Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to your VX this week?

Quote Originally Posted by RickOKC View Post
    Yep.... right off the bat! Didn't know they made 'em in that color!

So what prompted the seat replacement & surgery?
    Shew,I was thinking she couldn't be talkin about the ziptie, and thought perhaps I had fallen behind on our under seat anatomy. Didn't want to be the one with pie in his eye for asking about it....

Like they say, "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people."

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Shew,I was thinking she couldn't be talkin about the ziptie, and thought perhaps I had fallen behind on our under seat anatomy. Didn't want to be the one with pie in his eye for asking about it....

Guess it's possible that Isuzu had OEM purple zip ties on hand.......

And thanks everybody here for giving me info and encouragement to take on this stuff!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Nice work Sue...we will make a mechanic out of you yet. I have used the Zymol polish back when I cleaned up and entered my VX in a car show (yes, it has been clean and all perdee'd up)....great products and they have a huge following in the car show guys.

Marlin...doesn't surprise me that super glue was harmless. It was developed for the medical field as a replacement for stitches.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

VT, sounds good, BTW my VIN is 0562.
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    YOU
    well, you .....and me seeing numerous pics recently where the leather was looking so good.......and they just happened to be there on ebay.....and....and ...and...well, I just couldn't resist!
    Awwww! I'm glad I could "help"(?!?!?!) It's just too bad you didn't follow my lead and get the right color - MARTIAN RED (yeah, like that wouldn't look awful with Foxfire)! Seriously, though, it sounded like you had to Frankenstein together your old and new seats. Is that right - if so, for what reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post

Around here they say, "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people".... and then glance in my direction. They try not to, but it happens.

Awwww! I'm glad I could "help"(?!?!?!) It's just too bad you didn't follow my lead and get the right color - MARTIAN RED (yeah, like that wouldn't look awful with Foxfire)! Seriously, though, it sounded like you had to Frankenstein together your old and new seats. Is that right - if so, for what reason?
    It wasn't really Frankensteining them, just had to re-use the metal base & tracks from the old, pop 'em on the new.

I say "pop 'em on the new" like that was an easy thing...after all, it's ONLY 4 bolts, but some rocket scientist placed 2 of the 4 inside the black metal spacer box/base...and they have a little peep hole cut out so you've got to TRY to get your socket extension down 3" or so, get the bolt to hit the hole, and then catch the threads....at an angle....all in total darkeness as the black metal base has very limited openings for light

The passenger side rear inner bolt hole was more offset from the "peephole", making it at an angle more so than the other side....(due to being handmade perhaps?) making it extremely frustrating trying to get the bolt threads to catch....I had earthquake putty holding the bolt in my socket, (after retrieving the bolt twice with tweezers...) taped my socket extensions together and it was still over an hour before I got it.....,....hey I said I was slow....

Oh wow... what was wrong with the bases? You're talking about the bottom slider rails, right? Did something seize up or become hard to move back 'n forth?

"Congrats & good job" to you, by the way - especially considering the heat!

Oh wow... what was wrong with the bases? You're talking about the bottom slider rails, right? Did something seize up or become hard to move back 'n forth?

"Congrats & good job" to you, by the way - especially considering the heat!

No problem with them, just that new seats didn't come with that part.
    So I had to take the bottom slider rails and base from MY seats and put them on the new. Have you put your new ones in yet? Did yours come with the metal base and slider rails?

My new ones came just like this:

Ah ha - I finally understand! Yep, my replacement seats came with everything. If it wasn't for needing to spend a lot of time cleaning the "new" seats and fitting the extended sliders on the passenger side, the entire process would have been simply "Remove old / install new - 4 bolts each seat."

Ah ha - I finally understand!
    And we thought Sue was slow!

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    I...all in total darkeness as the black metal base has very limited openings for light
    Sue do you have an LED head-mounted light, or safety goggles with LEDs on them? I picked up a pair of goggles about a year ago, takes watch batteries but they last forever. Amazing how much easier it is to work with them on.

Just a tip in case you don't have a set.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Sue do you have an LED head-mounted light, or safety goggles with LEDs on them? I picked up a pair of goggles about a year ago, takes watch batteries but they last forever. Amazing how much easier it is to work with them on.

Just a tip in case you don't have a set.
    Thanks. I have an LED headlamp and that may have helped a little. The access hole is pretty small, but I might have been able to get a little light in from the headlamp (without gluing it to my nose )....but it was 96+ degrees and I sure didn't think of putting the headlight headband on.

I found this one pic that shows a little of the access hole in the metal base/slider/rails. I tweaked the contrast etc to make it more visible.
    See the bronze colored bolt head? That's the one I had to remove to push the rails upward a little on this one end to gain FULL access to the access hole. I used a rubber mallet to tap it upward a bit.

You can see the access hole about 2-3" to the left of the bronze bolt, then down about 1".
    It's immediately above the white towel, it's a black half moon shape.
    The bolt itself that mounts this base to the seat is about 3" behind the access hole. Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    And we thought Sue was slow!
    What? Now you've lost me again.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    ...safety goggles with LEDs on them? I picked up a pair of goggles about a year ago...
    & they're just plain SEXY!!!!

Maybe we'll just start calling you Sheldon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    & they're just plain SEXY!!!!

Maybe we'll just start calling you Sheldon.
    Somehow I think the dog and spiders don't notice.