Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to your VX this week?

Quote Originally Posted by wekilled View Post
    (no luck in finding a Rodeo fuzzy hole replacement)
    Have you tried posting a WTB post here and on the Planet' or give Marlin a shout?
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    wekilled-
    i have one of those fuzzy hole replacements if your interested...

PM me! or call 720-273-1099
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

I decided to go with the 3M headlight restoration. Okay let me say right now if you haven't done/considered this before you should. I spent $20 bucks and got this from my local Advance Autoparts store. I used my 9.6V rechargeable drill. Just follow the directions and you will be okay. Here's a tip, when you think you have sanded enough, do it again anyway. Although the directions do not say to add water to the sanding process I found doing so did a better job. Sand and sand again. Once you get to the buffing process with the compound you will see the difference. They really do look like new

Before

Middle

After - the light doesnt show the full clarity but it is beautiful - moving around the horns is rough but once you get the rythm you got it

Fuzzy Hole Replacement x2

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    wekilled-
    i have one of those fuzzy hole replacements if your interested...

PM me! or call 720-273-1099
    VT Maverick offered me one for $20 with a few blanks, but mailbox is full so I can't respond. (below)

Looking for one with switch blanks and/or a working switch.....either way shoot me an email on my .mil account. Love to get the project underway with help from either of you.

VT Maverick: "I've got a fuzzy hole replacement if your interested. Need to take a look this weekend to see if I have the 2 blank switch covers that go with it. Say $20 including shipping? Just let me know."

- Ashley
    Forward Message
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com

Sorry Doug, I'm on bisiness travel so I haven't been able to clean out my inbox. I get home Thursday night so I'll let you know Friday what I have.

Sounds good. I have had the VX for 6 years already and haven't messed with the plate- so I can wait til you get home and decompress, etc. Preferably hit me up on my .mil account so I will see it.

In the meantime I will run the wiring to the switchplate, which will probably take the longest anyway.

Thanks alot!

Np, I'll be in touch!

Some interior work

I am pretty terrible about posting pics so here are a few images of what I have been up to lately: painted the doors with metallic graphite paint.

diamond plate on the seatbacks/with Rodeo headrests, so when I put stuff in the back the seats can take a beating. Also use two nets so I can throw stuff in the "hammock."

added a flex mount for my Zune, and some new shifters.

More to follow, I plan on finishing up the 5 1/2 round fog install once I get the switches, and adding extra outlets where the ashtray is currently located.

Nice work Doug, now I can see why you're eager to get that switch plate! Where did you get the seat backing material? Is it metal, rubber, or metal?

If I'm thinking of the same stuff, they have it at Pep Boys. It's not cheap but seems really tough. I was thinking about doing the entire back area of my truck with it, under the seats as well. The dogs would be much less likely to tear that rather than the seat leather!

This isn't the interlocking foam fatigue mats (had those in my garage before we moved)

This stuff is a heavy duty rubber/vinyl. Its used in warehouses and industry. I bought mine at Pacific Mat in Tukwila (south of Seattle) but I have seen it online and a few other places. I cut it with some trauma shears and also made a piece for the faring on my Yakima rack (see pic in gallery) You can bend it easily but it will not "stretch" in a double radius area, otherwise I would have upholstered the entire inside with it.

I have been trying to find it in wide enough pieces to replace the carpeting section in the back (cargo area and under back seats) with one piece and not have seams, but haven't found any suppliers that sell it by the foot or yard at that width. They all want to sell me an entire roll.

If they have the vinyl stuff at Pep Boys I am headed there!

I saw the vinyl diamond plate at Costco about 8 months ago. It was roll of about 8' x 10' ' for $169.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

$169 isn't too bad. Heck new carpet for a hatch back is almost $300!!! That sounds like a steal! Now I just gotta find me a Costco near by.

If you happen to see any at Costco let me know --and I may have to pick up a roll myself to do the rest of the floor and the driveline hump. Carpet is too "domestic" rather have all diamondplate flooring. Here is another source:

http://www.ironcompany.com/diamondpl...ngand8482.aspx

Scroll down and you'll see they used it for a vehicle as well!
    Last edited by wekilled : 10/29/2010 at 03:43 PM

I have to go to Costco tomorrow or the next day, so I'll see if they still have it and get the info on it.