Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Wheels, Tyres + Lift

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    CROTCHROCKET--- Well done. Looks nice. I'm glad everything finally worked out for you in the end.

I really like your concept of how to wash your concept. The guy gets it dirty, and the girl has to clean it. Interesting theory, but might not always work here in the USA. Ever since we gave USA women the right to smoke and vote, we kinda' lost our persuasive edge.

Peanut Butter-Kid (PBKID)--- Yes, those are cool looking attachment bars for the off-road lights, especially since they were a factory OEM opton for the JDM version. Too bad they weren't available on the USA model. Here in the USA, I guess we just have to settle for ToneMonday's front Safari Bar bumper if we want some sort of off-road light attachment point.
    Got to agree with you on this one
    Dakar was just the begining.

My wife is laughing at me now..
    I showed her the before and after pics of your VX..
    and I added a little girly voice to the before."hi im a fast fun vehicross!!!"
    then did a Sargent.Rock voice to the after."IM A MEAN VX AND I EAT EVERYTING..ARRRRRRRR..GRRRRRRRR"
    shes still laughing ..
    GOOD JOB ON THE MEATS..looks good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    CROTCHROCKET--- Well done. Looks nice. I'm glad everything finally worked out for you in the end.

I really like your concept of how to wash your concept. The guy gets it dirty, and the girl has to clean it. Interesting theory, but might not always work here in the USA. Ever since we gave USA women the right to smoke and vote, we kinda' lost our persuasive edge.

Peanut Butter-Kid (PBKID)--- Yes, those are cool looking attachment bars for the off-road lights, especially since they were a factory OEM opton for the JDM version. Too bad they weren't available on the USA model. Here in the USA, I guess we just have to settle for ToneMonday's front Safari Bar bumper if we want some sort of off-road light attachment point.
    yes on the pursuasive thing!

and im hoping that i will get my rock bumper made either this summer or next winter...i guess im just gonna have to wait till then to have somewhere to put lights like that..

i've had 3 REALLY close calls this winter (like almost totalled my VX 3 times now), and its starting to freak me out...definately need to get new shocks and new brakes (luckily i stay back really far so i have had time to stop/dodge anything in front of me)

actually i had one the other day on the way home from the colorado vx meet..
    driving up over a rural mountain pass, follow a camry or something like that, with a family in it...and he decides that because he misses his turn he is going to COMPLETELY stop in the middle of the road, instead of pulling off or waiting for a turn-around...

ya, slammed the brakes and wasnt gonna stop fast enough so i ended up having to drive through the median, over a curb to avoid him...

anyhow, i wished i had my rock bumper because i would have just decided it was too bad for his little camry instead of risking my alignment, suspension, and steering..
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Looking good with the lift and new wheels and tires. How does it handle on road now?

Thanks Mate !!!!!! And thank you for ALL your help !!! It was alot of research but i think it looks great !

My wife is laughing at me now..
    I showed her the before and after pics of your VX..
    and I added a little girly voice to the before."hi im a fast fun vehicross!!!"
    then did a Sargent.Rock voice to the after."IM A MEAN VX AND I EAT EVERYTING..ARRRRRRRR..GRRRRRRRR"
    shes still laughing ..
    GOOD JOB ON THE MEATS..looks good
    LOL !! Thats what i was thinking too !! people move out of my way now

Looking good with the lift and new wheels and tires. How does it handle on road now?
    Its not too bad! there is a difference, the handling is not as direct as before, its a little more vague and the front end is a fair bit softer. The rear springs don't make much difference but you can feel the hole car 'wobble' from side to side at low speed over bumps etc from the tall tires and suspension, but i like it! The tires produce a fair bit of noise but it doesn't bother me, so all in all i still drive it at 70 - 80mph on the motorway and it handles fine on the twisty roads.

Off road........it has become a beast. I can't tell you how much more capable the car is, everyone was really impressed with it on the weekend, i got out o a bomb crater when a landrover defender and suzuki SJ failed !! I am really impressed with this car ! (truck now guess!)

Also..Thank you everyone helping through PM's and threads to give me advise, Riff Raff, nfpgasmask, Ldub etc tec thanks guys !!
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

Do you think my springs have settled quite alot ??

Rear appears lower to me than it was a year ago??

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by crotchrocket View Post
    everyone was really impressed with it on the weekend, i got out o a bomb crater when a landrover defender and suzuki SJ failed !! I am really impressed with this car ! (truck now guess!)
    I dunno...maybe a little... (in reference to spring sagage)
    Maybe get a set of 1" spacers from Indy4X.

I think you should remember the above quote, next time you get the V-8 weed up your bum...

So what kind and how much of a lift on it? And why is it that I always dig those JDM mirrors? Are they adjustable so that you could use them on the opposite side of the vehicle, like if it was LHD rather than RHD? Maybe it's just because it makes a strange vehicle stranger...

Quote Originally Posted by RallyDude View Post
    So what kind and how much of a lift on it? And why is it that I always dig those JDM mirrors? Are they adjustable so that you could use them on the opposite side of the vehicle, like if it was LHD rather than RHD? Maybe it's just because it makes a strange vehicle stranger...
    PM JDM_Monkey. I think he's out of stock now but I believe he has a source overseas.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by RallyDude View Post
    I have one on my VX. Not adjustable and no real use for RHD vehicles, but it certainly looks good IMO. Starts lots of conversations.

Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up