Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to your VX this week?

You can get the green diamonds!!! www.treadwright.com. I just ordered a set from them for my wife's Trooper RS. Took less than 2 weeks turn around!!

Thats a bummer about the corrosion problems. I am still working on por15 the frame and welds. I am gonna duplicote the Aarms and other small parts. The POR15 is for the welds and frame rails.
    Good luck with your other repairs, you should have let me know about the bumper bar, I have one sitting in my garage with no rust, could have saved you at 50 bucks or so...

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    You can get the green diamonds!!! www.treadwright.com. I just ordered a set from them for my wife's Trooper RS. Took less than 2 weeks turn around!!
    Someone else gave me that link...the treadwright is the same idea but doesn't use the exact same carbide granules as the Green Diamonds...probably exactly the same effect if not better..not arguing that at all, but what I liked specifically about the Green Diamond Icelander M/T was it copied the tread design of the Yokohama Geolander M/T. That is what made me end up ordering the Yoko's after trying so hard to get the Green Diamonds again. They got me out of some tough situations so I'm figuring that the tread design itself (copied from Geolander M/T) had alot to do with that. Here is the link for Green Diamond Tires:

http://www.greendiamondtire.com/productswest2.html

mine lasted 2-years and roughly 30k miles and could've potentially got me through one more winter but they are 2/3 to 3/4 worn so not going to give me the bite in deep snow.
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 10/03/2010 at 05:52 AM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Cool, I think you will like the AT2, those were my first tires, they rode nice, but the sidewall was too thin for my hobby I really dig the new ones with the red lettering, but they are a bit pricey. Good luck with the wait, I too had to wait months for mine...

Bummer that it cost all that, but you've got to figure your up-front investment will significantly reduce costs later right? And if you ever do sell you ought to copy/paste your post into your ad - that's the kind of meticulous attention to detail that signifies a great used vehicle.

did clear lens for both front and side markers,

Well this week I have my Vx in my auto mechanics class. I plan to do some engine work to it so far and also install my amp and 2 12" speakers in the back. Last week I installed my passenger seat extenders. Next week I plan to get my ome parts for my suspension so I can lift me up a good 2-3" and also install my cb radio that I have. Trying to get ready for moab in may. Christmas list includes alot for the family haha (skid plate, winch, new wheels and tires, brushguard, new paint job....).

Pretty good list for a 16 year old huh?

So what are you getting for them in return? Don't want to end up with coal in your stocking...

i'm replacing a broken CV and changing the rear diff oil. Then i might get it muddy
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

Maverick I treat my family well haha I get my dads business credit card for the club we own and get some presents every year I spend around 5 grand on family which we make that each day at the club we have in Lexington Kentucky usually.

Well, I finally did the torsion bar crank and raised the nose 1" on my non-lifted VX. It bugged me since day one that the gaps in the wheel wells front-to-back were so far off that it looked like the front suspension might actually be broken. Then changing to taller 275/65/18 tires sure didn't help. I thought the "jacked up" look was really cool in the 70s. A few decades later - now that ALL cars seem to come from the factory "jacked up" - I'm really, really, really, really sick of that look. (Definitely a pet peeve of mine.)

I know the VX is supposed to have some rake and keeping it stock is "safer", but I may raise the nose another 1/2" to make it even closer to being level. Mine will never be perfectly even from side to side because the gap between the tire and the wheel arch on the left hand side is 1/2" higher than the right side. Started with 1-1/2" difference front to back on one side and 2" on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthJ1 View Post
    Maverick I treat my family well haha I get my dads business credit card for the club we own and get some presents every year I spend around 5 grand on family which we make that each day at the club we have in Lexington Kentucky usually.
    Hope you weren't offended, just giving you a little ribbing, all in good fun. In all seriousness, that's one he11 of a club you got there. You're making a 5K profit every day? That's like $520K / year if you're only open Friday and Saturday!

Well were open Friday Saturday and Sunday and no offense man I seemed like I snapped back sorry I just was saying it back sorry about that man .no hard feelings?

Of course not, it's just hard to judge tone and inflection over email or in posts, so I like to be careful. Now to get us back on topic...

I applied the TS-1 stuff a week ago yesterday. I'll write up something more detailed and post it in the Cladding thread after I've had a few more weeks to evaluate its rain resistance. I can tell you a few things: (1) it looks every bit as dark, if not more so, than B2B, 303, or any Meguiar's product, (2) it's extremely easy to apply. I'm VERY optimistic.

Replaced my burnt out heater fan resister. Now after a long, hot Arizona summer I have AC/heat! Did I say it was HOT!?
    Also cleaned out the fan cage. Think I need to recharge the AC system soon.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Well this weekend I installed the new metal window brackets from Tim, and while I had the plastic door panels off I took them apart and painted the orange part a metallic graphite color (close to the dash color). I used Rustoleum Midnight Black (more of a graphite sheen) which has small metal flakes in it. I took out the panels behind the "pockets" and painted that piece a true satin black so it has a nicer subdued tone to the whole panel, but not monotone. I also installed some 5 1/2 round lights on the grille guard and am working the wiring harness to power them, including a new fuse block. Took out the fuzzy hole and need to find a piece of black plastic to use to cover the hole so I can mount about 3x switches there (no luck in finding a Rodeo fuzzy hole replacement) - pics to follow.
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com