Thread: Exhaust Options

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exhaust Options

The VX is now looking the part and i want it to sound the part

I want a nice deep tone, reasonably loud but no rasp. I have heard a few peoples VX's on youtube and they have a nasty rasp to them which i wouldn't like at all.

I love the sound of my V6 300zx and want something similar (i know there different engines and the zx is turbo'd eliminating alot of noise)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzDDY...eature=channel

I went to a custom exhaust fabricators yesturday and they want £600 for a cat back system!! which is way too much for me. I was thinking of just replacing the centre box with a universal straight through one my self but is it going to sound raspy and rubbish?? Or an nice V6 burble?

What is the stock exhaust diamiter??? ( i would check but i took the tube to work cause im out for drinks after )
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

Exhaust

Hey crotch what's up ?
    In my own personal experience I got rid of the stock muffler & replace it for a smaller size;It did improve the deep loud but non disturbing sound on the VX which I love.
    Few weeks ago I decide to run a 2nd muffler & pipe on the passeger side & now those mufflers sounds deep & sweet, I made fun of my self saying that @ 40 mph I feel. very sexy with the whole cabing vibrating LOL
    Dakar was just the begining.

Good man, hope your well!!!

Cool i like the sound of that. I have finally found a company that offer various mild steel exhaust parts i can DIY I don't mind it being mild as it doesn't have to last forever!!! and i can weld it up my self !

http://www.jetex.co.uk/website/custo...d&dia=3.0+inch

No offence to etlsport as his car's awesome but this is the sound i'm trying to avoid. Kinda sounds like the packing is missing from the exhaust box
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FX3A4Wc8QQ

I HIGHLY recommend hunting down the elusive PV1 (Power Vault 1 series). Occasionally, one will appear on the sales forums and it goes fast. Had mine installed new for about 6-7 years now and only gets better with age. You push more air with a S/C on a PV and you are really on sound-par with some V8s.

That clip with etl's PV is most likley A/V artifacting. Though, he could be running a PV2, which, IIRC, has some resonance due to a baffle/silencer welded into the pipe or something. I think most have cut them out and it's mo'betta now. Maybe someone here can vouch for the PV2 that has one, though I have never heard one of those in person.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Thanks, the manufacturers you mensioned don't seam to be available in the uk, i think getting some parts and doing it at home is the way forward. Should cost no more than £100

Anyone ?