Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to your VX this week?

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    So your bum is happy now? Love those Recaros!
    You should see it Sue.

It has a smile from cheek to cheek.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

I'll bet!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Started the process of replacing all the carpet with the diamond plate style rubber/plastic flooring material. It's made for gym floors, but works great for me. At about 1/16" thick I think it's just the right size to be easily manipulated into corners and easy enough to cut. So far I'm happy.

On to the pics.

Starting with a VERY dirty interior!

I began removing all the seats, seatbelts, and strap hooks. Only a few pieces of plastic trim actually had to be removed, the rest just pulls a little out of the way for everything to move around it.

and finally all interior plastic/carpet/seats/hardware out of the way!

I layed the 3 pieces of carpeting out on top of the roll of material and cut around them one at a time, leaving a few inches on each side to remove once I get it in the truck just incase I need it there.

My wife even donned her beanie and braved these frigid Florida winter nights to help with trimming the pieces.

I used a 3M adhesive spray bought from Home Depot for about $10. It works great.

For the rear cargo area I peeled the factory insulation pad from the back of the carpet and laid it back into place to help fill those ridges in some, to keep the doggies feet from hurtin'!
    Once the insulation was back down, I trial fitted the first cut piece and trimmed a little where needed. The first cut fit suprisingly well, I think. I'm kind of proud of myself so far!

I was a little worried about this corner, thinking I cut too much, but turns out it's in there juuuust right.

And here's a full view from the back door.

Ran out of time tonight. I'll have to finish it tomorrow afternoon, gotta do a little time at work in the morning, plus the corners for the middle section are being a major pain in the butt, so I think the warmer weather will help the rubber be more pliable and maybe easier to work with.

Will update tomorrow night if possible.

Oh, and complete removal of the inerior, seats, carpet, trim, center dash, and any misc bolts took only about half an hour. The first piece took about an hour to cut, trial fit, glue and then find all the bolt holes for the tabs and seatbelts.

I think a solid 4 or 5 hours dedicated to this tomorrow and it will be finished completely.

Looks great Bob! Can't wait to see the finished product with everything back together.

Uh oh, I see a new project for me in the future....

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Uh oh, I see a new project for me in the future....
    We can hardly wait for the hourly updates...

I ended up taking the trim pieces that cover the back speakers completely out to get the matrial all the way in there. Then bought some shiney sheet metal screws and used them sparingly to hold down the mat in different places, the rest was glued down.

I also kept the floor mats that were in there under the rubber mat where people's feets go, front and rear seets, to provide cushion and a little sound deadning since the carpet and insulation was removed. I'm VERY happy with the outcome, I'm not sure if the pictures do it justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Barker View Post

I ended up taking the trim pieces that cover the back speakers completely out to get the matrial all the way in there. Then bought some shiney sheet metal screws and used them sparingly to hold down the mat in different places, the rest was glued down.

I also kept the floor mats that were in there under the rubber mat where people's feets go, front and rear seets, to provide cushion and a little sound deadning since the carpet and insulation was removed. I'm VERY happy with the outcome, I'm not sure if the pictures do it justice.
    Looks awesome. I would take the center console out and put those pieces over the side pieces, so nothing can fall in there.

What pieces over what side pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Barker View Post
    Where the shot from above the center console, the rubber that is under the console should go over the rubber that goes under the seats, kind of like shingles. The highest piece should lap over the top of the lowest piece. Does that make sense? That way if anything falls, it doesn't fall under the rubber, but rather on top of the next layer. I believe it is photo number 129.

Ooops, 29

I see what your saying now. Good idea. It's not too much work to pull the center console pieces out and do that. Wish I had thought of that while everything was out of the truck.

Thats why we post things, to get more than one point of view (even if we don't listen to it most of the time...

Replacing head gaskets......started on Friday night.
    Not a fun project.
    Mbeach once said "never do a job yourself that makes
    You hate your vehicle"
    Well, I think I hate the engineers more than the truck.