View Poll Results: When do you use your headlights?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Day and Night

13 14.61%
  • Night Only

4 4.49%
  • Night and During bad weather

47 52.81%
  • Parking lights during the day, Headlights at night

14 15.73%
  • Sometimes during the day, Always at night

10 11.24%
  • What are headlights?

1 1.12%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: when do you use your headlights?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

when do you use your headlights?

just curious how often everybody uses their headlights.. i use mine every time i get in the car regardless of time of day, ive seen many cars only by their headlights during the day in bright sun, so i always use mine.. just curious how everyone else uses theirs?

I only use mine when it's dark ... but I never use my parking brake either so I'm prolly not 'normal'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    I voted "Night and During bad weather" but since the VX's interior is so dark, I often put my parking lights on by late afternoon...

I converted mine to HID's along with the Hella Micro DE that replaced the 'fog' light. I run the hella's when ever the engine is running, so I guess the answer is, day and night, but not the headlights unless weather is bad, then both and no, I don't get flashed cause I have them aimed correctly.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

aw only during day...... where your sense of adventure?

Of special note-- vehicles that are painted shades of Silver; Gray; Beige; Brown, Forest Green are very difficult to see as they often blend in with their surroundings and/or blend in with concrete/asphalt. Owner's with these colored cars should always have their headlights on.

I always run my headlights both day-n-night. During the daytime-- I run my headlights on "high-beam" (poor man's Daytime Running Lights). During the nighttime-- with oncoming traffic, I run my headlights on normal "low-beam" (of course).

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by rowhard View Post
    I converted mine to HID's along with the Hella Micro DE that replaced the 'fog' light. I run the hella's when ever the engine is running, so I guess the answer is, day and night, but not the headlights unless weather is bad, then both and no, I don't get flashed cause I have them aimed correctly.
    same for me...i converted my fogs to piaa driving lights and those are on any time my motor is on...and the headlights only come when i can no longer see the sun because they are HID.
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

If you are running high performance halogene like us, they cost $40 a pair and only last a year, so only in the dark.

i run silverstar ultras at $40 a pair and run em all the time.. id rather spend the money and make sure im seen at all times

Here's a link for a couple of reviews I did on LEDS

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.ph...category&cid=5
    Scott / moncha.com

'01 Ebony Black VX, 0801; '01 Kaiser Silver VX, 1002

Daytime high beams.....

I may be the only one who feels this way, but I find high beams in my eyes to be just as irritating in the daytime as they are at night. If you feel that you must run headlights in the daytime, maybe low beams are the way to go. I'm not entirely convinced that DRL's do any good any way. If the oncoming "driver" is so distracted that he can't see something the size of a car or truck, I'm not sure that headlights are going to help.
    Just my two cents.

Randy

I know where you our coming from BUT

Quote Originally Posted by 4X4 UFO View Post
    I may be the only one who feels this way, but I find high beams in my eyes to be just as irritating in the daytime as they are at night. If you feel that you must run headlights in the daytime, maybe low beams are the way to go. I'm not entirely convinced that DRL's do any good any way. If the oncoming "driver" is so distracted that he can't see something the size of a car or truck, I'm not sure that headlights are going to help.
    Just my two cents.

Randy
    The whole DLR lights come from idiots not having the common sense to turn the lights on when raining or overcast and a small silver car on gray pavement in a hard rain storm can be invisible. Remember all our laws are written seem to be for the most stupid or the most evil

'01 Ebony Black VX, 0801; '01 Kaiser Silver VX, 1002

Circmand.......

You make a good point. I still think that low beams are the way to go, though. I just can't see the need for shining high beams into oncoming traffic, whether it's day, night, or in between........

Randy

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    The whole DLR lights come from idiots not having the common sense to turn the lights on when raining or overcast.
    Remember all our laws are written seem to be for the most stupid or the most evil
    Sorry, most have heard this rant before...

But it's civilization in general, with a substantial helping of a society ever more willing to sue the other party involved, rather than take responsibility for their own actions, that is the problem here...

Making society in general ALMOST idiot proof, has taken natural selection out of the game, allowing more & more "questionable" genetic material into the shallow end...yeah, I know, not the correct opinion to have is this day & age......
    Last edited by Ldub : 08/19/2009 at 06:52 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Sorry, most have heard this rant before...

But it's civilization in general, with a substantial helping of a society, ever more willing to sue the other party involved, than to take responsibility for their own actions, that is the problem here...

Making society in general ALMOST idiot proof, has taken natural selection out of the game, allowing more & more "questionable" genetic material into the shallow end...yeah, I know, not the correct opinion to have is this day & age......
    Don't get me started,my head wants to explode I'll just say... X a ...gazillon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!