Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need help to choose from 1 of this?

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Yea I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    Wow jo that one was tough though

...and I phrased it REALLY badly froom the get go.

Technical questions are one thing , I just feel that the "look" of a VX is very personal , and a matter of individual choice.

....and so it should be.

It should look how YOU want it to look!

Heck....many hate my cowcatcher !

But yer right...my bad for being so brusque.

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    Yea I agree...

...and I phrased it REALLY badly froom the get go.

Technical questions are one thing , I just feel that the "look" of a VX is very personal , and a matter of individual choice.

....and so it should be.

It should look how YOU want it to look!

Heck....many hate my cowcatcher !

But yer right...my bad for being so brusque.

jo
    Yeah but I understand what you meant.That's why i told costie have professional advice for the mod he's about to pull off,I mean no one here never,ever did this kind of mod on any VX.Personally I can't thing more on the VX's roof then a sunroof or fake antenna.Costie wants to "turn" the VX into a rally VX.however what intrigues me about costie's rally mods is the facts that the VX was born-made for all offroading purposes,including rally so mayor modifications aren't needed for the VX to performe flawlessly.The VX won the paris-dakar twice with no mods at all costie.
    However costie do what you got to do,if you really wants that mod go ahead.
    Dakar was just the begining.

Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

I would go #2 myself.

#1 just looks like it belongs on a hood, not a roof. IMO

Whoa, wait a minute....

If I am reading this right, you are looking at adding a roof vent? Ok, no biggie, but understand, you are looking at "hood scoops" there. You mount a giant STI scoop (picture 1) and I can almost guarantee that your aero will be !@#$ed beyond comprehension. You need to look at the Spec C type vent for the WRX/STI. Way more low profile and made to function (if installed properly).

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396639

I seriously wouldn't put a hood scoop on my roof, especially as an engine air intake. In rally, they are for interior cooling/circulation, not engine related.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    The roads in Costa Rica are such that aerodynamics don't really come into play - but 3 ft of water does...

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    Whoa, wait a minute....

If I am reading this right, you are looking at adding a roof vent? Ok, no biggie, but understand, you are looking at "hood scoops" there. You mount a giant STI scoop (picture 1) and I can almost guarantee that your aero will be !@#$ed beyond comprehension. You need to look at the Spec C type vent for the WRX/STI. Way more low profile and made to function (if installed properly).

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396639

I seriously wouldn't put a hood scoop on my roof, especially as an engine air intake. In rally, they are for interior cooling/circulation, not engine related.
    This is not only about the hood scoop itself,but modifying the roof;Costie will need to modify the front side of the roof to fit the scoop,which mean creating a sort of boxie looking mod,run air ducts from there to the left side of the roof,I don't know how he would fit air ducts within the roof & headliner (another required mod) + the VX's head clearance is limited that means less head room & less windshield sight & destryoing the headliner.I don't see that good at all.
    I may be wrong,probably costie might have another setup,but after looking at my own VX picturing that mod I don,t see the VX's excelent aerodinamics design any more