Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Zombie Revolution, are you ready?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Zombie Revolution, are you ready?

I was wondering if my friends and I are the only grown-ups(well, at least old enough to be called grown-up) that are preparing for the zombie revolution? Think of pResident Evil I don't mean like movie zombies, but if you think for a second that there isn't creepy bio/chemical/genetic research going on, you are crazy. As an ongoing topic at work, we discuss the best way to prepare. Although they have all made fun of my "moon rover", they argue over who gets dibs to ride with me when the revolution comes. I am prepared to leave behind my beast 07 expedition to take the agile and unstoppable Vx into the heart of the midwest.
    I always carry all my recovery gear, smaller suspension spare parts, first aid equipment, a few days worth of food, tools, radio, lights and so on. I figure weapons are easy enough to come by out in town, so many walmarts and the like.
    This should be an entertaining thread:What would you do to prepare your Vx for the revolution?
    Bart, maybe some gas masks, I would just score some MCU-2P masks from work, we have all the filters too.
    Last edited by Marlin : 02/15/2009 at 08:09 AM

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Zombie revolution begins with the VX

I guess one good tactic is to disguise the VX as a zombie too

Probably whenever those freaky guys shows up they might find our VX as the leader of the revolution because is just freaky looking as them
    Dakar was just the begining.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    if it happened.....gattling gun on top, run by joystick inside with motor on top to aim....along with backup camera painted with crosshairs....
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    What the Kid said...with a little twist.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...light=mini+gun
    Last edited by Ldub : 02/15/2009 at 10:46 AM

No no no, you gotta think long term. Where are you gonna find ammo for a gattling gun while hiding out from zombies. LOL, a turret mounted street sweeper would be cool, shotgun shells are everywhere!!!
    So if we can convert the gattling gun to an auto shotgun, we are good to go. Thought about a flame thrower, but a zombie on fire sounds like a bad idea.
    I found a water purifier built by Dean Kamen, the Segway guy,that can get safe water out of just about any liquid with water in it, and it runs on anything burnable, as well as acts a power generator as well. Its completely portable and about $2K, but I can't buy it, they are all going to third world countries and being custom built...what a waste, they will be the first to go in the revolution.
    http://www.esquire.com/features/dean-kamen-1208-2

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    um, how about an AK up there??? easy to get russian rounds

reviving an old thread...

I'm not to worried about the undead zombies, easily dispatched. I'm worried about the "follow any and all orders without thinking or questioning" zombies. Of the blue watermelon variety. You need a good AP round to take care of them. But, Ive said to much, i need to go put my tin foil hat back on.

I am so glad you brought this back, I just reread the whole thread. How is that hope and change BS going for you all. I had a good time reading this.

I have updated my zombie preps, and I am ready to become a vampire in order to combat the ignorant undead as an immortal vampire with a hot girlfriend...

lol.

I want to be a daywalker with a big sword! I always keep my truck stocked with goodies, I'd grab the wife and kids and the guns, and go to town. The wife can lean out the sunroof with the AR and take them out as we roll through town!
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Vampires have been ruined. Best to stick with the classics.

WOW, what a topic.

First of all to start COMPLETELY on topic according to the first post...

Marlin, I never got into the Resident Evil games, but I did enjoy the movies (have I ever mentioned that I've easily watched over 1,200 movies over the last 3 years? Yes, I'm a little OCD, but dammut, I fulfilled my goal! My advice to all - if you are a little OCD and love movies, DO NOT buy an awesome 63" TV. I'm just sayin'. But I am caught up on all the current zombie movies if you either need Zombie Killing Advice or would just like a recommendation on a good flick.) Anyway... I played DOOM 3 for a while but gave up mostly because I got to a level boss that I couldn't get past and also because I started suffering from exhaustion due to the excessive muscle wear from the hairs on my arms tingling out of spookiness. Mostly. Later I've moved on to HALF LIFE 2 which is the awesomeist game in the world and I've been though the series several times because I love it so much (except the last part of Episode 3 which I just can't get past.)

Back to the real, upcoming Zompocalypse - until I'm able to find a VX, I'm counting on one of you to pick me up or meet me at The Winchester.

And how is it that NOBODY has brought up the world's foremost authority on zombies - the guy who has all the answers - the one with the right perspective:

Turtle Boy

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RickOKC View Post
    I've moved on to HALF LIFE 2 which is the awesomeist game in the world and I've been though the series several times because I love it so much
    X2 on HALF LIFE 2 the best FPS I have ever played

Just finished it for the third time this week. Then went through again and got all the XBOX achievements (except for one)

FYI the keep off the sand achievement is NOT easy

Its a shame we can't have real M203 launchers.

Bart

Damn Dub...as much $$$ as you're throwing into that you could almost buy a Barrett .50! Well, maybe not quite...but?
    Nice addition since I saw it at the stoop though!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Plus,how much does a 50 round weigh? Not backpacking cross country carrying a .50 and ammo. You can get a rambo grenade bandoleer! Sweet, but probably not stoop appropriate, IIRC, those events were dinner casual, not zombie revolution formal.