Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need help to choose from 1 of this?

Question Need help to choose from 1 of this?

Hey guys, well as most of you know i'm trying to make my VX a Rally VX as much as possible, but also i need to have it fit for a rough terrain in Costa Rica and floodings. So with that said. I will tell you guys what my new and soon project will be. Was gonna wait to finish first but i prefare see what you guys think and what advise you guys got, before i start the project. well I'm not going to full detal on this but just explain it pretty simple. Well i'm going to make a snorkle on my VX, but cuz we don't have a snorkle ready made for our rigs and the ones i have seen i'm not to fond of, i want to make it look really good but as usefull as a normal snorkle. So what i plan on doing is add a Roof Scoop from a WRX, but not sure what to use. So i'm going to cut a hole to fit a K&N filter perfect on the roof, place the bolt on Scoop, not glued or platered on Scoop on top of the K&N Filter. then run a water tight hose from the inside of the VX to the side of the passenger "A" piller, cut down into the dash and into the engine bay to the factory intake hose/ Mass flow sensor. So cuz of the cutting and time taking project and i'm going to buy the best looking and quality stuff to do this, the scoop will be painted white before it's done, but i need advise on what kind of things i should buy and how can i make the scoop useful also in the rain so it wont rain into the filter. This is something i would really like to do right and pull of, but if you guys know of any thing that can go wrong please let me know or if you guys have diffrent ideas on how it should be done, please tell me, thanx guys.

Here is the 2 scoops i like and size is good for a good air flow in the intake. whitch 1 do you guys think i should get or is there something better out there.

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Coastie...I luv ya man.

BUT...stop with the "what would you do-- what should I do"...

...and DO what trips YOUR trigger.

DUDE...its your ride...not ours.

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wow........ ok, sorry, this is just the only site and only peeps i talk to about my VX and i try to stay active and in volve with you all, as much as i can, cuz i probaly will never meet you guys, so this is my way of staying in touch with the VX Community. Well just wanted advise on how to do it and your thoughts count for me. Well I'll stop then, sorry.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    OK...now I feel like a D*cK!

Just trying to say that...

...we have VX's cause we like sum'thang a little different.

And different is all about personal choice.....

Sorry if I sounded a tad rambunctious.

Its the RUM!......

jo

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CoastieCosta567 View Post
    wow........ ok, sorry, this is just the only site and only peeps i talk to about my VX and i try to stay active and in volve with you all, as much as i can, cuz i probaly will never meet you guys, so this is my way of staying in touch with the VX Community. Well just wanted advise on how to do it and your thoughts count for me. Well I'll stop then, sorry.

Lighten up Coastie...Bro Jo isn't hammerin' ya THAT hard...
    Think of us old guys as big brothers...only MORE so...
    I'm still not sure how you plan on plumbing this contraption into the roof, but good luck.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Also, if it's facing forward, & it's raining HARD, you're gonna be sucking water into the intake...BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Also, if it's facing forward, & it's raining HARD, you're gonna be sucking water into the intake...BAD!

But if it is facing backward and raining hard, it will drain into it... Right? I'm am just guessing though... Hmmm... I will have to research this now...
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    my personal opinion is...if your going to go crazy enough to make a roof scoop...go ahead and use the big one!!! i like the WRX style one on top...

gonna be the craziest looking VX around!!!

be careful with moisture inside the cab, mold can be a bad thing for your personal respiration!
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

I think i prefer No. 2 !
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

prefer #2 too, and i think you should paint it black so that it matches the hood
    ----------------------
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

I like number one.

And I do have to say, wow, I am looking forward to seeing this done.
    I would like to see more details of where and how the hose will run back to the engine bay from the roof.

Rally VX

Quote Originally Posted by CoastieCosta567 View Post
    Pura vida costie.
    Costie I don't think is a good idea about the impreza scoop,however don't you like the 4runner sport scoop ? I think is the best & better looking scoop out there for the VX.You can find one on ebay for $ 50 with shipping included.Again costie,a scoop over the roof will deffinetly kill the VX's aerodinamic design,plus the A pillars are bit narrow to run air ducts thru though.However I strongly believe that this project shall be handle by professionals for better advice my friend since none of us ever did that sort of mod,but persnally I wouldn't encourage you to do that
    Last edited by Gussie2000 : 03/12/2009 at 08:43 AM
    Dakar was just the begining.

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    Coastie...I luv ya man.

BUT...stop with the "what would you do-- what should I do"...

...and DO what trips YOUR trigger.

DUDE...its your ride...not ours.

jo
    Wow jo that one was tough though

I'd go with #1, looks more aggressive.

Bart

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    I say don't try to run the snorkle inside - keep it outside. The size of the snorkle tube you would need to keep the engine from asphyxiating is going to be bigger around than the A-pillar is! Add a bunch of turns and twists in there to get it in, under and through the dashboard into the engine bay and you will probably be starving that engine for air no matter how big you can get the piping.