well i noticed not too long ago my antifreeze level had dropped a bit.. not a huge amount, but some.. also noticed wetness on the inner fender well.. so i figured thats where the coolant went

i went to get my coolant flushed and re-filled and the mechanic tells me that when pressure tested, my radiator lost 4lbs of pressure over 5 minutes and then held steady at 9psi, but that he couldnt do a radiator flush if my radiator was leaking

we looked high and low for a leak, didnt see anything obvious, he asked if id seen any white smoke.. i hadnt, he checked the oil, said it looked alright (ie no obvious signs of coolant in it)

did quite a bit of work on the VX today including an oil change, oil looked pretty clear (for dirty oil) not murky or anything, kinda like coke

started and stopped the VX many times while i was working on it.. and started to notice that on startup i was getting thin white smoke from the exhaust... yikes... im HOPING that the white smoke was condensation since the temp went from 30-65-30 here today and i was doing all the work during the cooldown period...

does this sound like it could be a blown headgasket? and if so.. well what are my options, i know its gonna cost a whole lot to have a dealership fix it.. how realistic is it for me to attempt that repair myself? ive done a good amount of work, but have zero experience inside an engine