Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tuble Weed

Quote Originally Posted by Sprey View Post
    when i drove 4 or so hours, mine was doing roughly 10 - 11 km per litre
    That's pretty good for a 3.2L vehicle which is no light weight (and on NZ roads, that aren't usually freeway cruising).

I need to run my 3.5 out on the freeway for a long run and see what economy I can get compared to you ...

98. Blazed Peacock Mica, 1504 SOLD VxLess Now :O
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieVX View Post
    That's pretty good for a 3.2L vehicle which is no light weight (and on NZ roads, that aren't usually freeway cruising).

I need to run my 3.5 out on the freeway for a long run and see what economy I can get compared to you ...
    Yea your right about the roads, tho most of the road i drove was fairly good a few hills but yea not too bad.

my first trip away so i wasnt pushing it just cruising , prob gonna go on a trip away with some mates so ill see how it goes then with gas.

Gotta be the perfect car for NZ, small enough, nippy and yet still capable of monstering the good gravel roads... if I ever move back I'm going to have to stick my VX on a boat ....

Quote Originally Posted by AussieVX View Post
    Gotta be the perfect car for NZ, small enough, nippy and yet still capable of monstering the good gravel roads... if I ever move back I'm going to have to stick my VX on a boat ....
    Sounds like a plan

What part did you come from ?

Can a mod change the title to Tumble Weed please ??

so i don't look like a tit
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

Hi all,

Haven't been on the site for ages for all sorts of reasons but glad to see things are still lively, the G20 thread got me laughing.

Crotchrocket I'm in Bisley Surrey when I eventually get mine back on the road I'd be up for a meet to do a little off roading. Your the first person with a VX who lives anywhere near me. I've played around with mine quite a bit so you could get to see what a mess you can make of a VX if you really try

Currently sat in Houston, spotted a Silver VX last night around 6.00pm on Westheimer Briarpark, anyone on here?

Col

there are quite a few VXs in Houston

I used to live in Katy and we had a meet over at George Shaws house. I cant remember his user name thats where I met Tone (GRHS) and about a dozen other fans. We had about 6-8 VXs there at the time.

I was saddened to read the news about Tone, I never managed to meet up with him on my trips to Houston but he provided me all sorts of parts for my VX going out of his way to parcel up bits from other suppliers for me, I can only echo the comments made by others.
    I couldn't get alongside the silver VX to see the occupant as it was heavy traffic.

Col

I would have to say that the american interiors end this argument pretty quickly. The red and black Or black and grey leather interior is very classy and sporty and would never in a million years be mistaken for my grandmothers couch upholstery.

Thing I DO like from the JDM models are the 2 wheel drive option, the climate control even in the 98/99 models and the double din head unit opening... My life would be so much easier right now as far as audio equipment goes!
    macintosh man

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by technocoy View Post
    I would have to say that the american interiors end this argument pretty quickly. The red and black Or black and grey leather interior is very classy and sporty and would never in a million years be mistaken for my grandmothers couch upholstery.

Thing I DO like from the JDM models are the 2 wheel drive option, the climate control even in the 98/99 models and the double din head unit opening... My life would be so much easier right now as far as audio equipment goes!
    true that...

does anyone have a pic of the JDM dash?? im curious how they designed it differently...and for that matter is it compatible with ours? (could i swap it for a factory 2-din hole?
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    true that...

does anyone have a pic of the JDM dash?? im curious how they designed it differently...and for that matter is it compatible with ours? (could i swap it for a factory 2-din hole?
    Ive got a squeak in mine, loose stereo bracket so ill grab some pics for you.

Edit heres some of the pics. - the hotglue on there is for the hairline cracks.
    if you want any more pics just ask.

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/k...6/IMG_1154.jpg
    http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/k...6/IMG_1155.jpg
    http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/k...6/IMG_1159.jpg
    http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/k...6/IMG_1160.jpg
    http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/k...6/IMG_1161.jpg
    http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/k...6/IMG_1162.jpg
    Last edited by Sprey : 04/04/2009 at 10:12 PM

I've been wondering the same thing and from everything I have found so far its 215BHP for the JDM.

http://wiki.planetisuzoo.com/index.php/Vehicross'

http://dic.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/670839
    Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

3.2 V6D1 vs 3.5 V6E1

The Japanese Vehicross was/is based on the earlier (and possible better*) 1998 3.2 V6D1 engine used in the Trooper. Unlike the 3.5 (V6E1) which produces 215 bhp the 3.2 produces 190 bhp.

The differences between the two engine models are the size of the cranks and con-rods. I also believe only the 3.2 has hydraulic tappets.

Does anyone agree?

Kirk

* better - in that it had a lot of testing for the Trooper and does not suffer from the same oil starvation problems.

1999 (2001) Radiant Red 157/175 "lil pwny"
    Hi guys, i own a jdm vx that has the red and black leather . and i think i am correct in saying i have the 3.5ltr motor to.

As i only know of two aussies on this board (vic and tas) i am guessing that getting a road trip or weekend meet would be out of the question. i dont mind traveling up to 8 hours for a meet.