Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: All Ebonys check-in here!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey everyone! Here's a pic of me and my "new" ebony VX (with red/black interior):

I got her last weekend from a guy on Craigslist here in the Phoenix, AZ (Scottsdale, actually) area - he purchased it a month prior from somebody up in Flagstaff, IIRC. Prior to that it was in Texas I believe. She has about 138k on the odometer, but still runs like a champ (drive-line seems pretty solid).

Right now, she's in the shop. Biggest problem is safety related: No running lights or dash lights - so I can't drive her at night. All other lights work great, though. I'm also having the shop do a complete and thorough look-over, and repair anything amiss.

The transmission fluid is an ugly brown - so that needs a definite look over (though it shifts great - no slipping or anything weird). I also need new front-end ball joints. I may also need a new timing belt (dunno when it was last checked or replaced). Maybe brakes. Maybe a bunch of things...

Anyhow - I fell in love with the VX about 6 months ago, and I thought I would never find one; every one that came up for sale was bought before I could get on it. While I was test driving this one, the seller had two other people asking about it (one was going to fly in from Florida!).

I got very lucky, I think.

I got a bunch of mods I am planning on doing - but nothing to detract from her looks, and I am going to try to keep everything reversible, or otherwise hidden. I don't want to detract from her value. I really think the VX is on the verge of being a collectible, but I didn't buy her for that reason - really, what I wanted was a daily driver with 4WD and a tight wheelbase - I was looking at Wranglers and such - then fell in love with the VX when I first saw one - she's the sexiest vehicle I've ever owned.

Yup, I recognize the rims and the lift Andrew!
    I do believe that IS the Ebony that used to be up here near me (for at least a year or two). Haven't seen it around the place the guy worked, so I figured it went somewhere. IIRC his name was Colby.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Black 1999 #0616 here. Details in the EBONY thread.

Update Before and After

Update Before and After

1999 Ebony VX. High mileage and needs some work but only cost $2500 and actually runs very good. OME 912, Ranchos and Mickey Thompsons are on order. Am located in Albuquerque, NM for now.

Fun group trips when you get your VX trail ready.

Moab is May 13th - 21st
    http://www.vehicross.info/showthread...ight=2017+moab

Silverton dates have not been set yet but I will post a thread when we set the dates. We went in September last year and it was cold and snowed the last 2 days so we are thinking the end of August would be better like we did in 2015. Here is last years thread.
    http://www.vehicross.info/showthread...ight=silverton

I know I have posted this elsewhere, but I think keeping the forum as a historical location on the internet is important.

I just purchased #0209! Sorry, still excited. No pics yet, but I plan on creating a build thread anyway.

I hope we get to see it sometime.

Removing the ancient/brittle vinyl wrap. Real PITA. I am taking pictures as I go so I can post some.