Thread: Zombie Revolution, are you ready?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gotta make sure you get them while you can, pretty soon our fearless leader will be trying to make all guns illegal.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by nfntruth79 View Post
    Gotta make sure you get them while you can, pretty soon our fearless leader will be trying to make all guns illegal.
    That is true, I have never been one to want to have a gun, but just the thought that someone might take away my right to "bear arms" is seriously making me consider buying one while I can.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    he cant..."every us citizen has the right to form a well regimented militia and the right to bare arms...."

we have very very very lengthy discussions about this in my criminal justice and judicial law classes...i mean like 4 month discussions...

granted i bought 100 12ga rounds just incase something else crazy happens (like a zombie war, or he decides that he can change the us constitution)(no one would support him doing this....it can and should be ammended but cannot be changed)
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Don't kid yourself, they can just circumvent it easily enough. Without getting into a 4 month discussion, let's say they just decide to limit how much ammo you can possess. Or what types of arms you can own. Just look at the old "assault weapons" ban. If you actually read that, you will find a lot of the things constituting an assault weapon are pretty trivial. Or look at when our good friend Hillary got legislation passed to prohibit the sale of surplus brass and ammo cans to the public. They can pretty much make it so expensive to shoot a gun, that you could own one, but never be able to get proficient with it. Check the price climb of ammo, especially surplus ammo in the last two years. Sorry for the rant, it just seems people are willing to cling to the popular "rights" while more subtle ones are eroded around us.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

oh im aware that they like to bend the rules, as anyone does in any game...

i know that if they removed the right to buy guys, im still gonna own the ones i do...and i know you own your guns...so why are you worried about them taking away that right???

the ammo...ya, i guess they could just raise the prices to the point where its impossible to keep proficient with them...however, you seem to be pretty saavy with metal stuff...how hard would it be to make casts for bullets (it sounds crazy but thats what they did way back when)??? gunpowder is pretty easy to come by now isnt it?? how hard is it to make some bullets from the shells your currently own??

just saying, americans are very very strong willed..and they dont like things being taken away from them....we are greedy...if they piss us off enough them we are going to find a way to make things work in our favor...

In short, bullets=easy. Powder=a little harder, but still not bad. Shells=PITA. They are a deep die process that is hard to duplicate in just about any shop aside from a factory. Specialized equipment. And lets not forget primers, ever tried to make those? Doesn't look easy to me. I currently have enough reloading presses, surplus ammo, and reloading supplies to weather whatever is thrown out, so I'm not worried. I worry more about my fellow man and this ultra-liberal douchebaggery that seems to have him convinced that banning things and revoking rights and freedoms impled or otherwise is a good idea. Oh yeah, and sorry for the thread jack. I just rope the government leadership into the zombie category, so:

ya, i dont agree with someone trying to remove one of our fundamental rights..i think its complete arrogance to even try...

however i do endorse obama's positive mindset, and i think that his passion and devotion will hopefully stay strong and get us threw what it needs to...

that, and a great cabinet