Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to your VX this week?

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    So I went from this:

To this:

Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Since I just got new tires I had to get it in to my top notch 'Zu trained mechanic for my eighth front end alignment. I was also overdue for my fifth front wheel bearing repack and I figured they may as well replace the fuel pressure regulator for the first time. I mentioned some intermittent noise from the front diffy area also.

They called and said as he was doing the bearing repack, he found things were way too loose and the right CV shaft was stripped and there was no way any power was getting to that wheel. The left side was okay. That sounds right 'cuz last time it snowed I had very poor grip with the TOD and I thought it was just my worn tires. He also noticed my tranny cooler lines had a pretty good leak. I forgot that the last time I was under there the lines were seeping and the rubber had turned rock hard. Good catch on that one.

The parts for everything was ~$500, but there was 14.8 hours of labor involved that cost ~$1000 for a total of $1686.

That's a lotta money, but this is really the first major repairs I've needed after over 9.5 years and 209K miles, so I can't complain. I know I'm gonna have repair bills like this once in a while for the next 10-15 years and I'm okay with that. Whatever it takes.

Mark Griffin (a VX lifer)
    Last edited by deermagnet : 12/21/2009 at 07:06 PM

2001, Silver, Vehicross, Supercharged, 0492, Sold 3/20/2012
    Another Damn gas leak. At least it is not squirting on the EGR, this time.
    This time it is a hose clamp on the fuel return line exiting the bottom of the driver side fuel rail. The hose has a split and has no room to cut a new end and re-clamp. The hose goes under the intake manifold, so off comes the blower and intake manifold.
    New intake gaskets again.
    Replacing the thermostat.
    Replacing any other hoses.
    Replacing the fuel pressure regulator.
    I did not think ahead about the need to pull one side of injectors. I am not clear on the exact conflict yet. The o-rings looked nicked and replacements will take 4 days.
    78k miles.
    If you get a whiff of gas, go looking around the back of the engine.
    Merry Christmas to all.
    Roy

i am waiting for my new carbon fiber hood i purchased on ebay

I bought myself a new stereo for Xmas this year at Best Buy for 159 bucks. I upgraded to a JVC KD-HDR50. While it isnt a top-of-the line deck, it still packs alot in it: It has an Aux Port for my Zune, a front USB port, HD Radio, CD player plays every format, text scrolling, tagging, and now I can use hard drives-pin drives to play music.

I also admit I like to be able to say my VX has a USB port in it-I am totally nerding out.
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by wekilled View Post
    I bought myself a new stereo for Xmas this year at Best Buy for 159 bucks. I upgraded to a JVC KD-HDR50. While it isnt a top-of-the line deck, it still packs alot in it: It has an Aux Port for my Zune, a front USB port, HD Radio, CD player plays every format, text scrolling, tagging, and now I can use hard drives-pin drives to play music.

I also admit I like to be able to say my VX has a USB port in it-I am totally nerding out.
    Ha !
    I bought a kenwood unit with all those same features at best buy couple of weeks ago for 144.

Was a easy snap to get since i had a an kenwood in there,just plug & play.
    The guy a the store was like : damn ! for time ever i deliver an customer that fast no wiring,no cutting,no last minute gremlins to deal with

Thank you !
    Dakar was just the begining.

VX emblems added

So I added the VX emblems to the front and rear of my VX. I like the symetry it brings to the back and the color it adds to the front grill area. The color matches the 4WD and the ehi (on the side VehiCROSS emblems). The team at planetsvx.com does a great job with these.

I made a template from a 4x6 index card to ensure that I had the spacing and placement that I wanted. I used a 5.5" width on the logo and it's 1/2 inch from the bottom of the metal part of the back door. I originally had is set at an inch (same as the 4WD emblem, but thougt it looked too high) and moved it down. The bottom of the VX emblem and the Torque On Demand decal are the same height.

On the front, after I removed the ISUZU emblem, I cleaned this up, primed and painted the flat section of the grill and used the template to center the VX emblems.

I can't wait to get my front skid plate to complete the look that I'm after.

[img]

Last edited by Mile High VX : 01/01/2010 at 06:33 PM

looks great
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post

dig the accord in the garage.... whats under the hood
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

OK, it's not a big deal to you all, but it was to me! I pried / pealed off my Isuzu badge with the help of a hairdryer, removed all the old glue, sanded it down, masked off the front and sprayed the badge area with flat black paint, then applied my new faux brushed stainless VX logo....I'm so proud of myself!

p.s...note my disintegrating Restore/Refinish on the cladding...

oh yeah...p.s.s....if you're interested in buying these VX emblems from the guy in Tucson (SVX Motorsport Warehouse , http://svx-motorsport-accessories.stores.yahoo.net/), he sells them for $25 on his website, but $11 on ebay...
    Last edited by VX KAT : 01/05/2010 at 10:08 PM
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Nice work VX KAT

I feel your pain on the removal of the "gunk" and then painting that grill area. Nice spacing on that logo...

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    dig the accord in the garage.... whats under the hood
    It's the V6 VTEC J30A2. I've added some custom true dual exhaust (not a cat-back system), a K&N CAI. It's at about 240 HP right now. I've got other plans that will bring me closer to 300HP and reduce the weight. It's fun, but it's no VX.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    OK, it's not a big deal to you all, but it was to me! I pried / pealed off my Isuzu badge with the help of a hairdryer, removed all the old glue, sanded it down, masked off the front and sprayed the badge area with flat black paint, then applied my new faux brushed stainless VX logo....I'm so proud of myself!
    Nice...

Hey, isn't that a spider over there in the corner of your garage?...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Hey, isn't that a spider over there in the corner of your garage?...
    You have a good memory....and yes, it was right in front left of the white car! 'Cept the black widow spiders, tarantulas and whatever other hideous critters abound only come out when Dave is gone and I have to fight them off myself!

Non OEM Yakima Rack/Thule Box

Finally got some pics of the Rack/Box setup. Had to pass on Kat's most gracious offer to buy one of her OEM racks. Picked up this whole rig for less than 300 bucks from craigslist. Spent an afternoon rehabbing the towers, paint and grease, cut the spaces in the covers... The Thule box has some funky old brackets but otherwise is solid as a rock.

Thinking about cutting the bars down just a few inches each.

Lake Tahoe here we come!