Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: colorado meet?? try again??

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5

colorado meet?? try again??

hey, just wanted to see if anyone was interested in meeting up for some lunch and maybe a cruise???

maybe the 14th,15th,21st, or 22nd???

i set the date for the 15th for now on the thread, but it could be changed...

shouldnt be any weather issues this time...

now we just have to worry about short notice.

I'm up for it Jack. I haven't double checked my calendar, but any of those dates should be just fine for me.

It'll be good to see some old faces and meet some new ones so let's get it together Colorado VXers.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

ok, we will plan the 15th for now...

any votes on just dinner or to go do a quick trail?? maybe a scenic drive through the mountains??

hows everyone feeling??
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

To save a little bit of money, it would need to be a day time thing for me so I could drive down to Denver in the morning and back home that evening. If we can do lunch and a quick trail/drive I would be down for that.

How about meeting somewhere it bit West of Denver, like Silverthorn or Breck??

I can meet anywhere along the I-70 corridor. Frisco/Breck would definitely be closer for me, but I'm not sure if the Denverites would want to leave town.

Jack, should we roll a little skiing/boarding into this and meet at one of the front range mountains?

I'm intending to get to Leadville this weekend for Ski Joring.

As for next weekend? I wouldn't want to go past Leadville, but I would consider something along the I-70 corridor. I don't know many places, though. There are a couple of places in Idaho Springs, but I'm not allowed to spend any money there. (Long story. )

There's a restaurant or two in the parking lot near the City Market on the hill outside Dillon, but I can't remember what they are. They might be good for parking and access, if someone can help me refresh my memory.

i would love to do a skiing day....or lunch

i have a season pass for copper and winter park..and could probably get a hold of a few more if you guys want to ride with your face a little covered up that way everyone could ride for free....

or something like beau-jo's would be good (really good pizza joint in idaho springs)

darrin you thinking about joining us?? that would be great to have you...its a little bit of a drive for you...probably what? like 4 hours for you??

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    i would love to do a skiing day....or lunch

darrin you thinking about joining us?? that would be great to have you...its a little bit of a drive for you...probably what? like 4 hours for you??
    I would love to join you which is why I brought up having you guys on the Front Range drive an hour or two. Spring skiing at A Basin would be nice. If not, I still might consider heading to Denver that weekend. Heck... I was just there for a week and a half.

ok, also, some other ideas if everyone wants to ski...
    i picked up some BOGO free tickets at wendy's today, to copper and winter park, so the lift tickets would be about $45 a piece...

or, we could buy a fourpass (if they still have those, basically its four lift tickets for around $150, so that would break down to $40 a piece)

great, im excited to meet up with some other colorado VX'ers

If everyone else is up for it I could go for some front range boarding (never done it before), but I totally understand if everyone wants to save money and just do lunch. Besides, skiing would be fun, but there really wouldn't be any VX's involved (aside from the drive to the mountain). I suppose we could do a little mini meet and greet/ checking out each others rides before or after skiing/ boarding.

What's the consensus? Lunch meet (get...lunch meet ) or ski/board meet?

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    If everyone else is up for it I could go for some front range boarding (never done it before), but I totally understand if everyone wants to save money and just do lunch. Besides, skiing would be fun, but there really wouldn't be any VX's involved (aside from the drive to the mountain). I suppose we could do a little mini meet and greet/ checking out each others rides before or after skiing/ boarding.

What's the consensus? Lunch meet (get...lunch meet ) or ski/board meet?
    agreed, that we may get more time to 'chit-chat' and 'dork around' talking about VX's...

my vote would be a place like beau-jo's...or maybe like breckenridge brewery? (they serve food i believe, and it would be closer to darrin) i get TONS of snowboarding in anyhow...

darrin- are you planning on making it a day trip?? or do you have family or friends over here that you would stay with for the weekend?

Jack,
    I tend to agree. I get enough snowboarding in, and the snow is absolute crud right now anyway (at least in the Aspen valley), so I'm leaning more towards a lunch thing so we can totally geek out on VX talk.

Breck sounds good to me if the Denverites want to make it up there.

i have no problem with breck, the boss man would have quite of a drive from pueblo though... and mdwyer would have about 2.5 hours from black forest...

whats your guys' input? if location is gonna sway you guys at all let us know now...

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    i have no problem with breck, the boss man would have quite of a drive from pueblo though... and mdwyer would have about 2.5 hours from black forest...
    Other way around, actually. I'm just north of Denver. I might be the most central of all of us, which makes my preferences not count for much. MSHardeman and Moncha are the ones I'm most concerned about, since I think they're at the extremes. I can't remember where crager34 is located. I guess Greeley is pretty close to Nebraska, too, though. [Edit: Crager is in Utah! I take back everything I said about extremes!]

Damn, these western state are big!!

Anyway, I'm pro-lunch, anti-skiing (or at least, I haven't done it in years, and lack ALL the equipment.), and I like the I-70 corridor. Vail is about as far West as I think I'll go. If you wanted to go skiing, I would still try to make it out there, if only for the fun drive. Besides, the ski areas are pretty conveniently in the middle of the state...