Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: DONE!! '02 AXIOM engine switch works!!

Ok guys I'm doing the 02 Axiom Engine swap. Do I need to purchace anything besides the used engine, maybe a wiring harness or anything else?
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

Quote Originally Posted by iamironman View Post
    Ok, now, the KEY here though on the '02 Axiom... it HAS to be an Axiom with the 8th digit in the VIN is an 'X'... AND manufactured BEFORE MAY of '02... after May it was a different tranny so it won't match up... it still may have the 8th digit 'X' but after May it was a different transmission... aisin I think... what is the tranny on the VX... I forgot, and too lazy to look it up...
    No '03 Axiom will fit the VX, BTW
    Quote Originally Posted by iamironman View Post
    I'd say I'm getting only 215HP, because I am using the Axiom long block and the VX intake, injectors etc... and ECM... The reason the '02 Axiom had 230HP was the advanced/redesigned intake, injectors and a advanced/better calibrated ECM.
    Now it may be wishful thinking but, I think it Feels more powerful, it surges better, takes off better/faster... it just feels different... like, "VX with better engine here, don't ef with me"... It just seems to have even more attitude... as if a VX needed more attitude... LOL!

2002-2004 Isuzu Axiom
    Powertrain Options and Availability
    In 2002-03, Isuzu's 3.5-liter, dual-overhead-cam V-6 engine made 230 horsepower and teamed with a four-speed automatic transmission. For 2004, Isuzu introduced a direct-injection gasoline engine rated at 250 horsepower. Axioms may have rear-drive or four-wheel drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantan View Post
    Ok guys I'm doing the 02 Axiom Engine swap. Do I need to purchace anything besides the used engine, maybe a wiring harness or anything else?
    Great!!
    Use the Axiom block and heads, the VX wiring harness and intake and injectors and you'll be Golden. Everything else is the same... even maintenance later... Oh, and if you buy the Axiom engine and it has the intake on it... you can take the FPR and the EGR off and use them on the VX intake... they fit and would be newer than what you have on the VX.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Good Luck!!
    We sit together, my VX and I, until only the VX remains.
    --Iamironman

Thanks, brother from another Mother.
    I'll keep ya posted.

I got a rod knock I'm pretty sure i do. going to bring the car to mechanic tomorrow to confirm. I found trooper's engine for $1,700 and labor was quoted as $1,000. plus something else that comes up at such works - i'm looking at $3,000. most likely i will not be able to afford such an expense. even the engine itself... but if i'll come up with money for the engine, isnt it pretty straight-forward procedure? i do realize it is time-consuming, requires special tooling, engine lift, etc, but what are the hardstops i can face while replacing the engine? i shall highly appreciate any inputs. and im very interested in axiom engine in particular. i'm trying to brainstorm the procedure and seeing that beside the engine i shall need numerous gaskets, something tells me i shall be needing new bolts, if im going to deal with the VX intake on the top of axiom engine...

is there anybody insterested in 1999 Ebony with 111k miles on a body? nice 17" rims with yoko geo is the only mod. that is my worst case scenario, and i have a week to make a decision