Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: FBI Profile of a Vx owner

Btw, my $.02 on the profile is summed up by one word: independent. I think we all wanted something unique and different when we bought our VX's. I'm sure some wanted one for the attention, but I would guess that most of us just wanted to be able to find our car in the parking lot easier.

On that note, have you guys seen the new Audi commerical where they mock Lexus RX owners? High quality entertainment for those of us that mock status symbol / poser cars.

Smile

[QUOTE= I would guess that most of us just wanted to be able to find our car in the parking lot easier.

Tell me about it....
    I went to this state park reservoir in long island on the 4th;I was bloody late,my friends & family were already there since 6:00 am,but the park was completely crowded by the time i got there so i was unable to find my gang,almost all of the 9 huge parking lots were occupied,only the last lot had available spots & with all the 1000's of cars i can't find those that belongs to my gang so i called one of my cousins & told her:
    Shanna,look out for the strangest vehicule out there,she asked me:how it looks like ? I replay :dunno know how to explain you.
    Three minutes later she called back:Gus,is that you driving a silver weird looking thing or whatever is that called on the right lane ? Yeap,that's me.
    She laugh saying:Gus,you really knows how to boost an girl's attention,i mean it she added :Holy s...it's a two doors;Wow,this thing's a rolling single
    & mingle advertisement;Where the hell you got that thing from ? Obviously she never saw one in north carolina where she lives & came to spend the weekend here in NYC;Anyhow i think the VX definnetly can't go unnoticed any where it goes.
    Dakar was just the begining.

Gussie,

What is soccer ????

And who the hell cares about it??

Quote Originally Posted by KeithVXlvr View Post
    Gussie,

What is soccer ????

And who the hell cares about it??
    I wonder why is the ????

Any how soccer is the most popular sport worldwide.

Did you ever heard about "WORLD CUP SOCCER"

Pele,ronaldo,kaka,maradona,ronaldinho,beckenbauer.

Do those names sounds to you familiar ?

I describe myself as a non-conformist with an apprciation for the rare and different. I'm 42, single, never married (came close a couple times, thank god I dodged that bullet), no kids. I have no compulsion to do the "white picket fence house with 2.5 kids and half a dog" thing. And yes I'm very much a heterosexual. Despite the non-conformist leanings, I look like Ned Flanders (Simpsons hehe...) I'm compelled to have a clean cut image for my job.

Love guns but don't own one. Beer is a staple of my diet, yet never drive intoxicated. Enjoy the outdoors esp when its cold ( i lived in Alaska for 15 years before moving to Alabama) but don't get out very much here in Alabama.

I am a IT techie by trade, "if I cant mod it, I wont buy it" is a general rule in my buying habits. I also tend to the obscure tastes in music as well as vehicles.

My other car is a fairly rare Copper colored Saturn SL2, only produced in early 97. I tinted the windows, opted for the alloy wheels, added sunroof and a decent audio system. Its still a sharp looking car that turns heads simply because of its great color scheme. When I get pulled over, the cop invariably asks "Ummm what color is this?" as he writes me up for speeding which happens way too often.

Mechanics ask me "What happened to your purple car? or Pink car? lol I never correct them that the color is Copper, cuz frankly I dont care what they think it is as long as they remember it. Guess I bought the VX for much the same reason. Turn heads, be different, not care if they hate it. Dance to a different drummer, be my own person and to hell with their preconceptions of what I should do, how I should live, what my priorities should be, or what I drive.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I describe myself as a non-conformist with an apprciation for the rare and different. I'm 42, single, never married (came close a couple times, thank god I dodged that bullet), no kids. I have no compulsion to do the "white picket fence house with 2.5 kids and half a dog" thing. And yes I'm very much a heterosexual. Despite the non-conformist leanings, I look like Ned Flanders (Simpsons hehe...) I'm compelled to have a clean cut image for my job.

Love guns but don't own one. Beer is a staple of my diet, yet never drive intoxicated. Enjoy the outdoors esp when its cold ( i lived in Alaska for 15 years before moving to Alabama) but don't get out very much here in Alabama.

I am a IT techie by trade, "if I cant mod it, I wont buy it" is a general rule in my buying habits. I also tend to the obscure tastes in music as well as vehicles.

My other car is a fairly rare Copper colored Saturn SL2, only produced in early 97. I tinted the windows, opted for the alloy wheels, added sunroof and a decent audio system. Its still a sharp looking car that turns heads simply because of its great color scheme. When I get pulled over, the cop invariably asks "Ummm what color is this?" as he writes me up for speeding which happens way too often.

Mechanics ask me "What happened to your purple car? or Pink car? lol I never correct them that the color is Copper, cuz frankly I dont care what they think it is as long as they remember it. Guess I bought the VX for much the same reason. Turn heads, be different, not care if they hate it. Dance to a different drummer, be my own person and to hell with their preconceptions of what I should do, how I should live, what my priorities should be, or what I drive.
    Hmmmmmmmm....

That sounds vaguely familiar...

Good on you Grif!, & welcome to the Fam...

Isuzu must have had someone in mind with these things. Anyone know who they were building these for? What did they say?

VX Color Says What?

Maybe the color of your VX says something.

First reaction to my Proton, a rare beast here in Canada, was "Starved for Attention!" If it was an Ebony I am sure the reaction would have been different.

Let's see if we can come up with personality traits by VX color.

Astral / Kaiser = conservative, if that fits a VX Owner at all?
    Dragon = nature lover?
    Ebony = rebel?
    IronMan = ??
    Fire Fox = ??
    Proton = hey, look this way?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2001 Proton Yellow #0643
    1956 Century Palomino

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    i disagree bee sting...

mine is kaiser and im about as far from conservative as you can get

and ldub, he is definately not conservative....astral

jofotoz, another astral owner, not conservative....

although, judging by plainly color i could see how you would think that
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    i disagree bee sting...

mine is kaiser and im about as far from conservative as you can get

and ldub, he is definately not conservative....astral

jofotoz, another astral owner, not conservative....

although, judging by plainly color i could see how you would think that
    I think Kiaser just screams "Bad *** Mofo"

Protons are attention whores (no offense... but it looks like a rolling yeild sign)

Astrals I think look most conservative.

White reminds me of a fleet vehicle or a generic beer can.

Ebony is just all black... not bad but bland IMHO.

Foxfire is very sharp.... and is a great web browser. lol

And I agree that the green is for the outdoorsy typpes.

But Kiaser conservative?? No, just sharp.

Protons are attention whores???

I'd take offense to that ... if it weren't true ... but ...

"Kiaser just screams Bad *** Mofo" ... Naw - it looks like sump'n James Bond would drive.

I'd love to be there some foggy morning when you come out to get in your Kaiser to go to work. "Dang - Some AH stole my VX" ... then ... BAM ... you walk right into it. BWAAHAAHAA!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    "Kiaser just screams Bad *** Mofo" ... Naw - it looks like sump'n James Bond would drive.
    yes! thats an awesome compliment, ill drive a james bond style vehicle any day!

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    I wonder why is the ????

Any how soccer is the most popular sport worldwide. Then go live somewhere else in the world. !!!

Did you ever heard about "WORLD CUP SOCCER" Yep, some type of get together. A group brawl for idiots in the turd world.

Pele,ronaldo,kaka,maradona,ronaldinho,beckenbauer. They all sound like bowel medicine from various location in the world.

Do those names sounds to you familiar ?
    If I go to the doctor with bowel movement problems I'm sure to hear one of them.

Soccer fan, leave the rest of us alone. Go play your little game and don't bother us anymore with how we are supposed to love it. You all run around like idiots and react like you've been shot with a deer rifle if you get touched. Yellow card, red card oooohhh watch out I have a red card.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithVXlvr View Post
    If I go to the doctor with bowel movement problems I'm sure to hear one of them.

Soccer fan, leave the rest of us alone. Go play your little game and don't bother us anymore with how we are supposed to love it. You all run around like idiots and react like you've been shot with a deer rifle if you get touched. Yellow card, red card oooohhh watch out I have a red card.
    wow....really?....seriously???

and what sport do you like kevin? im sure i can tell you about how i dont like it...

I like hunting and shooting little blue creatures with big floppy ears.