Thread: Rear axle trooper compatability

Rear axle trooper compatability

Hello everyone, I was troubleshooting why my e-brake wasnt working on my right side. I pulled off the rotor and noticed rear end fluid leaking out from the axle seal.

I happen to have a 99 trooper axle (with a new seal and bearing installed) availible.
    Would ya'll happen to know if the axle length and splines are the same as the VX?

Thanks a bunch for any responses!!!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman99 View Post
    Hello everyone, I was troubleshooting why my e-brake wasnt working on my right side. I pulled off the rotor and noticed rear end fluid leaking out from the axle seal.

I happen to have a 99 trooper axle (with a new seal and bearing installed) availible.
    Would ya'll happen to know if the axle length and splines are the same as the VX?

Thanks a bunch for any responses!!!
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ight=Rear+axle

It's showing the rear axles on a '98+ Trooper as different part numbers than a VX, and they all have different part numbers for the left and right. We share the same # with a '92-'97 Trooper. It may still be compatible. Who knows why they change part numbers? It could be something that you couldn't find the difference if you had them side by side. But they are different part numbers.

I can't tell exactly what part the splined end of the axle meshes with to see if that part is the same. If someone could pinpoint that part, we could check to see if it's the same part number.

Edit- Take a look at the 12 bolt rear info on this page. Your '99 Trooper axle may not work on a VX.
    http://www.zu4x.com/modules....

Mark
    Last edited by deermagnet : 03/15/2009 at 04:51 PM

Deermagnet; Thanks for that link. I have a damaged axle tube and was just starting a search to find a complete rear axle assembly and that info is very helpful.

Everyone here should be using http://www.myisuzuparts.com. Once you find the part # for a VX, go back to the home page and do a part # search. That'll show all the other Zu's that share that same part #.

Mark

Thanks Mark, that is a great site. The down side is it indicates the rear axle housing on the VX was unique to the VX. I'm still on the hunt.
    Last edited by Travelin2 : 03/13/2009 at 08:32 PM

Thanks for the info guys, glad to have those links now.
    I ended up pulling out my rear axle and just comparing it side by side with the 99 trooper axle; only to find that they were different.
    I guess I will just need to send the thing to a machine shop for them to fix it, oh well...