Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DONE!! '02 AXIOM engine switch works!!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by iamironman View Post
    With as bad as the oil consumption was, and it was BAAAD, I was putting a quart in almost every week... I'm not doing anything with it... scrap it!! Unless you can think of something to do with it?... LOL
    Well Yeah...I've always wanted an aluminium engine block, as the base for a coffee table...no, I'm serious.

I have a pic somewhere of one, & the owner stored bottles of fine wine in the cylinder bores...

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Well Yeah...I've always wanted an aluminium engine block, as the base for a coffee table...no, I'm serious.

I have a pic somewhere of one, & the owner stored bottles of fine wine in the cylinder bores...
    wow, thats horrible...what a waste of a motor lol....
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    Sorry for the TJ Iron, but you know how it goes...

Young master Jack, I beg to differ...

One other thing... I buried the needle this evening... and after I hit 100mph, the TOD showed all lights on... like I was doing 4 wheel drive at WELL over 100 MPH...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
    Now THAT is the proper way to get familiar with your ride... gun it, run it, and let it know what is to be expected!

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    I have to agree. See, "fine" wine is still wine. Now, if it was storing chilled Jager...
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnalVX View Post
    Now THAT is the proper way to get familiar with your ride... gun it, run it, and let it know what is to be expected!

I have to agree. See, "fine" wine is still wine. Now, if it was storing chilled Jager...
    ya...there's an invention for someone who wants to make some dough...

a jager machine that looks like a motor..

and actually, seeing a picture of it, it is pretty cool used as a table dub...

Good, but i think about 04 axiom engine and Aisin transmission! What do you think about it? It has 250 hp, and strong japanese transmission!
    How much it will be cost in US?

what company is this? i would love to invest and see if it works. can you send me the right direction on this and let me know how i can invest on this?

[/B]
    excuse the OT for a sec...

A stock tip for anyone interested... Symbol TNRI... it's getting ready to run... I have 2.5 million shares of it... expected to hit .01 within a month... yes thats one penny... if it hits that... I'll have a cool $25,000.... it's @ .0002 right now... that's 2/1000th's of a penny... it's a gold mining company... Do your due diligence and research and buy some... a spare $200 (for a million shares) of mad money could net you $10,000

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

Quote Originally Posted by CoastieCosta567 View Post
    what company is this? i would love to invest and see if it works. can you send me the right direction on this and let me know how i can invest on this?

[/b]
    research it, read EVERYTHING you can get your hands on a stock before investing/trading. Make your OWN decisions... Stocks are a risk, I am not a financial advisor... I am tipping this stoclk ONLY because I am invested in it, but that doesn't mean it is going up for sure. It's just my opinion.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=TNRI.PK

here's latest news

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Titan-...-14307853.html

here's their website

http://www.titan-resource.com/titan/home.asp

Here's a couple of forums to join to see what other's have to say (well, you don't have to join, if you want to lurk you can just read what's being said and decide for yourself):

http://www.hotstockmarket.com/forums...ad.php?t=48640

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...ge_id=36031711

I DO recommend Scottrade for online broker... I think it's the best, cheapest and more bang for your buck... free to start an account, deposit money, and $7 a trade, although for these penny stock, they're what is called a "Pink", there is a small extra fee to buy these types of stocks... for a million shares of this it's $8. Email me if you have any other Q's.
    We sit together, my VX and I, until only the VX remains.
    --Iamironman

First correct me if I am wrong but isnt an 2002 Axiom not direct injection to begin with? I thought it was just 2004 Axiom and Rodeo. Or at least those are the only Axiom's I have ever considered buying becuase of this.

Two:
    Penny stocks are risky. But I am looking into this one.
    Last edited by JHarris1385 : 03/04/2009 at 06:27 AM

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    First correct me if I am wrong but isnt an 2002 Axiom not direct injection to begin with? I thought it was just 2004 Axiom and Rodeo. Or at least those are the only Axiom's I have ever considered buying becuase of this.

Two:
    Penny stocks are risky. But I am looking into this one. What is your insight on it?
    Right, it's not direct injection, but, it's a different intake and injection from a stock VX... hence the 230HP with the same block/heads (although the heads are slightly diff/redesigned/improved).

As far as the stock tip, please see my previous post, and email me with any Q's.

Yes, it is no longer direct injected...
    Ok... Bottom line... it's the whole topside of the VX engine on the Axiom block and heads... intake, TB, just about everything from the heads up to the underside of the hood... I even had to use the valve covers from the VX engine, as the Axiom valve covers were shaped just slightly different and stuff wouldn't fit with the Axiom valve covers on.
    Aye, tis the rub! That right there would have been the nail in the coffin were it my project, heh. Seems like any and all advantages (aside from cheaper price) would be flushed. Good job though. Glad to see someone finally came through with a swap of ANY kind.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

With as bad as the oil consumption was, and it was BAAAD, I was putting a quart in almost every week... I'm not doing anything with it... scrap it!! Unless you can think of something to do with it?... LOL
    Yeah, my oil consumption is really pretty awful. I probably use damn near 5 quarts in between oil changes. So definitely keep me posted on how the new setup works with oil drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Young master Jack, I beg to differ...

Agreed, THAT is badddddaasssssss looking. Me personally, I would have the whole thing coated in Instant Rust to give it that rustic look or maybe have it dipped in liquid black plastic coating. Really cool either way. I love the use of found objects and recycled objects for making new, functional, artistic pieces.

Bart

I’m still very impressed.

Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Maybe you said this before, and I just missed it. Are you getting the 230 horses out of the engine or only 215?
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    Maybe you said this before, and I just missed it. Are you getting the 230 horses out of the engine or only 215?
    Peace.
    Tom
    I'd say I'm getting only 215HP, because I am using the Axiom long block and the VX intake, injectors etc... and ECM... The reason the '02 Axiom had 230HP was the advanced/redesigned intake, injectors and a advanced/better calibrated ECM.
    Now it may be wishful thinking but, I think it Feels more powerful, it surges better, takes off better/faster... it just feels different... like, "VX with better engine here, don't ef with me"... It just seems to have even more attitude... as if a VX needed more attitude... LOL!

2002-2004 Isuzu Axiom
    Powertrain Options and Availability
    In 2002-03, Isuzu's 3.5-liter, dual-overhead-cam V-6 engine made 230 horsepower and teamed with a four-speed automatic transmission. For 2004, Isuzu introduced a direct-injection gasoline engine rated at 250 horsepower. Axioms may have rear-drive or four-wheel drive.
    Last edited by iamironman : 03/04/2009 at 07:34 PM