Hey Guys,

I've got a lead on a set of 4.77 gears, but I need some advice from the community here because I'm not 100% sure what all this stuff means.

First of all, these would be coming off a '91 Trooper with LSD in the front, and an ARB locker in the rear. I already have a front third member, so I don't really need the front, but I think the seller only wants to sell the pair so I might wind up having an extra front. I don't remember if the one I purchased a couple years back has the limited slip, but my question is, do I even want it? My VX is used primarily on the road and I want the bigger gears to give me some power back.

Second, as for the ARB locker in the back, same question as the first, do I even want this? It's my understanding that this only locks the axles on demand, so technically this shouldn't change my on road characteristics, right?

Third, the seller mentioned something that I don't quite understand. He said, "It was run for a while with excessive backlash and is a little noisy at highway speeds. Probably should have backlash reset properly". What the heck does this mean, and should I be concerned? Is this something that would need to be done during install anyway?

Thanks,
Kyle