Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: colorado meet?? try again??

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    ya, greeley is about 20 miles south of wyoming right next to fort collins

crager34 is coming from moab so he has the farthest...about 5 hours if i estimate correctly...

moncha has probably 3 hours if i estimate right...

but, all in all it sounds like everyone is up for some 'dork vx chat' and lunch type of thing...

now we just have to figure out where to eat,

my vote is silverthorne, frisco area (breck, keystone)
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

I'd be willing to head all the way into Denver if that is what everyone wants to do. I guess we'll wait to hear from Moncha and crager34 to see what they would rather do. If we are going to meet along the I-70 corridor I would definitely put my vote in for Frisco/Breck because they're just prettier places than Silverthorne.

Hope everyone can make it.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

We're pretty sure the 15th will work and I don;t care how far we have to go. Just name it and we'll be there. You guys know the area best.
    Scott / moncha.com

great!

well, my girlfriend is flying out of DIA sometime in the morning on the 15th, so i will let you guys know by tonight what time i can make it to frisco/breck...(my guess is around 12-1pm, as long as her flight is in the morning which i believe it is)

LET'S DO THIS!!

Jack, let us know when you can make it, but it seems like Breck might be the best meeting place for us. I don't know Breck that well, but it's a small town and I have VXdar (I just seem to FEEL them when they're around) so it shouldn't be too tough to find each other. I can do some research on a restaurant to meet at, unless someone has better knowledge of Breck.

Well, if Scott and Laura are coming that means I'm going to have to spend all of Saturday cleaning Vicki so she doesn't look shabby next to Moncha.

Are there any other Denver area VXers that we can get a hold of? I would bug biju, but I doubt that he would come because it might kick off his habit again.

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    LET'S DO THIS!!

Jack, let us know when you can make it, but it seems like Breck might be the best meeting place for us. I don't know Breck that well, but it's a small town and I have VXdar (I just seem to FEEL them when they're around) so it shouldn't be too tough to find each other. I can do some research on a restaurant to meet at, unless someone has better knowledge of Breck.

Well, if Scott and Laura are coming that means I'm going to have to spend all of Saturday cleaning Vicki so she doesn't look shabby next to Moncha.

Are there any other Denver area VXers that we can get a hold of? I would bug biju, but I doubt that he would come because it might kick off his habit again.
    if it brought bij back lets do it!!!

anyhow, i dont know breck all that well but i have a good friend that grew up in breck and might be able to give us some good suggestions...

so, i might have bad news, i requested a bunch of time off work like almost a month ago for this weekend (to meet up with you guys and have a couple of days of actual break), and for the week because im taking a class from 9-6 for 6 days straight (during spring break)...and they accidentally scheduled me for saturday and sunday, so i raised hell with my manager saying that i had my request in before anyone else and he always says its first come first serve...

so he's looking at some stuff to maybe close the install bay for sunday so i can get all my stuff done (drive the girlfriend to the airport and meet up with my VX fam)

but no guarantee's yet...im gonna be really pissed if they give time off to the other installer when i requested it first...ill let you guys know by tonight..

My current plan is to head up maybe Friday night, ski Saturday, stay, then meet on Sunday, then head back to Moab. Or.... I might just make an early trip on Saturday morning and ski... then stay.

I haven't been to Summit County in a long time, so I am un-familiar with places to eat. I hear Taco Bell in Frisco is decent.
    Last edited by crager34 : 03/10/2009 at 05:10 PM

im doin some research on places to eat right now

ok, found a few places for us to go in breck..

one is called rasta pasta and they do pasta and burrito's (reasonably priced but good food)

and one is like pizza tony's or something (my girlfriend's sorority sister suggested it)...says that its reasonable and good...

ill find locations of both, and let me know which one sounds better...

oh and good news, im definately gonna be there, my boss gave me sunday off...

oh, and my girlfriend has to be at the airport super early so im gonna be riding during the day (while we arent chowing, mainly before we meet up...so anyone is welcome to join me at copper), i figure we will be kickin it for quite a while so im figuring no time to ride after but thats fine, i ride 2 days a week anyhow...i have to be at DIA at 5am anyhow so i figured i would head up and ride for like 2 or 3 hours...

just throwin it out there

Quote Originally Posted by crager34 View Post
    My current plan is to head up maybe Friday night, ski Saturday, stay, then meet on Sunday, then head back to Moab. Or.... I might just make an early trip on Saturday morning and ski... then stay.

I haven't been to Summit County in a long time, so I am un-familiar with places to eat. I hear Taco Bell in Frisco is decent.
    wow, we're getting boss man and darrin huh?? sounds like its gonna be fun!

I'd be up for pizza or burrito's. Really doesn't matter to me, and since Breck really isn't that big I would guess that they aren't that far apart. Pizza is kind of a neutral food (everyone tends to like it) so let's go with that unless someone strongly objects.

Are we shooting for a noon meeting in Breck on Sunday? Little meet and greet, little chit-chat, little inspecting eachothers rides.....can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    I'd be up for pizza or burrito's.
    Are we shooting for a noon meeting in Breck on Sunday? Little meet and greet, little chit-chat, little inspecting eachothers rides.....can't wait.
    I'm with you on the pizza. If you haven't been to a Rasta Pasta (there's one in Fort Collins, too), it is really interesting food. I'm not saying it was bad, and most people really enjoy it. It just wasn't what I was expecting, I guess.

Anyway, sounds like noonish at pizza in Breck on Sunday is the plan, huh?

sounds like thats it...

the pizza place is Eric's pizza...

my girlfriend said ask any locals up there and they will point you to eric's pizza...

im gonna look for a town map however...

ill see what i can find..

Looks like Eric's (http://www.downstairsaterics.com/) is right smack dab in the middle of town (http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Br...S.+Main+Street) so it shouldn't be too hard to find. We'll need to find a parking lot somewhere, though, to line all the VX's up because since Eric's is downstairs I have a feeling that it doesn't have one of it's own.

Woohoo....see everyone at noon on Sunday.

alright guys...

erics pizza is at 111 S. Main St. Breckenridge, Co.

there is a parking lot just around the corner...

from eric's pizza..drive north to Ski Hill Rd....turn left/west....about half a block on the left there is a large parking lot...wanna meet there at noon??

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ta...nridge%2C%20co.