thanks to us. You see that the Iraqis want us to leave, well its partially true. Two types want us out, those with money, so they can take control again, and those that are terrorist supporting bastards, which unfortunately are often the same.
    What you don't see is the hundreds of thousands of normal people like us who have essentially been enslaved their entire lives. That is why we stay...and I am not ignorant, oil and a strategic military position in the middle of the hottest political spot in the world helps too
    Yeah, who gives a crap...
    How about spending that money we spent nation building in Iraq,in America fixing up our country..

The only reason we had to build that country is because we blew it up.
    And for what...
    They are gonna be in our "axis of evil" again within a decade..and firing our own weapons back at us to boot.

I'd rather the money be spend here, where it was made, by the people who made it, call it stimulus, Bush cut a few fat checks before he left trying to stabilize the economy,so it's not really a republican or democrat thing...Ever here of the "new deal"? It pulled us out of the great depression ...Too far back for ya?

As for spitting on Viet Nam Veterans, Never done that. But they are the very reason I have such a low opinion of serving our country.
    Not for what they did, but for how our government mistreated and mishandled them.
    I realized after all the flag waving and fireworks they are just expendable pawns in a game they can never win.
    Why do you think military recruitment is at an all time low and they had to double and tripple tours of duty over there....
    Because even the poorest, most hopeless, intercity youth rather skip the free college education and flip burgers than be stuck in the desert waiting for a IED to blow off their legs, or get flown home in a flag draped casket.
    You slag Americans all you want for being dumb and spoiled, but only a select few are dumb enough to go to fight in a war that had nothing to do with 911 and had more to do with a spoiled trust fund brat who had no business leading this country into an expensive but worthless military action...

Man, being stuck smack in the middle is soooo much better than being a die-hard Republican or a die-hard liberal.

You see, when you pick sides like so many people do, you really limit yourself and it quite honestly screams ignorance. IMO, there is nothing that is one sided. And that is the problem with politics. Everything is always so black & white, and this world is most certainly gray.

I absolutely have my opinions about the dems and repubs, and I would be more than willing to proclaim what I agree with and what I don't agree with on both sides, but it's really pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE View Post
    Just like the Iraq war, which was pointless by the way, happened because Bush had to defend his dumb dad's honor....(You don't think Iraq was personal? Then why did Bush request to have Saddam's sidearm for the oval office?) You service over there was to inflate Bush's balls and nothing else...You might as well have been blowing them yourself.
    Wasabi, I have to agree here. The Bush Administration was absolutely RECKLESS regarding the Iraq war. Anyone who denies that from either side is fooling themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE View Post
    The reason most americans are in homes they can't afford is because of loans they were told they could afford or refinance in a few years....Sorry most people are not that stupid.
    Man, I have to completely disagree here. First off, most people ARE that stupid, ESPECIALLY those people who failed to read the fine print, and failed to see the OBVIOUS fact that you cannot own a $400,000 home with no down payment on a salary of $25,000 a year. Those people GOT TAKEN TO THE CLEANERS and it was because of their OWN STUPIDITY. Should those type of loans even be allowed? Probably not, but hey, smoking cigarettes is still legal and their are still LOADS of people out there still smoking. So go firgure. (no offense smokers)

Quote Originally Posted by nfntruth79 View Post
    The best way to sum it up:
    It seems that the "average american" thinks that they deserve a nice house, a big truck, and a big backyard just for being American.
    NFN, you are absolutely right. The sense of entitlement in this country is completely sickening. My wife and I spent our 20s working REALLY HARD to get to where we are now. That includes only having 1 car, living in crappy apartments, working looooong hours, commuting on dirty subways and buses, NEVER having cable TV or Blackberries or ANY of those frivolous things the average American thinks is "standard". Doing our laundry at the local laundromat, no central a/c, crappy landlords and neighbors, etc. Now, I am not complaining. No sir. All I am saying is that we sacrificed and worked for EVERY SINGLE THING we have today. Neither of is got hand outs from our parents. We took out loans to go to school, and afterwards dove in head first into the corporate working world, built our careers, made some mistakes along the way, learned from them, and carried on. In December my wife bought herself a Porsche, and you know what, SHE COMPLETELY DESERVES IT for working her hot Italian arse off for 10+ years. Anyway, what I am getting at, is that is seems like everybody (and this includes several members of my own family, and some of my friends) think the world should be handing them a paycheck by default, and they should have everything delivered on a silver platter. And when things don't go their way, they whine and whine and whine, and it makes me ILL. How did this country get this way? What happened to us all? What ever happened to an honest day's work? I think people watch WAY too much TV. It's like 90% of the women out their think they should be Paris Hilton and 90% of the men out their think their lives should be like Rob & Big. Pathetic.

For the love of all that's holy, let's get back to zombies and VehiCROSSes. These conversations are so pointless. I really need to just leave these threads alone. NO ONE is going to sway anyone else's opinion, so why are we all so compelled to spew our thoughts? Uggg.

Bart

bart- i feel the same way...my parents give me no handouts...nor my girlfriends parents...i go to school through loans and i work full time to pay bills and what not (i do admit that my parents help me out with bills when i get really behind, but it doesnt happen often).../endrant

but i really do agree that political arguments are completely pointless because no one EVER gets the other person to say, 'ya your right'...will never happen because in america we all think we have the biggest.....ego?.....
    hense is why i discontinued my arguement earlier in this thread...

oh and how about chemical warfare against zombies? how does that work? (yes, no TJ!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    oh and how about chemical warfare against zombies? how does that work? (yes, no TJ!!!)
    Hmmm, chemical warfare get's tricky. Especially when you are dealing with nerve agents and what not. There is really no good reason anyone should ever deploy chemical weapons. The side affects of said weapons are usually more trouble than the offensive benefits. I can site examples for just about all of the common agents stockpiled today (VX Gas, Sarin, Soman, Mustard, etc). And who knows how zombies will be effected. They might even like it!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Man, being stuck smack in the middle is soooo much better than being a die-hard Republican or a die-hard liberal.
    X2

I’ve always felt that State politics should be left to Republicans, city politics should be left to the Democrats and Federal politics should be left to the Secular Moderates.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

As I type this on a connection that can go any second (yea, I'll check VXforums over email from home) in Iraq with 'bout 800 smelly dudes around me (that's a small amount--I'm not on a pogue-farm here) on a tiny speck of sand and an M4 beside me, can I say, umm...

Zombies. Not Republicans or Democrats. Zombies! Stay on topic! Don't ruin another thread...even if I set certain users on "ignore posts from," others respond and quote and just ruin it. So please. Throw me a bone.
    THIS WE'LL DEFEND

thank you for serving for us...

we will try to not get into politics too bad

Do you think zombies can catch a cold...if so, how about any other disease? The Vx seems pretty tight, mine has close to 120K miles, now I have the stereo in it, not a vibration outside. That is very impressive, still tight after 8 years. My 07 Expedition sounds like aluminum cans rattling around and I have about the same system.
    So with that said, what would it take to make it self contained? I am thinkin submarine style, get some CO2 scrubbers, weld the passenger door shut as well as the rear door, put an airlock on the drivers side....wait, I almost forgot, we have to seal the street sweeper turret on the roof. Not sure about that one, how did they do it in star wars?
    Last edited by Marlin : 02/20/2009 at 05:29 PM

Jane......

[QUOTE=Ascinder;148991]So, first, who is Jane?

Second, how exactly is that acceptable on a family friendly forum?[QUOTE=Ascinder;148991]

Here is Jane!

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/sa...ola/4120730573

I like my Blackberry....

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Lightbulb

Way-ell...since we seem to be sort of back to the topic at hand...

I doubt that even Zombeez could handle being doused in the more caustic members of the acid family...

Or maybe just toss bananna peels out in front of them, for a more "three stooges" flavored defense...

http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/1006...ssible-results

This was my result...LOL:

You are THE TECHIE.
    If it needs fixing, barricading or modifying then you're the man for the job. Without you generators would grind to a halt, vehicles would break down and in no time at all everyone would be living in the middle-ages. Your skills are next to invaluable though you'll be in demand to such a degree that you might soon find that it's you suffering from breakdowns.
    Typical skills: Engineering, invention.
    In your free time you: Develop zombie-busting armoured juggernauts.
    Chances of survival: Medium (You're smart and useful so others will try to protect you).
    Secondary class: THE SCOUT
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 02/24/2009 at 01:25 AM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?