Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Zombie Revolution, are you ready?

on the subject of DUI and such.. this article made my blood boil

http://www.dailylocal.com/articles/2...0004724137.txt

'01 Ebony Black VX, 0801; '01 Kaiser Silver VX, 1002

Dui....

I don't think anyone should drink or do drugs and drive (I don't drink or do drugs at all, but I don't care how others "recreate"). That being said, I've seen people fairly over the limit drive better than most of the brain dead public on the road today. If you drive poorly, cause an accident, and kill someone, the penalty should be the same whether you were drunk or simply forgot that you are piloting 2 tons of metal at highway speed. The end result for the families of the deceased is the same, whether it's caused by alcohol or the fact that you were using a cell phone, eating, putting on your makeup, or reading something while you are going down the road, or simply thought that actually learning to drive a vehicle wasn't worth your time. Just my 2 cents. "Rant off".

Randy

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by 4X4 UFO View Post
    I don't think anyone should drink or do drugs and drive (I don't drink or do drugs at all, but I don't care how others "recreate"). That being said, I've seen people fairly over the limit drive better than most of the brain dead public on the road today. If you drive poorly, cause an accident, and kill someone, the penalty should be the same whether you were drunk or simply forgot that you are piloting 2 tons of metal at highway speed. The end result for the families of the deceased is the same, whether it's caused by alcohol or the fact that you were using a cell phone, eating, putting on your makeup, or reading something while you are going down the road, or simply thought that actually learning to drive a vehicle wasn't worth your time. Just my 2 cents. "Rant off".

Randy
    the difference between alcohol and this- alcohol is premeditated, meaning that it was thought out before you did it...if you have an accident..then thats what it is..an accident.

bart- i agree, no matter how well someone can go around other people they arent going to be able to outrun any type of warfare nowadays, so you might as well stay put and *&$# up anyone who comes your way....(i figure 100- 00 buck shot 12ga rounds should do)

i would just prefer to be stocked up at my parents house than mine....they live on 30 acres with lots of time for aim and reload

if something happened here in greeley i would be in serious trouble..its 20% college kids, 10% farmers/old people, and 70% gangs (not exaggerating, we are in the top 5 for gang members per capita in the nation)

so i think im gonna be both outnumbered and they are gonna have better gunfire...the good news is most of the gang bangers around here drive old cadillacs, buicks, hondas.....so i think i can outrun/run over all of these with no problem

i only have to worry about 'terrorist' attacks...
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

'01 Ebony Black VX, 0801; '01 Kaiser Silver VX, 1002
    We'll have to agree to disagree, pbkid. If you have taken the trouble to learn how your vehicle works, and what it's (and your) limits are, and you are paying attention ONLY to driving your vehicle, the chances of you causing an "accident" are extremely low. If you are doing anything that causes less than your full attention being paid to your driving, then it's just as "premeditated" as drinking. We've all done it, but it's just as dangerous, and the victims (in the worst case) are just as dead. Current tests are showing that using a cell phone (even "hands free") causes more inattention than drinking, in many cases. The closest I ever came to dying was a near miss by a woman in a Bronco (I was on a motorcycle). She was reading a paperback book while she was driving, but she wasn't drunk. I'm sure if she had killed me, she would have felt badly about it, but her friends would have told her, "It was an accident, you didn't mean to kill him".

Quote Originally Posted by 4X4 UFO View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree, pbkid. If you have taken the trouble to learn how your vehicle works, and what it's (and your) limits are, and you are paying attention ONLY to driving your vehicle, the chances of you causing an "accident" are extremely low. If you are doing anything that causes less than your full attention being paid to your driving, then it's just as "premeditated" as drinking. We've all done it, but it's just as dangerous, and the victims (in the worst case) are just as dead. Current tests are showing that using a cell phone (even "hands free") causes more inattention than drinking, in many cases. The closest I ever came to dying was a near miss by a woman in a Bronco (I was on a motorcycle). She was reading a paperback book while she was driving, but she wasn't drunk. I'm sure if she had killed me, she would have felt badly about it, but her friends would have told her, "It was an accident, you didn't mean to kill him".
    agreed....if someone is doing something that severely impairs their driving then they are 'premeditated' as much as drunk driving...to an extent (a severely drunk person has a reaction time up to 4 seconds longer than the same sober person, that is NOT safe)...reading a paperback book->yes you deserve to go to jail for an accident...
    picking up a phone call->no, its a momentary distraction, the same as glancing as a bright yellow moon buggy looking car fly's by in the other direction...

and i completely agree and i would even argue that there needs to be more driving education before someone is given a license...people need to be tested on their natural reactions, their control of their vehicle in emergency situations, how easily distracted they are, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    agreed....if someone is doing something that severely impairs their driving then they are 'premeditated' as much as drunk driving...to an extent (a severely drunk person has a reaction time up to 4 seconds longer than the same sober person, that is NOT safe)...reading a paperback book->yes you deserve to go to jail for an accident...
    picking up a phone call->no, its a momentary distraction, the same as glancing as a bright yellow moon buggy looking car fly's by in the other direction...

and i completely agree and i would even argue that there needs to be more driving education before someone is given a license...people need to be tested on their natural reactions, their control of their vehicle in emergency situations, how easily distracted they are, etc.
    Is it safe to say that a zombie can not have a driver's license? That would suck, a bunch of zombies drivin around in crappy wranglers

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by nfntruth79 View Post
    Is it safe to say that a zombie can not have a driver's license? That would suck, a bunch of zombies drivin around in crappy wranglers
    lol no kidding...or maybe if they stole some rednecks big lifted truck...now we have some serious issues..

i can just see em driving around town running people over, and as they drive by, one jumps out of the back for a snack...

then off in the distance you see a black VX with a gattling gun mounted to the roof and rocket launchers on the hood....BART TO THE RESCUE!!!!

lol no kidding...or maybe if they stole some rednecks big lifted truck...now we have some serious issues..

i can just see em driving around town running people over, and as they drive by, one jumps out of the back for a snack...

then off in the distance you see a black VX with a gattling gun mounted to the roof and rocket launchers on the hood....BART TO THE RESCUE!!!!
    lmfao

and then we gotta figure out a way for dub to launch saw blades or something (he's a woodcrafter(is that the right word?))....

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

and i completely agree and i would even argue that there needs to be more driving education before someone is given a license...people need to be tested on their natural reactions, their control of...etc.
    In my opinion, there should be SOME sort of testing/guide lines, before being allowed to bring MORE humans into the world.
    I know this opinion will create a sympathetic $h#* storm for being too extreme, but for the love of zombies, (keeping on topic) the number of complete morons that we ALL encounter on a daily basis is increasing exponentially...daily...

and then we gotta figure out a way for dub to launch saw blades or something (he's a woodcrafter(is that the right word?))....
    I'll answer to: carpenter, cabinet maker, "wood crafter", wood butcher, tree murderer, casket maker, stick twiddler, etc.

It is of no consequence what I'm called, at the end of the day, I'm still covered in sawdust...

And to stay on topic even further, here's a pic of one that snuck into my living room...he had a bad idea...
    And is no longer in the realm of the un-dead...

Last edited by Ldub : 02/19/2009 at 03:32 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    In my opinion, there should be SOME sort of testing/guide lines, before being allowed to bring MORE humans into the world.
    x2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    You aren't going to find these at WAL*MART.

And if I'm fighting zombies, I'm not chancing it....... :deadp: :deadg: :deadr: :deadb:
    You think you bad?...

Also, check this out...

It'll lay COMPLETE waste to anything that's not "rubber band proof"...
    Scroll dwn, play vid...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DG

My grandma’s ready!

Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Angry

I know this opinion will create a sympathetic $h#* storm for being too extreme
    x3 - Extreme times call for extreme measures. Why is it so hard for people to understand that the single, greatest thing they can do to help the future of life on this planet is to abstain from reproduction, or at least reproduce responsibly? I vote for none, but more than 2 children is downright selfish, ESPECIALLY when the parents are not competent, mentally stable and financially situated to care for the kid(s) properly. That psychopathic woman in California who had the quintuplets (and 6 previous children mind you) DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A JOB OR A HOME OF HER OWN. It sickens me.

LINK ---> http://www.zpg.org/index.php?option=...=396&Itemid=18

I'll answer to: carpenter, cabinet maker, "wood crafter", wood butcher, tree murderer, stick twiddler, etc.
    Don't forget "casket maker".

Bart

Well, when the zombies come, they will flock to her house first...that will give us time to pack up and load everything...
    As far as reprodcution, I agree, voting should be the same way. When you vote, you should have to either answer a few questions about your candidate, or better yet, no names on the ballot, just a questionnaire about the issues, whichever matches your picks the most based on order of importance, it picks them for you...Oh well, as long as we keep letting non-tax paying poor people vote, we will keep getting people like Obama for president, hell Adam Sandler should run, he would probably win.

Back to zombies, claymores are a must, what better way to protect your home, they are always on watch, and will certainly wake you up when they go off so you can finish off whatever is left.