Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DONE!! '02 AXIOM engine switch works!!

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    I’m still very impressed.

How'd you know I think Picard is the best Star Trek Captain!! Kirk is still great, Picard is just................ *Better*
    We sit together, my VX and I, until only the VX remains.
    --Iamironman

Whatever, you can't mess with the original intergalactic ladies man.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Whatever, you can't mess with the original intergalactic ladies man.

Ewwww... he kissed green women with too much mascara....

Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    First correct me if I am wrong but isnt an 2002 Axiom not direct injection to begin with? I thought it was just 2004 Axiom and Rodeo. Or at least those are the only Axiom's I have ever considered buying becuase of this.

Two:
    Penny stocks are risky. But I am looking into this one.

Nice job on the swap...gives us another option besides Trooper's! If the '02 Axiom you got the donor from has "drive by wire" throttle control...I'm guessing that's probably the killer on why the ECM didn't work.

Yes, only the '04 Axiom has D.I. Didn't know about the Rodeo though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

There we go I knew only the 2004 had it. Yes the 2004 Rodeo has the same set up. Before my wife bought her Explorer I was trying to locate one of these and tempt her into getting it.

The 2002 engine did not have the DI to begin with, so you did not lose it if you did not have it anyways.
    Last edited by JHarris1385 : 03/06/2009 at 07:07 AM

what is all this oil consumption business i read about, and when does it usually start happening? mine stays perfectly level between oil changes, you're all making me very nervous haha. good job on the swap. i've seen a similar coffee table made using a ford probe engine...pretty cool for a garage, or shop. wouldnt put it in my living room

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by justatwinturbo View Post
    what is all this oil consumption business i read about, and when does it usually start happening? mine stays perfectly level between oil changes, you're all making me very nervous haha. good job on the swap. i've seen a similar coffee table made using a ford probe engine...pretty cool for a garage, or shop. wouldnt put it in my living room
    you just need to keep an eye on it...if your oil level drops too much then your motor will blow...

some of the VX's consume oil very badly, and these ones have to watch their oil very closely otherwise they will have a blown motor...
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    There we go I knew only the 2004 had it. Yes the 2004 Rodeo has the same set up. Before my wife bought her Explorer I was trying to locate of of these and tempt her into getting it.

The 2002 engine did not have the DI to begin with, so you did not lose it if you did not have it anyways.

Ok, now, the KEY here though on the '02 Axiom... it HAS to be an Axiom with the 8th digit in the VIN is an 'X'... AND manufactured BEFORE MAY of '02... after May it was a different tranny so it won't match up... it still may have the 8th digit 'X' but after May it was a different transmission... aisin I think... what is the tranny on the VX... I forgot, and too lazy to look it up...
    No '03 Axiom will fit the VX, BTW

There we go. Now thats good info.

The 2004 is alot differ. than our VX set up.

Quote Originally Posted by justatwinturbo View Post
    I would like to ask you, are you using regular motor oil or synthetic?

My VX has been a voracious oil burner since I bought her with 25k. However, I switched to synthetic right away, and there is a part of me that still wonders if synthetic oil is the reason why VX engines start burning oil, but this is just speculative on my part due to not knowing the stats....

Bart

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post

My VX has been a voracious oil burner since I bought her with 25k. However, I switched to synthetic right away, and there is a part of me that still wonders if synthetic oil is the reason why VX engines start burning oil, but this is just speculative on my part due to not knowing the stats....

Bart
    I'd say no...I bought my VX new (only owner) and she's been on synthetic (Mobil 1) since I did the first oil change @ 3,000 miles. Now have 86,400 miles, and everytime its due for oil change...dipstick only shows a deficit of like 1/4th of the total length between full & add (or less).

I refer to that amount as 1/4 quart as I believe you're down 1 quart if you are @ the add line.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post

Bart
    since i bought it at 14k, i've only used royal purple...every thing except the rear diff has royal purple in it.

Oil Change Observation

Since I don't drive MY VX much th the due date comes before the amount of miles driven on the "Oil change sticker" reminder thingee. I noticed when my VX was Garaged parked I did not need to change or add Oil as much as most recently its been parked outdoors.

Does the Weather elements have something to do with oil burn?
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

It all started here.

Capt. Pike.